Author Topic: Perry says he'll end obamas war on religion.  (Read 1180 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Perry says he'll end obamas war on religion.
« on: December 07, 2011, 04:33:55 PM »
Rick Perry’s New Campaign Promise: ‘I’ll End Obama‘s War on Religion’ Has President Barack Obama declared an open war on religion? While some would say with certainty that he has, others would openly defend the president’s purported personal faith and devotion to the Almighty.
  But GOP presidential candidate Rick Perry, for one, believes that Obama has been less-than-friendly to people of faith in America.
In fact, in a new campaign advertisement running in Iowa, Perry takes some hard jabs at the president’s faith record, while attempting to rally evangelicals. The 30-second spot starts with Perry saying, “I‘m not ashamed to admit that I’m a Christian.”
The texas governor continues, saying, “But you don‘t need to be in the pew every Sunday to know that there’s something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military, but our kids can’t openly celebrate Christmas and pray in school.”
Perry’s message is particularly timely, as it addresses the War on Christmas, which many see as a pervasive problem in American society. School prayer, another important issue for some religious voters, was also included in his pitch to Iowan voters. ”Faith made America strong. It can make her strong again,” Perry concludes.
Watch the ad, below:

This theme follows closely with what many pundits and religious leaders have been saying. For example, Rep. Chris Smith (R-N.J.) recently said, “The Obama adminstration’s bias against Catholics is an affront to religious freedom and a threat to all people.” Listen to these words, below:
  But while many view Obama’s policies as anti-religion and anti-Catholic in particular, lately the president has been speaking more openly about his faith. During the White House’s recent tree-lighting ceremony, he made some overtly Christ-filled statements:

“More than 2,000 years ago, a child was born to two faithful travelers who could find rest only in a stable, among the cattle and the sheep.  But this was not just any child.  Christ’s birth made the angels rejoice and attracted shepherds and kings from afar.”
Regardless of what Obama claims he believes, many, like Perry, would consider his words vapid and a symptom of the 2012 campaign season. What do you think? Let us know in the comments section.
(H/T: Politico)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline powderman

Re: Perry says he'll end obamas war on religion.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 05:30:23 PM »
Imam obamas war is only against Christians and Jews. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 06:17:52 PM »
Perry - dingbat, and bit of a demagogue, sounds like... .
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 07:54:00 PM »
I wish I could get behind Perry on other issues as much as I can this one.
But that ain't happening..............

All of the candidates are only good for two or three issues each, in my opinion. Makes it hard to choose what I want to vote for since I would have to give up on other important issues with any of them.
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 12:01:12 AM »

All of the candidates are only good for two or three issues each, in my opinion. Makes it hard to choose what I want to vote for since I would have to give up on other important issues with any of them.

In the end you just have to pick the one that you feel serves your intrests best.  I've said before, Jesus isn't running in this election and i'm almost certain if he was this country wouldn't elect him.  Members of the GOP included.

So far RP is who I'm pulling for.  He seems to be the most ethical and consistant candidate to date.  Plus he has a sign on his desk that reads "Don't steal!  The government hates competition."  Along with living by the constitution, cutting Trillions of $ from spending, Not being wrapped in scandal ect ect...

If there so happens that another candidate drops into the running that has a better stance for getting our country back on track then I will gladly align myself with them and give them my support.  Until then I have to stick w/ Paul.

I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline powderman

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 04:26:04 AM »

AGREED Sir. Other than defense, RP is still my 1st choice. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 05:11:39 AM »
AGREED Sir. Other than defense, RP is still my 1st choice. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Why not Ron Paul on defense? He's perfectly willing to be CiC, and would defend America. Now, I think he might pull back from the Pax Americana bit, and he doesn't worship militarism - even though a former AF officer, just as I'm former navy - but he'd be fine of defense.

defense in political contexts is usually meaningless. But hey, I did Ronnie Raygun's commercial with the bear... I remember it!
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 05:23:15 AM »
A noble sentiment...apparently promulgated to make up for his open sympathy for illegal aliens.

A little confused though. I think Perry is very insidious and dishonest. 

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 12:47:55 PM »
Ricardo Perry es mi amigo.

Sinceramente,
Los inmigrantes ilegales
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline andy1300

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 05:04:32 PM »
Its just another attempt by the far right to start another religious war, its what they live for.
Their need to the most holy of the bunch *
The less religion we have in our government, the better *

Offline andy1300

• Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 05:10:45 PM »
Thats to be the most holy of the bunch, Thanks

Offline powderman

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 05:13:42 PM »
Thats to be the most holy of the bunch, Thanks

andy. If you make a mistake all you have to do is click on EDIT on your post and then you can change it, then hit save. POWDERMAN.  :D :D

Offline andy1300

• Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 12:41:01 PM »
Democracy is what made our county strong not christianity, our founding fathers understood the importance of the separation between church and state and we need to go back to that if we want our government to work for all of us and the world now.

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 12:54:07 PM »
Democracy is what made our county strong not christianity, our founding fathers understood the importance of the separation between church and state and we need to go back to that if we want our government to work for all of us and the world now.

Of the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence, nearly half (24) held seminary or Bible school degrees.

George Washington
1st U.S. President
"While we are zealously performing the duties of good citizens and soldiers, we certainly ought not to be inattentive to the higher duties of religion. To the distinguished character of Patriot, it should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of Christian."
--The Writings of Washington, pp. 342-343.

"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and Bible."

“The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained”

“What students would learn in American schools above all is the religion of Jesus Christ.”

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors."

John Adams
2nd U.S. President and Signer of the Declaration of Independence
"Suppose a nation in some distant Region should take the Bible for their only law Book, and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited! Every member would be obliged in conscience, to temperance, frugality, and industry; to justice, kindness, and charity towards his fellow men; and to piety, love, and reverence toward Almighty God ... What a Eutopia, what a Paradise would this region be."
--Diary and Autobiography of John Adams, Vol. III, p. 9.

"Our Constitution was made for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for the governance of any others."
John Adams.

"The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever."
--Adams wrote this in a letter to his wife, Abigail, on July 3, 1776.

"The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity. I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God."
--Adams wrote this on June 28, 1813, in a letter to Thomas Jefferson.

"We have staked the whole future of the American civilization, not upon the power of the government (but) upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."
James Madison.

“The Hebrews have done more to civilize men than any other nation. If I were an atheist, and believed blind eternal fate, I should still believe that fate had ordained the Jews to be the most essential instrument for civilizing the nations.”
John Adams

Thomas Jefferson
3rd U.S. President, Drafter and Signer of the Declaration of Independence
"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever; That a revolution of the wheel of fortune, a change of situation, is among possible events; that it may become probable by Supernatural influence! The Almighty has no attribute which can take side with us in that event."
--Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XVIII, p. 237.

Addressed to William Canby in 1813
"Of all systems of morality, ancient or modern, which have come under my observation, none appear to be so pure as that of Jesus." 

"Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever."

"The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

"I hold the precepts of Jesus as delivered by Himself, to be the most pure, benevolent and sublime which have ever been preached to man..."

"To the corruptions of Christianity I am indeed opposed; but not to the genuine precepts of Jesus himself. I am a Christian, in the only sense he wished any one to be; sincerely attached to his doctrines, in the preference to all others."

From Jefferson's Last Will and Testament
"I am a real Christian – that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ."
--The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, p. 385.

John Hancock
1st Signer of the Declaration of Independence
"Resistance to tyranny becomes the Christian and social duty of each individual. ... Continue steadfast and, with a proper sense of your dependence on God, nobly defend those rights which heaven gave, and no man ought to take from us."
--History of the United States of America, Vol. II, p. 229.

Patrick Henry
Ratifier of the U.S. Constitution
It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here."
--The Trumpet Voice of Freedom: Patrick Henry of Virginia, p. iii.

"The Bible ... is a book worth more than all the other books that were ever printed."
--Sketches of the Life and Character of Patrick Henry, p. 402.

Alexander Hamilton
Signer of the Declaration of Independence and Ratifier of the U.S. Constitution
"I have carefully examined the evidences of the Christian religion, and if I was sitting as a juror upon its authenticity I would unhesitatingly give my verdict in its favor. I can prove its truth as clearly as any proposition ever submitted to the mind of man."
--Famous American Statesmen, p. 126.

Benjamin Franklin
Signer of the Declaration of Independence and Unites States Constitution
"Here is my Creed. I believe in one God, the Creator of the Universe. That He governs it by His Providence. That He ought to be worshipped. That the most acceptable service we render to him is in doing good to his other children. That the soul of man is immortal, and will be treated with justice in another life respecting its conduct in this. These I take to be the fundamental points in all sound religion, and I regard them as you do in whatever sect I meet with them.As to Jesus of Nazareth, my opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the system of morals and his religion, as he left them to us, is the best the world ever saw, or is likely to see.

Samuel Adams
Signer of the Declaration of Independence and Father of the American Revolution
"And as it is our duty to extend our wishes to the happiness of the great family of man, I conceive that we cannot better express ourselves than by humbly supplicating the Supreme Ruler of the world that the rod of tyrants may be broken to pieces, and the oppressed made free again; that wars may cease in all the earth, and that the confusions that are and have been among nations may be overruled by promoting and speedily bringing on that holy and happy period when the kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ may be everywhere established, and all people everywhere willingly bow to the sceptre of Him who is Prince of Peace."
--As Governor of Massachusetts, Proclamation of a Day of Fast, March 20, 1797.

James Madison
4th U.S. President
"Cursed be all that learning that is contrary to the cross of Christ."
--America's Providential History, p. 93.

Separation of Church and State - The Metaphor and the Constitution
"Separation of church and state" is a common metaphor that is well recognized. Equally well recognized is the metaphorical meaning of the church staying out of the state's business and the state staying out of the church's business. Because of the very common usage of the "separation of church and state phrase," most people incorrectly think the phrase is in the constitution. The phrase "wall of separation between the church and the state" was originally coined by Thomas Jefferson in a letter to the Danbury Baptists on January 1, 1802. His purpose in this letter was to assuage the fears of the Danbury, Connecticut Baptists, and so he told them that this wall had been erected to protect them. The metaphor was used exclusively to keep the state out of the church's business, not to keep the church out of the state's business.

The constitution states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." Both the free exercise clause and the establishment clause place restrictions on the government concerning laws they pass or interfering with religion. No restrictions are placed on religions except perhaps that a religious denomination cannot become the state religion.

However, currently the implied common meaning and the use of the metaphor is strictly for the church staying out of the state's business. The opposite meaning essentially cannot be found in the media, the judiciary, or in public debate and is not any part of the agenda of the ACLU or the judiciary.

This, in conjunction with several other factors, makes the "separation of church and state" metaphor an icon for eliminating anything having to do with Christian theism, the religion of our heritage, in the public arena. One of these factors is the use of the metaphor in place of the actual words of the constitution in discourse and debate. This allows the true meaning of the words in the constitution to be effectively changed to the implied meaning of the metaphor and the effect of the "free exercise" clause to be obviated. Another factor facilitating the icon to censor all forms of Christian theism in the public arena is a complete misunderstanding of the "establishment" clause in the Constitution.
Continued on the link below.
http://www.allabouthistory.org/separation-of-church-and-state.htm

"An education recieved from watching TV, is really no education at all."
SaddleBum, Dec. 9, 2011       ;D

" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline powderman

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 02:36:15 PM »
andy. Seperation of Church and state is a liberal dream, nothing in the constitution about it. Christian men founded our nation, and with Gods help made us strong. liberals, and a falling away from God  is what is destroying us. Faith in God, high moral standards, and family values are what liberals fear the most. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline andy1300

• Avid Poster
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 04:38:21 PM »
Your religious wars is what brings our county down, always thinking your better then someone else.
Just like when Bush was in office.

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 05:10:07 PM »
Your religious wars is what brings our county down, always thinking your better then someone else.
Just like when Bush was in office.

I guess I successfully deflected your first arguement, since your going to this one.

So could you enlighten me as to which "religious wars" you are talking about? Ones rooted in a religious 'feud', one religion against another? I must have missed the "religious war" that Bush started. I remember the stupid one he started in Iraq that stopped Saddam's regime from mass murdering anymore of his own countrymen. Although I do not agree with that war, Bush did save untold numbers of innocent Muslim lives. Built schools and trained their security troops and financial aid to Muslims.
 Don't remember seeing a Christian banner flying in that war.

Afganistan and Pakistan are in retaliation to 9/11 and terrorist activity that threatens the U.S. There are Muslim/American soldiers fighting with us in that war. We have given them billions of dollars. We kill the terrorists that kill and enslave their Muslim citizens. So that can't be a religious war.

Obama did give aid to Muslim radicals in Libya that are now targeting and killing Christians. And they are threatening to wipe out Jews in Israel. Is that what you are refering to?

Offline powderman

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 07:49:10 PM »
Obama did give aid to Muslim radicals in Libya that are now targeting and killing Christians. And they are threatening to wipe out Jews in Israel. Is that what you are refering to?

SADDLEBUM. Good post Sir.
andy. I'm no better than anybody here or anywhere. What has brought America down is liberals convincing folks to turn their backs on God and destroying morals and family values. Heard a dem a few years ago who just lost his election, he said, how were we to know that morality and family values meant so much?? That is what liberals and dems do. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline andy1300

• Avid Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 11:34:40 AM »
Your values are , is to kill the people that don't have your values. I don't need your values and neither does our country.

Offline powderman

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2011, 02:28:48 PM »
Your values are , is to kill the people that don't have your values. I don't need your values and neither does our country.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but then again, I never am. Are you talking about Christian values vs muslims?? Are  you talking about political values like pro life like me and pro death like the dems?? What country is OUR country?? Mine is the United States  of America. Yours is?? Tell me about your values, I'll tell you about mine. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 08:19:17 AM »
Rick Perry’s New Campaign Promise: ‘I’ll End Obama‘s War on Religion’

Yeah? I can beat that: I'll end Alien Abduction, and Ground Shrinkage... they're both as real as Perry's fantasy. Who'll vote me King?

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 09:51:21 AM »
Somebody take a nap on January 18, 2012 and just now wake up?........ :o

Offline Casull

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2012, 10:27:26 AM »
LOL.

we are to kill Palestinians (many being Christ's decendants)

Now, I'm no expert on religion, but I don't believe Christ has any "decendants" (sic), at least not in the common use of that term.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline powderman

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2012, 03:08:17 PM »
LOL.

we are to kill Palestinians (many being Christ's decendants)

Now, I'm no expert on religion, but I don't believe Christ has any "decendants" (sic), at least not in the common use of that term.

CASULL. Right you are Sir, no children, no descendants. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2012, 03:14:21 PM »
yeah and his birthday is 12/25...  ::) some know everything... :o
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline powderman

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 05:33:51 PM »
MATT. Only God knows the real date of Jesus birth. Dec 25 is simply the day that Christians worldwide have set aside to honor and praise him. I don't believe the actual date is as important as setting aside a day just for the purpose of celebrating the birth of Christ. There is nothing in the Bible to even hint that Jesus ever married or had children, therefore he has no descendants. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2012, 03:06:27 AM »
My days from law school seem to remind me that one can have both linear and collateral descendants.  If you have no children when you die I seem to remember that your property would then go back to your brothers and sisters, and then their kids who are your collateral descendants. 

Of course I could be wrong, it's been a long time...

Offline Casull

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2012, 04:51:26 AM »
Of course everyone is familiar with the laws of descent and distribution.  Next time, I should indicate that I was referring to the "common use of that term".     ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!