Author Topic: A15 Scope?  (Read 938 times)

Offline necred

• Trade Count: (0)
A15 Scope?
« on: December 04, 2011, 08:47:22 AM »
Id like to get yalls opinion on a scope for my AR. (flatop) Im thinking i want a 1x?x40, multipower or matching swing out magnifier. I did look at Vortex at BP but was disappointed it was single power and they dont have a magnifier for it.  Any suggestions, oh yeah no more than $300. Im hoping Christmas sales will give me a more expensive scope for around 3bills.
thanx
I am a Southerner, if i were born in the north, east or west id be just another human being!

Offline simplicity

• A Real Regular
Re: A15 Scope?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 09:36:03 AM »
Take a look at the primary arms website. I haven't heard any bad things aboutt heir red dots or magnifiers. They have alot of deals where you buy a red dot and get a magnifiers and mount free.  run a EXPS2-2 eotech with a vortex magnifier with the vortex swing mount. Also a website called tactical4less.com has a 2-5x magnifier but I can't vouche for the quality or durability of it.

Offline necred

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 02:10:38 PM »
Thank you...ill take a look..
I am a Southerner, if i were born in the north, east or west id be just another human being!

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 12:58:02 AM »
only thing i can think of that fits your criteria is the millet 1x4x30 illuminated reticle scope. Ive never used one but alot of guys that have think there great scopes for the money.
blue lives matter

Offline Tikker

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 11:09:07 PM »
Check out the Falcon Menace 1.5-5x30. It comes with a illuminated reticle that has mildot hash marks, with the ability to choose red or green. If you check out SWFA.com they'll have a picture of it. Also a thing of note is that its adjustable by 1/10 MIL instead of a 1/4".

I've been throwing around the idea of putting it on my Tikka .338Fed for a quick handling rifle. With the reticle i can use it for any longer shots needed as long as i know the bullet drop at the distance.

Offline necred

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 12:44:40 AM »
Thanx for input, im leaning towards Vortex stirke fire & magnifier.....

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 02:01:27 AM »
Just looked at a burris E2 2x7.  Kinda nice...I go through this, what do I put on my AR exercise almost daily.  I also like the Leupi VX-R 2x7.  Currently I have a Bushnell Trophy MP Red Dot.
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 04:11:37 AM »
strikefires are a great bang for you buck.
Thanx for input, im leaning towards Vortex stirke fire & magnifier.....
blue lives matter