Author Topic: Case Prep Station?  (Read 743 times)

Offline jays375

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Case Prep Station?
« on: November 24, 2011, 11:49:36 AM »
Well I am looking into getting a case prep station,actually for christmas.Which ones do you suggest?Only looked at the Lyman so far.So something in that price range also.

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
Re: Case Prep Station?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 03:42:34 AM »
I have the RCBS....saves allot of time.
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline Hafast

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 03:48:01 AM »
I have been using the one from RCBS for about 3 years and each time I use it I hurt my shoulder trying to pat myself on the back for making such a good purchase. 
I was not born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 11:35:09 AM »
I have the RCBS and it's a real time saver. I have to admit tho if I had the money to afford it I'd get the Hornady that combines the prep center with a power case trimmer. Lets you do all the case work with one machine. Since I have the RCBS and a Forster and RCBS case trimmers I just can't justify the price to myself.

If I were to sell my RCBS Power case trimmer I might could afford one and then if it worked as well as I'm sure it would my RCBS prep center then likely would also be sold. It's tempting but I just don't have the funds to swing it rat now.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 11:50:22 AM »
I use the RCBS Trim Mate with a modified Lee case length cutter, costs a lot less than the do-it-all machines, here's a video by VTDW on it.

Tim

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v354/vtdw1/RCBS%20Trim%20Mate/?action=view&current=HPIM0179.mp4

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=0004490375
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Uncle Harry

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 04:28:08 AM »
Been using my RCBS for maybe 12-14 years. Hadda replace a couple cutters and added the flash hole deburring tool & took off the handle & screwed it into one of the ports.  Very slick.
The machine seems indestructible.

Offline tdoor

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 05:01:37 AM »
I got one from RCBS a couple of years ago for Christmas and hated the thing gave it to my son and went back to doing case prep by hand one at a time

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 03:52:18 PM »
I've had the RCBS for probably 10 years now.  Without a doubt the best thing I bought for reloading.  I also watched the video and wondered, with all the wobble, how the case trimmer thing can trim the brass straight.  Maybe I am missing something.

Long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 04:19:38 PM »
I've had the RCBS for probably 10 years now.  Without a doubt the best thing I bought for reloading.  I also watched the video and wondered, with all the wobble, how the case trimmer thing can trim the brass straight.  Maybe I am missing something.

Long

Mine doesn't wobble as much as his, it's from not drilling the hole in the end of the cutter plumb, the wobble is between the case prep unit and the cutter handle, not the cutter and the case length guide, so it works just fine.  ;)

Tim

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain