Author Topic: My Daughter's First Deer  (Read 735 times)

Offline CV66Slim

• Trade Count: (1)
My Daughter's First Deer
« on: December 10, 2011, 05:43:37 PM »
My 12 year old shot her first deer today. She was determined to get a nice buck and she passed up dozens of deer until the right one showed up this evening. She shot it with a borrowed .243 built years ago by a friend. We were sitting in a bean field next to two small tries and the buck walked with 35 yards before she pulled the trigger. We are both new to hunting and we've had some amazing experiences together over the last year, during the last week and today. One of these days I hope to get my first buck.

Offline yooper77

• Trade Count: (33)
Re: My Daughter's First Deer
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 09:39:23 PM »
Awesome hunter, awesome dad and awesome deer!

yooper77

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 10:32:05 PM »
Very cool! Congrats to you both. Good for her for holding out.

My first deer, I was not going to pass up anything. My daughters first was a nice buck as well.

I am sure your daughter will have fun tormenting all the boys as well, with that picture. ;)

Lonny

Offline CV66Slim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 03:23:53 AM »

We've had so many amazing experiences while hunting together. At this same farm last week we had ten deer in sight, eight within thirty yards and one within ten yards. Last season she failed to shoot a deer, but it all led to more craziness, like the two deer that came from behind us and jumped her legs.

Here is the crazy part regarding the deer she shot. A friend was asking if I had captured him on my trail cam, and come to find out, I had. I called him the "taunting buck".

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 03:48:28 AM »
Congrats to your girl. Looks like holding out worked well this time.  ;)

Good on you for getting her involved. Looks like you have a hunting partner.  :D
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member