Author Topic: The 99% to ELECT and CONVENE a Nat'l General Assembly  (Read 747 times)

TM7

The 99% to ELECT and CONVENE a Nat'l General Assembly
« on: November 28, 2011, 04:14:26 AM »
The 99% Declaration           
WHEREAS THE FIRST AMENDMENT TO THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION PROVIDES THAT:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

BE IT RESOLVED THAT:
WE, THE NINETY-NINE PERCENT OF THE PEOPLE of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, in order to form a more perfect Union, by, for and of the PEOPLE, shall elect and convene a NATIONAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY beginning on July 4, 2012 in the City Of Philadelphia.

I. Election of Delegates:
The People, consisting of all United States citizens who have reached the age of 18, regardless of party affiliation and voter registration status, shall elect Two Delegates, one male and one female, by direct vote, from each of the existing 435 Congressional Districts to represent the People at the NATIONAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY. The office of Delegate shall be open to all United States citizens who have reached the age of 18. No candidate for Delegate to the NATIONAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY will be permitted to run on a party line or use any party label while serving as a Delegate. Election Committees, elected or appointed by local General Assemblies or the Working Group on the 99% Declaration, shall organize, coordinate and transparently fund this election.  The voting process shall be free from the corrupting influence of corporate money and all funds raised shall be used for the purpose of funding the election and providing a venue for the Delegates to meet

July 4, 2012, Read on here:      http://occupyphilly.org/99declaration/

....TM7

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
Re: The 99% to ELECT and CONVENE a Nat'l General Assembly
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 05:13:23 AM »
lost me at #6. 1-5 may be good ideas but the rest is typical "you owe me" B.S.

Do they actually believe that a single payor healthcare system run by the government would be free of the corruption and greed that they are supposedly rallying against?
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline lakota

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 08:50:18 AM »
Are you serious?

Offline Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 10:14:50 AM »
I still can't decide if it's comical or arrogant that this tiny minority of the non-productive proclaims itself the "99%".  Sheeesh.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline lakota

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 11:03:56 AM »
So you really believe that more government involvement in healthcare would make the system "better"?

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 01:36:09 PM »
  It can't work. It's unconstitutional. Our problems come from erosion of the constitution.

Some very unpopular demands. #6 single payer system. #7 protect the planet from carbon. We have real environmental problems, carbon is not one of them. #11 pass the dream act. #21 repeal the defense of marriage act. At least 80% of Americans are against these things.

Looks like another attempt to hijack the movement.

What we need to do is hold the congress we have accountable. Most Americans have no idea what they are doing to us.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline Casull

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 02:09:57 PM »
BTW, I don't see anybody anywhere claiming they want a HC system just like America's.

They may not claim it, but there are plenty who come here for the treatment.    :o
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline magooch

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 05:08:53 PM »
Exactly where is the model for this single-payer hc system that delivers a product superior to what is available in the United States?  The only system that will ever work is the all-payer system.  That is where everyone who wants care, pays--even if all they can afford is a couple of bucks a week for the rest of their life.

The one thing that would make our system better is to repeal the law that requires hospitals to care for anyone who makes it through their doors.  I belong to a private HMO and from what I see, you don't get past the desk without a membership card.  They don't seem to have a hundred and fifty Mexicans in their waiting room on Friday and Saturday nights like the non-member hospitals have.
Swingem

Offline lakota

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 05:29:19 AM »
And these slugs also want student loan forgiveness. No one forces you to take out a student loan. Instead of whining about student loans how about demanding that the organized crime sydicates otherwise known as colleges cut the crap from degree requirements and also cut thier exhorbitant tuition rates?

If they would cut crap like 6 different algebra requirements that you will never use in the real world, the philosophies and the socialologies that have no practical applications in the real world then guess what? YOU WOULDNT HAVE TO PAY AS MUCH MONEY BACK ON YOUR STUDENT LOANS!!!.

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 06:56:29 AM »
A group who can't figure percentages is going to have a national convention? I'm not in the 1%, but I'm a long ways from the so called 99%. I would guess that 9% is alot closer to the real figure 'cause they dang sure don't represent me.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 07:04:34 AM »
Are you serious?
According to the data,,,yes, I'm serious as a heart attack///\\\

...TM7

Really ? can't think of a thing where govt. involvment reduced cost. As for HC as it is , much of the cost is meeting GOVT. rules , requirements and regulations. So as it is the fox is outside the hen house causing trouble and you want to let it in . When its finished only chicken manure will be left.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline lakota

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 10:15:01 AM »
Ok I am giving up on healthcare since so many of the "99%" fail to see how the government destroys everything it runs. Do you want a healthcare system that resembles the post office?

So now how about a member of the "99%" address my grievances with the colleges and universities rather than the ones who give out student loans? I have brought this problem up before and none of these brain dead drones will touch it. The root causes of the "student loan crisis" are colleges and universities themselves NOT Wall Street or bankers or the "Corptocracy"

And these slugs also want student loan forgiveness. No one forces you to take out a student loan. Instead of whining about student loans how about demanding that the organized crime sydicates otherwise known as colleges cut the crap from degree requirements and also cut thier exhorbitant tuition rates?

If they would cut crap like 6 different algebra requirements that you will never use in the real world, the philosophies and the socialologies that have no practical applications in the real world then guess what? YOU WOULDNT HAVE TO PAY AS MUCH MONEY BACK ON YOUR STUDENT LOANS!!!.