Author Topic: The Repugnican Plan  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
The Repugnican Plan
« on: November 17, 2011, 12:32:09 AM »
As expected, the Repugnican revenue plan raises taxes on the middle class, not fat cats and Big Oil.   http://news.yahoo.com/gop-tax-plan-targets-itemized-deductions-080710390.html You guys should change parties and vote your own pocketbook, not Exxon-Mobil's.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: The Repugnican Plan
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 04:40:56 AM »
As expected, the Repugnican revenue plan raises taxes on the middle class, not fat cats and Big Oil.   http://news.yahoo.com/gop-tax-plan-targets-itemized-deductions-080710390.html You guys should change parties and vote your own pocketbook, not Exxon-Mobil's.

No need to change parties. We just need to vote in the right candidate, and if we do that we might actually have a pocketbook.

This very,very Liberal website gives us 10 reasons to vote for Ron Paul.
Well! Truth is, they said 10 reasons NOT to vote Paul, but she just worded it wrong. ;)
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/11/04/10-reasons-not-to-vote-for-paul/
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 05:41:03 AM »
Yeah sounds like a good idea-I'll change parties and still lose my pocket book and get to lose all of my freedom as an added bonus. No thanks.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 06:09:37 AM »

No need to change parties. We just need to vote in the right candidate, and if we do that we might actually have a pocketbook.

Well! Truth is, they said 10 reasons NOT to vote Paul, but she just worded it wrong. ;)
there are 400,000,000 reasons to not vote for RP.  thats the amount he requested for his earmarks.  he gave over 10mil to the shrimp industry. shrimpers can sell every shrimp they dredge up. they don't need money to promote eating shrimp.  tell me he hasn't been bought just like any other politician. ::)

http://www.azfree.org/ron-pauls-earmark-problem/

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Lost Farmboy

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 07:14:09 AM »

The republican plan – Bankrupt America

The demarcate plan – Bankrupt America faster

The Ron Paul plan – Cut the budget by 1 trillion dollars the first year
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 09:10:23 AM »

there are 400,000,000 reasons to not vote for RP.  thats the amount he requested for his earmarks.  he gave over 10mil to the shrimp industry. shrimpers can sell every shrimp they dredge up. they don't need money to promote eating shrimp.  tell me he hasn't been bought just like any other politician. ::)

http://www.azfree.org/ron-pauls-earmark-problem/

Thanks for that very informative blog from Outside The Beltway. :)
I really never understood the importance of shrimp until the Forest Gump movie.

Yep! Old Paul is just like the other bottom feeders in DC and the media that speaks for them.. That's why they all have such respect for him. LOL!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 09:59:12 AM »
when congress spends a penny, it should benefit every citizen in the country.
I posted that link to show that RP is no different than any other politician.
he spends MY money on HIS constituents.

I knew that shrimp were tasty even before forest gump.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 10:37:09 AM »
What I think people in general don't realize is that there is no magical political party, no Jesus like Presidential candidate, No local, state, or federal elected official that is going to do anything any differently than any previous power hungry politicians.  Most any politician is going to get a little drunk on their power.  No, I should restate that.  Most any politician is going to get a little drunk on the power their constituants allow them to abuse.  Until the people of this country wake up, make change in their own lives  such as, getting out of debt, living up to their own moral and religeous standards, and taking a very active role in the power you allow your elected officals have, then nothing, i repeat NOTHING is going to change.

As Larry Potterfield would say:  And that's the way it is.
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 12:52:37 PM »
Congratulations, sir.
Swingem

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 05:51:04 AM »

The day I would vote Democrat/Liberal I will take an overdose or implant a lead pill into my head. ::)
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 05:59:16 AM »

The day I would vote Democrat/Liberal I will take an overdose or implant a lead pill into my head. ::)
If you do, I wanna watch.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 06:13:18 AM »
Whjether REPUGNICAN  or DEMOCRAP ..makes no difference..  As Single shot Sam said...no Jesus waiting in the wings...only flawed men..some mildly so, others greatly so..   Our job next election is to see that somebody much less flawed that what we now have , gets the job.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 08:06:34 AM »

Be sure to smile toward Irving, Texas, when you pay your income taxes next year.  Be sure to say, Gosh, Exxon-Mobil, I'm glad to pay more US income taxes so you can keep paying none.  The middle class is about to get a $290,000,000,000 tax increase thanks to guys like you.

Offline lakota

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 08:28:42 AM »
And if Obama is reelected hundreds of millions of people will face further needless and senseless restrictions on or the outright loss of their 2nd amendment rights-thanks to guys like you

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 08:45:34 AM »
And if Obama is reelected hundreds of millions of people will face further needless and senseless restrictions on or the outright loss of their 2nd amendment rights-thanks to guys like you
So there's no anti-gun Repugnicans?  BS.  GW Bush said he would sign an assault weapon ban if it crossed his desk.  I do believe he was/is a Repugnican.

Offline lakota

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 08:54:48 AM »
I dont see many republicans actively campaigning to abolish my 2nd amendment rights the way that your beloved commiecrats do. Are you going to deny that disarmament is a part of the democrat platform?

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011, 09:15:35 AM »
Quote from Lakota:
"And if Obama is reelected hundreds of millions of people will face further needless and senseless restrictions on or the outright loss of their 2nd amendment rights".

That is what many said would happen during his first term, hence the gun/ammo buying frenzy. Please list the 2nd amendment rights that have been removed due to Obama during his first term. If I remember correctly they have even been expanded like being able to carry in national parks.
GuzziJohn

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2011, 09:26:08 AM »
I dont see many republicans actively campaigning to abolish my 2nd amendment rights the way that your beloved commiecrats do. Are you going to deny that disarmament is a part of the democrat platform?
SOME Democrats and SOME Republicans want it.  Don't paint every or even most Democrats with a Nancy Pelosi or Ted Kennedy brush. 
I told you guys several months ago that this Republican tax hike for the middle class was coming. You guys vote the way a billionaire would vote, not the way a middle class working man would vote if he wasn't blinded by prejudice and right wing spin.  You ARE going to pay more in US income taxes and Exxon and the other Big Oil Companies will continue to pay ZERO US income taxes.  John D. Rockefeller is laughing at you from his grave.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 09:27:27 AM »
As usual the Media got the facts wrong.
The republican plan is to lower the tax rate to increase total dollar revinue.
There is an inverse relationship between tax rates and the amount of $ collected.
The lower the rate the more money is handed into the treasury as low tax rates create new jobs and business to tax.
Widening the tax base.

Offline jimster

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 09:37:45 AM »
President Obama is anti gun, and will sign any anti gun legislation that gets to his desk.  That is a fact. And we all know it.  Just because legislation has not reached his desk yet is no reason to to feel all giddy. 
Hale DeMar, a 52-year-old Wilmette resident, was arrested and charged with
 misdemeanor violations for shooting, in the shoulder and leg, a burglar who
 broke into his home not once, but twice. Cook County prosecutors dropped all
 charges against DeMar.
In March 2004, the Illinois Senate passed Senate Bill 2165, a law introduced
 in response to DeMar's case, with provisions designed to assert a right of
 citizens to protect themselves against home invasions, such that self-defense
 requirements would be viewed to take precedence over local ordinances against
 handgun possession. The measure passed the Illinois Senate by a vote of 38-20.
 Barack Obama was one of the 20 state senators voting against the measure.
Obama’s writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:
35. Do you support state legislation to:
a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.
b. ban assault weapons? Yes.
c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes.

This is but a small sample of his view on us peasants.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 09:43:30 AM »
I was just saying it has not happened. I will reserve judgement for when it does happen. May soon have a chance to see if he tries to veto the national carry bill if it also goes through the senate.
GuzziJohn

Offline lakota

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2011, 09:44:21 AM »
If you think Obama wont go after gun rights in a second term then you are brainwashed to the point of being past hope.

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 09:56:10 AM »
As usual the Media got the facts wrong.
The republican plan is to lower the tax rate to increase total dollar revinue.
There is an inverse relationship between tax rates and the amount of $ collected.
The lower the rate the more money is handed into the treasury as low tax rates create new jobs and business to tax.
Widening the tax base.
Straight from The G.W. Bush playbook.  He kept cutting taxes for billionaires until he cut us almost to Great Depression #2.

Offline jimster

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 10:17:14 AM »
I was just saying it has not happened. I will reserve judgement for when it does happen. May soon have a chance to see if he tries to veto the national carry bill if it also goes through the senate. GuzziJohn
Hope he does veto it to be honest...this bill is tied to commerce laws...not good.  But actually he is not smart enough to read the legislation or know much about it except the title of it.  Actually most people only look at the title of the bills...they don't know what's in them, let alone the inner workings of the legislation, or what it really means or how it will affect them.  Maybe I'll get lucky and he will veto it because of the title of it. Unless someone smarter than him fills him in on how the federal government can control state gun permits through this "great sounding" bill.   Any legislation from the feds needs to be carefully looked at.  Not to be trusted, might sound good on the surface, but it probably is not.     

Offline powderman

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 10:36:57 AM »
Obama’s writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:

YEP. And some so called gun owners here  support him. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 10:49:12 AM »

If you're talking about me, I'm not a so called gun owner.  I AM a gun owner.  Please explain why you supported GW Bush when he was for "b" in your list.  I suspect he was also for "a" and "c."  Wasn't McCain for "b"?  Obviously, you can't trust Repugnican politicians. 

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2011, 10:51:43 AM »

If you're talking about me, I'm not a so called gun owner.  I AM a gun owner.  Please explain why you supported GW Bush when he was for "b" in your list.  I suspect he was also for "a" and "c."  Wasn't McCain for "b"?  Obviously, you can't trust Repugnican politicians.
You're right that is why we need conservitive candidates not republicans that can be more liberal than some democrats. 
And while some Republicans are wishy washy about gun control. 
The Democratic platform is ANTI gun even though some of the democrats are pro gun.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2011, 11:10:50 AM »

If you do, I wanna watch.

Don't hold your breath waiting. ;)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2011, 11:17:57 AM »
I was just saying it has not happened. I will reserve judgement for when it does happen. May soon have a chance to see if he tries to veto the national carry bill if it also goes through the senate.
GuzziJohn

No worry there the Senate won't let it pass. Prince Harry and his clowns make sure that the WH doesn't have to show its hand.

Offline lakota

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2011, 11:26:08 AM »
GuzziJohn

No worry there the Senate won't let it pass. Prince Harry and his clowns make sure that the WH doesn't have to show its hand.

Yep. Obama will wait to show his anti gun colors until after he has been reelected and is no longer accountable to the voters.