Author Topic: Are the Bushnell Legens gone??  (Read 595 times)

Offline Jeffery8mm

• Trade Count: (59)
  • A Real Regular
Are the Bushnell Legens gone??
« on: December 20, 2011, 04:00:03 AM »
I was looking at the Bushnell website, and cant seem to find my beloved Legen series riflescopes.  Are they discontinued??  I have had gereat luck with them.  Nice optics for a budget minded man with kids that like to eat. Whacko.  The optics fund wont allow for HIGHER end stuff.  I actually bought a legend over a nikon buckmaster last year, because according to each website, the Bushy had fully multicoated  glass where the nikon is multicoated.
Can some of you shed light on where the Legends are??
Thanks
Jeff
With proper care and maintenance the human body will last a lifetime! :)

Offline PowPow

• Trade Count: (16)
Re: Are the Bushnell Legens gone??
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 04:08:19 AM »
Think its been a couple of years since they discontinued the Legend series.
There were some on close out at different places, but that was a while ago.
I liked the one I had.
The difference between people who do stuff and people who don't do stuff is that the people who do stuff do stuff.

Offline Huffmanite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 03:41:27 AM »
Yep, PowPow is correct.  You can find a couple of 3-9 model Legend scopes still available at www.natchezss.com    Just type in Legend in search box, you'll find them.

Offline JimFromTN

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 04:21:27 AM »
I believe the Legend was replaced by the Trophy XT.  If you look at the specs of the Legend vs the new Trophy XT, they are virtually identical.  You can probably pick up a Legend NIB on ebay fairly cheaply.

Offline 2ndtimer

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 05:38:56 PM »
If you are looking for a decent bargain scope, check out the Bushnell Trophy at Natchez Shooters Supply.  I just received on of these today, and have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the brightness and clarity of the optics.  Also the eye relief was a pleasant surprise.  My oldest son mounted it on his Savage .17HMR this afternoon and we plan on wringing it out this weekend to see how it performs.
http://www.natchezss.com/Optics.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=BH&prodID=BH733948B&prodTitle=Bushnell Trophy 3-9x40 Riflescope DOA 600 Reticle Matte
I think it is a pretty good bargain for about $87 shipped.  FYI, it is stamped Korea, but so is my wife's 08 Kia Optima, and it is a pretty nice piece of equipment, too.