Author Topic: Congress  (Read 270 times)

Offline guzzijohn

• Trade Count: (0)
Congress
« on: November 22, 2011, 04:57:27 AM »
Was not sure if this is best posted here or in the humor section. Will try here:

The English language has some wonderfully anthropomorphic collective nouns for the various groups of animals. We are all familiar with a Herd of cows, a Flock of chickens, a School of fish and a Gaggle of geese.

However, less widely known is a Pride of lions, a Murder of crows (as well as their cousins the rooks and ravens), an Exaltation of doves and, presumably because they look so wise, a Parliament of owls.

Now consider a group of Baboons. They are the loudest, most dangerous, most obnoxious, most viciously aggressive and least intelligent of all primates.

And what is the proper collective noun for a group of baboons?

Believe it or not ....... a Congress!

I guess that pretty much explains things........

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Congress
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 05:03:10 AM »
That descriptive term is incontrovertible. ;)   :D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 09:53:59 AM »
There is a group of one that is even more dangerous, loud, obnoxious and less intelligen than the Congress and that would be what is known as the potus.
Swingem

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 11:39:27 AM »
There is a group of one that is even more dangerous, loud, obnoxious and less intelligen than the Congress and that would be what is known as the potus.

I just call him ocrapper.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto