Author Topic: Night Owl Enterprises  (Read 1884 times)

Offline bosterr

• Trade Count: (0)
Night Owl Enterprises
« on: December 20, 2011, 02:43:21 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with Night Owl Enterprises bullet molds? Do they still only make molds for group buys? I read they will only do a run of 15 molds or more. If so, how does one get hooked up with a group?

Offline kbstenberg

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Night Owl Enterprises
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 04:34:42 PM »
Hey Bosterr if you go to Cast Boolits website an go into the sponsors pages you can find his website. I just (3 minutes ago) came from there and was checking his schedule for upcoming runs for group buys. He always makes extras so he has an inventory to sell from.
I prob have 5 of his molds an I am expecting 1 more. His work is EXCELLENT. His schedule is booked until NEXT Dec. with specific GB's.
Another mold maker to look at is Accurate Molds. He strictly does single mold runs. But he also has his standard molds you can pick from, or design whatever you want. Price is slightly higher than NOE
Both MM can do Alu. or Brass but Tom at Accurate also does steel NOE does not.

Offline Nobade

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 02:14:12 AM »
I second the above post. I am a HUGE fan of NOE moulds. Swede Nelson is a straight up guy and has always delivered as promised. Plus shipping each mould with a free top punch and bottle of bullplate lube is a real bonus.

And yes, Accurate molds is tip top too. The only thing I wish is he could make less than 30 cal. cavities but since he lathe bores them he is limited by the size of the cutter. But he makes them to whatever diameter you specify, is fast, great quality, and reasonably priced.

Can't go wrong with either outfit.
"Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever."

Offline res45

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 12:31:22 PM »
Here is the current mold run scheduled http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=130122
my NOE  mold pictured below is currently on the CNC machine,should be here after Christmas.  On the group buys they are normally open to purchase up to a day or so when the mold goes on the CNC machine.

Here is a list of his extras in stock.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=119487
Linux Mint Mate 15

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 01:38:05 AM »
he makes a good mold and stands behind his work.
blue lives matter

Offline bosterr

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 02:40:17 PM »
I want to thank you guys for all the input, I really appreciate it.

Offline ButlerFord45

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 05:57:56 PM »
The other that keeps several group buys is Mihec and I have molds from both, both stand up guys and both do excellent work, pick the one that is doing the mould you want and have no worries other than the wait.  Like a kid at Christmas, can't wait for it to get here and tickled when it does.

Butler Ford
He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done.-Leonardo da Vinci
An armed society is a polite society-Robert A. Heinlein
Only the dead have seen the end of war- Plato
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey
tomorrow I may have to eat them- A lady's sweatshirt

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 06:58:54 PM »
What is the one in the photo Bill. Looks like maybe a Keith 45. I've never owned a brass mould only iron and aluminum but have always liked the idea of a brass mould.

I really need to decide what bullet I'm gonna shoot in my .45 Colt Ruger. I have several different ones on order to try first before I decide to get a mould and heck as lazy as I am and no more than seem to shoot these days I might just let someone else keep making them for me.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 01:14:07 AM »
only two downsides to them bill. One is there HEAVY and if you cast alot youll tire easier. The other is they hold heat even a bit more then steel. Its a good thing if your casting smaller bullets but it slows you down quite a bit with larger bullets. They sure are pretty though :P  Ive got a few of the old applegate brass molds. they were about nice enough to put a chain on and hang around your wifes neck! Id take a brass mold hands down anyday over an aluminum one though.
blue lives matter

Offline ButlerFord45

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 05:07:03 AM »
Bill, this one is a copy of the RCBS 45 270 and is made by Mihec (MP molds) http://www.mp-molds.com/index.php?pr=45_270_SAA_4cav_gal .  I got this one for the sole purpose of a Ruger Blackhawk 45 Colt.  I don't push it too hard, I've become a wimp, but around 1200fps the combination is awsome.  I don't think you could go wrong with this mold for your intended purpose.  My hope for this combo is for hogs and I have no doubt that it is going to work well.
I have a few aluminium molds and they cast just fine and I'm sure that is mearly psychological but they seem fragile.
I like the brass mould and for a while leaned more toward Mihec than NOE because NOE had not started making moulds out of brass.  I think he now does.

Butler Ford
He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done.-Leonardo da Vinci
An armed society is a polite society-Robert A. Heinlein
Only the dead have seen the end of war- Plato
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey
tomorrow I may have to eat them- A lady's sweatshirt

Offline LAH

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 08:36:43 AM »
Around 1200fps the combination is awsome.  I don't think you could go wrong with this mold for your intended purpose.
It's a great bullet.

Joshua 1:9