Author Topic: Aren't Republicans supposed to be the ones wanting spending cuts??????  (Read 586 times)

Offline crustylicious

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
 :o :o Obama threatens veto on Republicans trying to water down deficit cuts  :o :o

Barack Obama stepped up pressure on Republicans to sign up to a deficit reduction deal on Monday, warning that he will deploy his presidential veto to prevent them blocking billions of dollars in automatic spending cuts that are now scheduled to start in 2013.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/nov/21/obama-threatens-veto-republicans-supercommittee
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
Re: Aren't Republicans supposed to be the ones wanting spending cuts??????
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 05:23:05 PM »
Spending cuts, yes. Gut the military and defense spending by as much as 800 billion, no!

"Truth be told, because entitlement spending has tripled while defense spending declined as a percentage of gross domestic product (GDP), entitlement spending (Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security) is now 10 percent of GDP, whereas defense spending is only 5 percent."

"If enacted, defense cuts discussed by the President and Senator Reid mean that our Armed Services will have to do a “major reassessment” of how they carry out their missions, as the Vice Chiefs and the Assistant Commandant acknowledged.The President should be frank with American people about the condition of our military and recognize the potentially disastrous consequences of his proposed cuts,” said Chiarelli.
http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/38971
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline Casull

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 05:56:08 PM »
I'm shocked that the truth was not as presented in the OP.   :o
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Mike38

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 08:05:04 PM »
Saddlebum, to be honest, Social Security is not an entitlement. Money is taken out of your pay and placed away in your name. When you retire, the money starts coming back to you.

Unemployment compensation also is not an entitlement. Your employer pays into it while you are employed. If you get laid off, the money starts coming back to you. Also, while under lay off, your previous employer pays half of the compensation. So if your unemployment checks are $400 per week, your previous employer is paying $200 per week while you are not even working for them. It's this way in Illinois anyhow.

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 09:21:07 PM »
I can't believe that I was typing out the last line in a long post about entitlements just to have it suddenly disappear.......GONE!

Screw it! I'm not typing all that out again! Most people know about the issues with entitlements anyway.
If not, I don't care.............(&^%%$# website)
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline LunaticFringeInc

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 11:38:17 PM »
I'm shocked that the truth was not as presented in the OP.   :o
Yeah but if you didnt cherry pick the info presented and convienently leave out a lot of the details that would shed things in a whole nother light then you wouldnt be able to have fun bashing Conservatives now would you?  Its a play straight out of the Liberal Handbook!

Offline magooch

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 03:52:02 AM »
The chief spokesman for ruining Social Security and Medicare is the obamanable one himself; he wants to continue the moratorium on collecting the "payroll tax", which is nothing more than an attempt to further bankrupt the program.  He can't get this done without at least some Republicans going along, so it might be prudent to call, or write your Congress critters.
Swingem

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 11:41:36 AM »
Chuck Woolery Tells You How Govt. Can Cut $1.5 Trillion Dollars. Something congress can't seem to do!
Watch the video and learn just how easy it is.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/former-gameshow-host-chuck-woolery-tells-you-how-govt-can-cut-1-5-trillion/

Online nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 12:38:24 PM »
Chuck Woolery Tells You How Govt. Can Cut $1.5 Trillion Dollars. Something congress can't seem to do!
Watch the video and learn just how easy it is.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/former-gameshow-host-chuck-woolery-tells-you-how-govt-can-cut-1-5-trillion/

LOL! I wondered what ever happened to Chuck! He's been a busy guy!..............Good one
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 01:05:45 PM »
I always did like his show. Sad part is, it's just common sense. Something this govt. seems to lack. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Casull

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 01:43:41 PM »
Thumbs up for Chuck.  I also enjoyed him as a game show host.  I would have enjoyed it even more if I had known he was a conservative (seeing as how there are so few of them in Hollywood).  If the public could only see or understand how much money is wasted, they would be outraged (at least those not collecting it).
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline snuffer#1

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 07:26:24 PM »
well, you know, he knows everything. I mean being a community organizer and all. >:( >:( >:(
Anything worth learning can't be taught in a classroom.

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 10:53:23 PM »
 The Republicans see that soooo many Dems(voters) just don't give a crap about how much the Democrats spend. So with the elections a coming. Maybe they have said screw it. Lets buy some votes like they do. What do ya think?

Lonny

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 12:18:16 AM »
The Republicans see that soooo many Dems(voters) just don't give a crap about how much the Democrats spend. So with the elections a coming. Maybe they have said screw it. Lets buy some votes like they do. What do ya think?

Lonny
I think the less affluent among you Republicans, i.e., 99% of you, need to clean out your spare bedrooms and learn how to change IVs and adult diapers.  Grandma's gonna need help when you vote to cut her Social Security and eliminate her Medicare.
There's alternatives.  For example, eliminate ALL government grants.  You recently gave a small town near me $2.5M for a new sewer system.  You recently gave Monroe, Louisiana, $10M to replace their water meters.  You recently gave New Orleans $63M to build a low income housing complex when the city is tearing down low income housing in need of repairs.  Why not reactivate the homestead act and give away those houses on condition of repairing them?  Can't do that because it makes too much sense?  A Republican congressman's brother-in-law is in the demolition business?  And I also say eliminate Pell Grants.  Can't do that because every college in the USA would scream bloody murder?  So what? Tell them to borrow their OWN Pell Grant money from China!  Look around at your own town, county or state.  Chinese money is building sewer systems all over America.

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2011, 12:57:55 AM »
 First off, getting real tired of your going to cut grannies SS. How about lets be real honest(ok a little even) The so called cuts you all(Dems) talk about. Are reductions in the increases. Simple example, instead of welfare checks going up $10 they will only go up $8. Not real hard to understand. But then that would make the Republicans not look so bad huh, can't have that. Think you need to be a little more honest about those add on grants and give aways. Not saying Republicans don't do, but I missed the part about all the freaking money Obumer gave away to companies just before they went out of buisness. Yeah that was pretty smart. ;)

Personally, I say cut all the grants. CUT not slide it under the table after elections. Stop sending money to towns and cities to repair what they should have done already!!! Tell them to figure it out. I pay the bogus gov taxes(like all WORKING people do) plus state, county, city taxes. I am tired of working to pay of other states and cities screw ups because of lack of oversight or ignorance. Need more stipulations on all the give away programs. To dang many people setting on their butts because they can make the same for not working. China will keep on pouring money in your state,city, country, Because everyone wants the hand outs and the Gov(Dems and Republicans) is out of control.

Lonny

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2011, 01:10:39 AM »
  Junior, do you really believe the republicans wast all that money by themselves. No way the republicans and the democrats have a contest every year to see who can wast the most money. The democrats normally win. Bush really tried to out do them, but Obama is the undisputed champion.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline andy1300

• Avid Poster
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2011, 03:30:44 AM »
These spending cuts are for us middle working class.
The less religion we have in our government, the better *