Author Topic: buffalo cody 30-30  (Read 931 times)

Offline ratdog

• Trade Count: (1)
buffalo cody 30-30
« on: November 20, 2011, 07:03:10 PM »
went to gun show here in utah looking for a buffalo bill cody winchester i looked real good found one on the second to last row my knee was hurting bad i have been wanting this gun for years ever since i seen my buddy's collection this . gun i am going to shoot the heck out of new unfired had  one spot on it that was tarnished took it home polished right up i have a few marlin lever's i haven't had a winchester.got some bullets to day tomorrow is loading day. any of you got one of these you shoot? :D

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trade Count: (47)
Re: buffalo cody 30-30
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 04:49:54 PM »
I believe Junior1942 has one.  Check out his website for the Frugal Outdoorsman (Google it), he has some good articles about "Bill".  Go to www.castbullet.com/shooting/shooting.htm, scroll down to "Cast Bullets in a .30-30 Winchester Model 94".

-WH-
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone

Offline ratdog

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 07:48:33 PM »
good read winter hawk thanks.

Offline ratdog

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 07:08:39 AM »
i went to the range yesterday this buffalo bill cody shoots real good for open sights and my old eyes. loaded up some 100 grn plinkers they shoot great. going to put buck horn rear sight on on it ordered one today i got one on my uberty rolling block 50 cal easy to line up. this winchester  was   real stiff to cycle i've oiled it good  and cycled it around 200 times it much easier now. this gun is a lot different than my 30-30 marlin.both are good guns. i have shot a lot of critters with 100 grn plinkers in my marlin i had years ago.going to try the 110 varmiters if i can get them i shoot a lot of paper no need for the heavy bullets. but have 150 grainer's in case i go hunting. ;D

Offline ratdog

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 08:59:16 PM »
got that rear sight i ordered the one that was on it was a bugger to get off and the new was as hard to get on. it is a marbles high buck horn i can really see this one great easy line up.you can get one from www.longhunt.com they have several different types.this gun was pretty tight when i got it had not been fired. oiled it and cycled it about 200 times. shot it around 60 times its easy to cycle now. :D