Author Topic: some counseling needed  (Read 637 times)

Offline Ihateflyers

• Trade Count: (0)
some counseling needed
« on: December 12, 2011, 04:06:28 PM »
  it started two years ago with one little .17 hmr, now i've sold my remington 788, 22-250 to switch to a handi,
it has not been shipped yet and I'm having cravings for a 357 max barrel to go with the ruger srm, and what about a hornet??   anyone know of a cure ?? he he   Richard :-\ ;D

Offline srussell

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
Re: some counseling needed
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 04:19:14 PM »
really no cure. but you can ease the pain by buying a new handi about every 3/4 months ;D

Offline Ihateflyers

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 04:23:41 PM »
   thanks scrussel, guess I"ll have to squirrel 50 a month away in a secret acct ha ha

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trade Count: (47)
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 04:28:07 PM »
At the same time, you're going to miss that 788!

-WH-
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone

Offline Ihateflyers

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 05:41:02 PM »
   Winterhawk, I know I know, just keep tellin myself the Handi will be more portable and quicker to bring to bear
 same cal so got lots of ammo, hopefully can get the same accuracy, love the .17 for being quick to unlimber, shoots well with 20gr xtp's though they are a bit expensive up here, $14/50  reload the 22-250's   R W

Offline yukondog

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (43)
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 06:26:52 PM »
There is no cure, just more handi's.
an unloaded wepon is equal to the same mass and volume as a rock.

Offline thejanitor

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (59)
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 06:37:53 PM »
Welcome-If you hit the back button twice, scroll down about 5 or 6 topics to the H&R classified section there are many good cousenlors waiting to help you through this crisis ( the people they have already helped posted feedback about how good of helpers they are...). Keep in mind they are just like you and only selling barrels and stocks and whatnot to fuel the next H&R project  ;)  But there are many there to help, this is just the waiting room. Oh and by the way the line starts WAAAAAAAAY back there, better pick a number. But don't worry the time passes quickly around this group.
thejanitor

Offline ratdog

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 07:29:23 PM »
the only cure is suicide ;D

Offline Ihateflyers

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 08:53:18 PM »
  Ratdog, no to that and no to sellin the 760,06 to feed this thing you got to take a stand somewhere..
hmm a 45-70 is intriuging though ::)

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 12:45:52 PM »
ifin ya gunna bea full fledged handiholic, you gotta hava 45/70...........
even if ya done got  many others. they will slowly dissapear once ya feel tha rush !!!
its gunna happen sooner or later, better sooner cuz fun and pleasure isa wait'n.
good luck and welcome to your new addiction 8) ;D ;) ......and there ain't no cure :o

sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline watkibe

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 02:19:30 PM »
Selling a 788 is a mortal sin ! I had a 223 and two 308s. In a marriage/health financial meltdown I sold the 223 and the 308 with the longer barrel, and have suffered everyday since. I did replace the 223 with a Handi; yes, it's handi-er, but it's not the same...

Offline hunt-m-up

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (27)
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 06:15:41 PM »
You did what?  :o :o :'(  I could see where a guy could get addicted to the Handis, but sacrificing a 788 in 22-250?
Enjoy the Handi addiction, but I agree you have to try one of the bigger bores, had a .444 and loved it...well, I loved shooting it standing or kneeling.
Crosman Slingshot, Daisy Red Ryder, dull butter knife

Offline ratdog

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 10:12:09 PM »
just kidding on the suicide thing read this forum it helps a lot with being bored but made me buy more handy's there are many things a lot harder on your body and mind that is what i tell my wife .she never asks how many guns i have and i don't bug her about how much chocolate she eats. ;D

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 05:47:12 AM »
Welcome-If you hit the back button twice, scroll down about 5 or 6 topics to the H&R classified section there are many good cousenlors waiting to help you through this crisis ( the people they have already helped posted feedback about how good of helpers they are...). Keep in mind they are just like you and only selling barrels and stocks and whatnot to fuel the next H&R project  ;)  But there are many there to help, this is just the waiting room. Oh and by the way the line starts WAAAAAAAAY back there, better pick a number. But don't worry the time passes quickly around this group.
thejanitor
I agree with thejanitor, there are many counselors available, their all located in the H&R classifieds.  How about that, a site with it's own in house counselors.  ;) ;D

BTW, you sold your Rem 788?  You must need counseling really bad, quick go to the classifieds.

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 12:29:08 PM »
is there somethin really special bout tha 788 ??
i hava few them rifleguns in various bore sizes....... ;)
only thing i know bout them is i've only seen 2 other in 44mag than mine.

sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.