Author Topic: Para Ordnance "Carry Safe" C6.45 LDA  (Read 1673 times)

Offline jcsabolt2

• Trade Count: (0)
Para Ordnance "Carry Safe" C6.45 LDA
« on: January 13, 2004, 06:37:58 AM »
I want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly.  Do the "Carry Safe" series of pistols from Para Ordnance have a trigger that works like a DA, but pulls like an SA on the first shot and every shot after?

http://www.paraord.com/pages/carry.html#carry

Also, what is considered a good price for a C6.45 LDA?  I saw one for $900 this weekend.  Got me a little choked up.   :cry:   Ohio finally passed their CCW Law and I'm looking for a small, slim carry guns.  I really like the Kahr MK9's and MK40's.  They are the slimist I've found so far at 1" thick.  A Glock is about 1.2" thick.  Can't stand the grip angle on the Glock either!
A man with a gun is a citizen...a man without a gun is a subject.
Great Pro Gun Site...not what you might be thinking.  http://www.flashbunny.org/

Offline Savage

Para Ordnance "Carry Safe" C6.45
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 02:29:20 PM »
The Para "LDA" trigger system is consistant from the first to last shot. The pull is rather long, but light for a DA pull. I have had some experience with a C-6 LDA. I was not favorably impressed with the performance of the gun overall, but you could get used to the trigger. While this gun is indeed slim, it is heavy as a brick. Weight is as big a consideration as size in a CCW gun,( in my opinion.) I would look at something is alloy or polymer for 24/7 CCW. Usually someone new to CCW will go through several guns till they get the right one.(ones)
Good luck,
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline jcsabolt2

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 01:10:15 AM »
The weight/size/repeat shootability is a topic I have been battling.  Go with a synthetic stock such as the Kahr PM9 series, more muzzle flip than from their MK9 series which is full SS.  My ideal gun would be the Kahr, but with the grip safety from a 1911 style handgun and a trigger similar to a Glock or S&W XD.  I like the XD's very much, but they and the Glocks are much wider than the Kahr.  What I really need to do is shoot about half a dozen pistols to make up my mind.

Thanks for your input!
A man with a gun is a citizen...a man without a gun is a subject.
Great Pro Gun Site...not what you might be thinking.  http://www.flashbunny.org/

Offline Savage

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2004, 03:36:15 AM »
With pratice, follow up shots on target are not a problem with any of the calibers chambered in the Para or Kahr. If you are comitted to 24/7 carry, I'll wager you'll end up with a least two guns in the first year. One you'll  carry all the time. The other you'll wish you carried all the time. I'd have to take inventory to count the handguns I currently own. I have been carrying over 30yrs, and shooting a lot longer. I frequently find myself carrying an 8oz .32 or a 16oz 9mm. Not ideal, but beats the 2lb .45 I left in the car. Carry guns are a personal choice, it's a lot of fun solving the problem of finding the right ones.  I tend to make the gun match the clothes rather than dress to conceal it. No way I'm wearing a vest in 100 degree weather, or a fanny pack anytime! My idea of concealed is carrying in such a way that no one suspects I have a gun. That's hard to do with a large or heavy gun.
Good Hunting!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2004, 08:04:58 AM »
jcsabolt2,
     Don't know where you are looking, but $900. seems a little high. I picked up my first 6-45 for $685.  I let a policemen at the range talk me out of it for $700.  I havn't bought another one yet, but I did pick up a P-10 in .40.  It is much more confortable to shoot than the 6-45.

You should be able to find a 6-45 for about $700.  

Some advice.  If you can't afford to have a safe full, I recommend you go to the range and talk to your friends and other people, see what they are carrying.  You may find you don't really want the 6-45 afterall.  In my area, most folks are proud of their guns, won't hesitate to let you fire them and check them out. :D

Offline MarkJ_Thompson

PARA LDA
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2004, 02:59:17 PM »
Your local dealer is paying around $660 for the C645S before shipping.

As far as the trigger...I was very impressed at the 745 Limited that just came through my doors. It is a Light Double Action. I thought the trigger was excellent. It takes up very light (some would say creep), comes tight and then a crisp break. I was very impressed. This is a good choice for anyone who wishes to carry a 1911 style pistol and wants newer saftey features.

I know a little about everything and alot about nothing!