Author Topic: Saber tooth bullets for Whisper Callibers  (Read 665 times)

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
Saber tooth bullets for Whisper Callibers
« on: January 15, 2004, 03:38:20 PM »
The idea of the whisper is to drive a huge bullet (often of very good ballistic design) at sub-sonic velocities.

The idea of the saber tooth seems to be for vigorous effect on impact.

SO, is anyone doing the combination?  There are many Whisper calibers and several folks around here that are experimenting with them at LONG ranges too.
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Bandito

• Trade Count: (0)
Haven't seen
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 10:09:13 AM »
I haven't seen any for sale but it sounds like a good device to try for performance. Thought about it or a heavy for caliber .44 bullet with deeeeeeeeep hollow point in a low sound signature load. With the right powder and long enough barrel.......listen to the firing pin strike.  Not to take over here but is that a cat launcher or a cat's sneeze device in Cat Whisperer's picture???  Thanks Bandito

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2004, 10:22:36 AM »
On a similar note, we've got a thread going ( http://www.accuratereloading.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=544840&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=21&fpart=1 ) on Rhinelanderarms .45acp conversion for Mausers - to modify it for HEAVY bullets - low noise signature and huge impact.  That also is an application of the sabertooth touch on the bullet nose.
Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2004, 04:02:27 PM »
Bandito - Good question - I'd say it's closer to a cat sneeze device or hair ball thrower.  (It is a mortar made of 4140 steel, 4.55" bore diameter, industrial hard chrome plated & throws 7.5 pound cement filled sections of 4"pvc pipe to about 350 meters).  Tube and trunion weigh 103 lbs.
Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired

Offline Bandito

• Trade Count: (0)
Hairball thrower???????
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2004, 03:26:45 AM »
Almost fell out of my chair on that one. We used to shoot mortars at our BP matches in the 70's. I left that bunch because we had too many running the show for the notoriety. I just like to shoot. Don't give a hoot if I win the damn match. Those who are serious can go to regionals and nationals if they want. Just let me smell that wonderful white smoke in the morning! Let me wear my buckskins and learn to knap my flint in peace. I don't care how wonderful some of those people are. CW I think we should shoot together some day in the mountains after the elusive whitetail with flintlocks. Maybe even try to line one up with a mortar off the back porch! Yeeeee haaaaawwwwwww. I think I smell the smoke now. OOPS Got to get the bacon off the heat. Later. Gotta run. Bandito  8)