Author Topic: Butt plate screws  (Read 219 times)

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Butt plate screws
« on: November 28, 2011, 06:42:18 PM »
I checked the FAQ's and couldn't find the answer.  Does anyone know the exact size screws needed to replace the ones holding the butt plate/pad. I need two. 
Can I purchase them locally, like in an Ace hardware store, instead of through the factory or Gun Parts Corp.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: Butt plate screws
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 11:35:50 PM »
Defineately YES you can!!

If memory serves I am going to say #8 1 1/4". But its far from critical!!

Altho if you have a hard plastic plate, where the screw heads are visible. The rounded shape of a "gun" wood screw is only avalible at places like Brownells.

Good luck,
 CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Re: Butt plate screws
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 04:18:30 PM »
Thanks CW, I'll give the local True Value or Ace Hardware a shot.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.