Author Topic: 243 Range Prep for Black Friday Hog Hunt !  (Read 563 times)

Offline Default_Required

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
243 Range Prep for Black Friday Hog Hunt !
« on: November 24, 2011, 07:19:09 AM »
So My brother is on his way from Kentucky to have Thanksgiving with the family, And had a great idea... Lets all go hog hunting, Talked to the outfit in Oklahoma that we have used in the past and sure enough we will have the run of the place for tomorrow.

Gathered together some rifles and went to the range, 243 Handi is spot on with the tested and proven Fed. Hot-Cor 100gr factory load and was just a little tighter grouped with the reduced 80 gr PSP win projectile load I worked up for my nephews deer hunting. Figure it will be used by my sister-in-law and maybe my brother should he not have any luck using the English long bow I made him a couple years ago for Christmas.
 The wife will more then likely be using my M10 308. I'm still undecided what I will use... Bow, Springfield 1911-A1 or one of the rifles , We'll see .

But some Handi success should be incoming ;)

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (268)
  • "Medics Save"
Re: 243 Range Prep for Black Friday Hog Hunt !
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 03:00:26 PM »
There's a whole 'lotta hogs here in OK. I hope you bring a truck to haul-in your ammo and haul-out your hogs. ;D

Good luck!

Thanks, Dinny
Handi Family: 357 Max, 45 LC, 45-70, 300 BLK, 50 cal Huntsman, and 348 Win.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
Thomas Paine

Offline Default_Required

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 03:47:23 PM »
Well back from Oklahoma, It was some hard hunting .. Just couldnt seem to get on them, But in the end while we did a soft drive our guide nailed a 140+ lb. porker... And then it started with in the next 2hrs my brother and his wife each put a pig on the ground. Wife jumped a group of 3 twice but no shot was present either time... And my shot at them came when our guide pushed three moving fast my way after hammering the first one, Sadly I had not thought to reduce my power from 10X from rechecking zero the day before , That mistake made getting a bead on 3 fast movers just a wee bit Hard hahaha ..

All and all a good trip that the wife and I are still sore from , Brother only took 4 shoulders home with him to Kentucky so that leaves me pork chop rich at the moment  ;D

Think me and the misses will try again after the first of the year with my nephew along for his second pig hunt, He'll be using his Handi youth 243 and the wife will be using the CVA Stalker 7mm08 I bought her today for Christmas ( they had it " cant walk away priced " haha )
 Dinny thanks for the luck , BTW I didnt know you were an Okkie  ;)

DR

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • "Medics Save"
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 03:59:19 PM »
Dinny thanks for the luck , BTW I didnt know you were an Okkie  ;)
  DR

I'm Not! Born in MI, grew-up in IL and lived in IN for several years. I like IN the best. ;)  Enjoy the pork chops!

Thanks, Dinny

Thomas Paine

Offline Default_Required

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 04:31:41 PM »
yup on second glance I see Ft. Sill.  Heh my bad

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • "Medics Save"
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 04:43:49 PM »
yup on second glance I see Ft. Sill.  Heh my bad

No blood = no foul. ;)   You can come and visit scenic Lawton/Ft.Sill anytime you like. Heck, I'd even trade with you for a few weeks.  ;D

Thanks, Dinny

Thomas Paine