Author Topic: 10x10 Reloading Room EDIT Pictures  (Read 2412 times)

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: 10x10 Reloading Room EDIT Pictures
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2011, 11:57:29 PM »
I happen to have a friend that is going to help me move the two lights that have to be moved for the walls and we will add another. The wiring is way outta my league

As stated, Task lighting and extra pligs will be very much appreciated for sure!!

Electricity is not difficult. When you start you simply need to pay attention. Only wire dead circuits. New wiring is the easiest as you choose where and how to run the wire. Outlets and lighting with a single switch is about as basic as it goes. 14/2 wire is what you need, romex is likely fine.
I assume that AC is 115v? Nothing of 220v or more required?
 I haven't looked but about guarantee you can find informative videos on line. The part to "worry" is the connections at the box. I would want new circuits, so be sure you have room in the box. Some manufacturers make slim breakers to slip two into a space of one if its a 15amp circuit. (That what 90+% are in a home.)
Someone "in the know" there to do that part will relieve some worries...

BTW, The room looks GREAT so far!!!

Good luck,
 CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline fatercat

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2011, 03:47:24 AM »
seal the floor against mosture. get a high back office chair that reclines. looks great

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2011, 11:34:51 AM »
BKS

Looks real good so far , a few things to think about . Once you have all the walls done , give everything a good coat of light colored paint ( walls & floor ) before you start to move things in , its a royal pain to do once you have stuff all over the place .

Second , Shelves , shelves and more shelves , storage is always an issue so its better to plan for about twice what you think you will need , use some tall skinny ones that sit on the floor for the heavy stuff like bullets and wider ones that hang on the walls for the assorted tools that you will need ( dies , loading trays , primer tools , case lubes , ect . )

And lastly , think about anchoring the loading bench to the wall , makes a real mess when you try to bear down on a case and dump the whole bench over on the floor -- TRUST ME on this one -- I'll never make that mistake again !  ;) :o

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline BKS

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2012, 07:05:21 AM »
 I copy on the painting the walls, ceiling, and floor. The stuff in the rom isn't bolted in yet. Now that the holidays are over, I can get back to work on it.  :D

Offline savage308

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2012, 03:44:05 AM »
i started reloading in 1972 when i got my first weatherby 270 magnum and had a lee press mounted on a small table in my den. i have progressed over the years to a 8 x 12 storage room that i put a steel door on with adjustable shelves from floor to ceiling on every wall that i use to hold my guns and alot of lighter supplies. my cast bullts and supplies are kept on the floor under the shelves in used plastic coffee cans becouse of their heavy weight. i will send pictures later if you like but as ive been an electrician all my life please let someone help you on the wiring.put more outlets and lights AND SHELVES  than you think you need.

Offline Luckyducker

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2012, 07:18:24 AM »
BKS, if you would like to store your primers and powder in your loading room you could hang a light bulb in that old fridge if it has a door (40 watt) and let it burn, that would keep things dry, just remember to check to make sure it hasn't burned out.  Your set-up sounds good to me.  I have my bench in a store room in my basement.  My loading bench was so cluttered I built another bigger bench in there and now it is cluttered with tools and gun cleaning junk.  I am a real slob compared to my S-I-L that reloads in a small room in his basement that is hardly larger than a closet.  I guess you just use what is available and make it work.

Offline BKS

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2012, 04:15:43 AM »
Been busy with otherstuff, cold as heck here,  and sick, I have insulated and sheaved 8 foot of the of the frnt wall, got most of a coat of paint on the walls.

I am having a problem deciding what wall to put my bench/presses on and would appreciate any and all suggestions.

Picture a square clock, The wall with the window unit is at 12 o'clock. The door will be at 3 oclock, I had originally planned on shelves and peg board on the 6 oclock wall
 Would the bench with the presses be better on the 9 o'clock wall r the 12 'clock wall directly under the ac unit.

I'm thinking 9 o'clock due to possible conditionsation and air interferrance with my scale.

I'm gonna build my bench frame out of 2x10s, screw it to the studs on which ever wall I choose and either use pipes with flanges for legs or 6x6 lumber, The bench will be 10'x18" with a leg under every two feet (try to position on direclty under each press-I hope)

Offline huntducks

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2012, 06:26:55 AM »
You will outgrow that 10x10 I have a 10x18 and I feel like I'm trying to put 10lbs of crap in a 5lb bag anymore ( I think i'm ready for a remodel)

Something you might want to look for is someone changing out there kitchen cabinets I got lucky and picked up a whole set of cabinets for free you can't beat them for storage if you build your own bench put shelves under it they come in real handy for seldom used things in my case shotshell hulls and wads, I also like peg board great to hang things from that you use all the time, consider your overhead for more storage my reloading room also doubles as my fish tackle room I made racks for the rods to sit in overhead.

Have Fun.....
Remember it's where the first bullet goes out of a cold barrel that counts most.

Offline Iowa Fox

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2012, 01:48:50 PM »
Thats going to make you a very nice hideout. When I put the OSB up in my barn I installed it shinny side out, put a nice bead of caulk between the edges of the sheets then screwed it on. I took a putty knife and skimmed the excess caulk off the joint and filled over the screw heads with two part epoxy wood filler. I primed it with two coats of Kilz original and two coats of paint on top of that. It turned out nice and durable, hard to tell they are wood OSB walls.