Author Topic: Looks like you guys are going to just sit their.  (Read 1138 times)

Offline andy1300

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Looks like you guys are going to just sit their.
« on: December 21, 2011, 12:30:38 AM »
The Republicans plan on raising the taxes on us the middle class next week, and you Republicans just sit their and
say nothing about it, this is something we all will see on are next pay checks ! not like most this make believe stuff you guys write about on this form.

The less religion we have in our government, the better *

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Looks like you guys are going to just sit their.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 12:42:21 AM »
Everybody loves being a victim these days...
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline Bill T

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 01:09:11 AM »
The Republicans plan on raising the taxes on us the middle class next week, and you Republicans just sit their and
say nothing about it, this is something we all will see on are next pay checks ! not like most this make believe stuff you guys write about on this form.

Just what is it you propose "us Republicans" do? Drive to Washington and beat them up?

Offline Pike60

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 03:16:17 AM »
I am one of the middle class and I think that the tax break should expire and that money be put back into social security were it should be. Right now SS is underfunded and with the baby boomers starting to retire it is just going to get worse. The Dems will use this as a further excuse to raise taxes then raid SS for other social programs. Just my two cents.

Pike

Offline magooch

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 03:19:57 AM »
We can only hope that there are enough, real Republicans to squash the attempt to continue the insane looting of the Social Security and Medicare funding.  It should be alarming to everyone that it has come down to the point where the only pot of money that's left to be robbed to buy votes with is the so called payroll tax.  And they have the gall to call it a tax increase when in fact it is nothing more than allowing the misguided temporary suspension of the tax--actually the premium that we all payed for all of our working careers for Social Security and Medicare.  Anyone who doesn't understand the jeopardy this puts these two programs in (Dumbycrat programs) is too dumb to be allowed to vote.   

Anyone with a lick of sense knows full well that if a Republican were sitting in the White House and proposed that we rob the SS and Medicare funding to pay for other profligate spending, there would be a lynch-mob of Dumbycrats at his door in two minutes.  This should give even the most feeble minded liberals pause.
Swingem

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 03:27:03 AM »

Anyone with a lick of sense knows full well that if a Republican were sitting in the White House and proposed that we rob the SS and Medicare funding to pay for other profligate spending, there would be a lynch-mob of Dumbycrats at his door in two minutes.  This should give even the most feeble minded liberals pause.

Witness the gnashing of teeth when Bush II sent out checks. At that point we could narrowly afford to do so. How can we afford it now?
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline thirty06

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 03:33:08 AM »
 Andy, if I heard right the Dems. wanted a 2 month ext. The Reb. wanted a 1yr. ext. The dems said no and went
home. Tell me who's trying to take care of you?

Offline magooch

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 03:43:28 AM »
Both sides are playing a very dangerous and cynical political game and it had better stop.  If the media had any credibility at all, they would be all over this wih that facts and shame the politicos who are conducting this sham.  Someone needs to take Speaker Boner by the shirt collar and shake him.  The same entity should take Harry Reid by the neck and choke him.  Nancy Pilosi should simply be ignored like the silly little twit that she is.
Swingem

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 05:35:43 AM »
I'd love to see them bankrupt the thing.  That's probably the only way it will ever get fixed. 

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 06:49:45 AM »
dukkillr, You pointed out the reason we are where we are. Sitting on our a&&'&

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 06:55:54 AM »
If sitting on my a$$ will lead to a future with less nanny-state programs, I'll sit here all day long.

My objection has never been that these programs exist, it's that I'm forced to participate.  I understand that people contributed for years and want their money back.  I understand that some are undiciplined or not smart enough to take care of themselves and they need that government watching to keep them from starving to death.  I'm ok with that.  What I'm not OK with is the idea that I am FORCED to submit to the same system.  I feel like I'm capable of going through life without the training wheels...

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 07:06:08 AM »
Here you cannot have a bank account , go to school etc with out a SS # optional no .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 07:16:06 AM »
Here you cannot have a bank account , go to school etc with out a SS # optional no .
Don't know?,,,my father never had a ss#. Rail Road workers never had one either. If you don't want a SS# than  you should also consider living off the grid entirely anyway...But a corporation can have a bank account.

..TM7
I don't have a problem with the number, I have a problem with the mandatory nature of the program. 

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 10:15:22 AM »
Sorry dukkillr that was andy1300 that pointed out that we dont do anything when we should.

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 10:21:11 AM »
If sitting on my a$$ will lead to a future with less nanny-state programs, I'll sit here all day long.

My objection has never been that these programs exist, it's that I'm forced to participate.  I understand that people contributed for years and want their money back.  I understand that some are undiciplined or not smart enough to take care of themselves and they need that government watching to keep them from starving to death.  I'm ok with that.  What I'm not OK with is the idea that I am FORCED to submit to the same system.  I feel like I'm capable of going through life without the training wheels...
I imagine it will come crashing down. I dont see how it can continue. the first generation is now the third and fouth generation on it.

Offline jimster

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 10:36:46 AM »
The Republicans plan on raising the taxes on us the middle class next week, and
you Republicans just sit their and
say nothing about it, this is something we
all will see on are next pay checks ! not like most this make believe stuff you
guys write about on this form.
Dumbest post I've seen so far.  So let me get this straight...the Dem's legislated our taxes to be this high in the first place...now your looking for the republicans to keep it from being that high temporarily... LOL!!!...for two more months.  LOL!  And let me get this straight...your Dem's can ram through a two thousand page piece of legislation called health care nobody wants, even the Dem's admit it was horrible...and your Dem's can't write one little paragraph of legislation keeping our taxes down for good.  Andy, what are you trying to sell me?
Your post shows you don't have a clue...you DESERVE to pay more taxes, if you pay any at all...which I'm not so sure you do.  Cause your party put them at that rate to begin with. 
Andy, you never cease to amaze me.

Offline fatercat

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 10:46:24 AM »
hay guys, its not just one guy or group.  we need to vote out the bad ones , don't care what party, till we get this UAS fixed.  we are all going to hell in a hand basket. there are many ways to do it. its going to take all of to fix it.

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 11:38:05 AM »
This is all just a smoke screen to get everyone talking about a few bucks worth of social security. What Obama really wants is to see that he doesn't have to sign this bill because it has legislation to force the pipeline construction in it.

That will create real jobs and give us access to oil from our friends instead of our enemies. Obama does not want this pipeline approved until after the election because the tree huggers have threatened him.   

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 01:26:10 PM »
Bilmac, very good and excellent post, sir.   You have slashed through Obummer's veil of secrecy to the golden nugget of truth on the other side.     Obummer does not want the pipeline so he can appease the eco-fascists.    However, he pissed off a lot of union folks who need jobs.     Hopefully, Americans will throw the idiot out of office before he really hurts this country.

Andy1300, you are a truly amazing individual.   You say that the Republicans want to raise taxes when they are trying to get the extension for one year, rather than for only two months.  The Democrats want the extension for two months, for the reason that they can have their cake and eat it, too, in an election year.     You really should think things through before you make ridiculous statements, however entertaining they may be......

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline NWBear

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 02:33:25 PM »
We can only hope that there are enough, real Republicans to squash the attempt to continue the insane looting of the Social Security and Medicare funding.  It should be alarming to everyone that it has come down to the point where the only pot of money that's left to be robbed to buy votes with is the so called payroll tax...

Sorry to tell you guys and gals, but the SS "Fund" is ROBBED every year as a matter of general accounting.  They use any surplus in the SS revenues to offset the yearly deficit and this is NOT carried forward as an unpaid liability (a felony for private corps to do).  So when ever you hear the yearly deficit is $500 Billion; it is really $500 Billion + whatever the SS surplus was that year.  This is why there is no "Fund", it is spent as soon as it arrives.

I have grave fears about making this "optional", as I have written before.  However I do have empathy for folks like dukkillr and others who have done well enough to not need any pension or disability protection from SS.  At one time I thought I had no need for this but the last few years have caused me to now look forward to this income in the near future.

Offline Mike38

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 09:06:10 PM »

Andy, social security is not a tax. It wasn’t set up that way, and never will be. The Democrats in Washington DC have led you to believe it’s a tax, but it’s not. It’s a savings fund set aside by the government for when you retire.

There would be literally trillions upon trillions of dollars in that fund as a total right now, if the funds where used only as intended. But the Democrats, yes the Democrats in Washington DC started “borrowing” from this fund to support their bloated entitlement programs and their out of control spending. Granted, some Republicans went along with the scheme and should have stopped it before it started. But trust me Andy, your Democrats started dipping their fingers into the cookie jar, and now there is nothing left.

I have paid into this fund for 34 years, and have 15 years to go. I will not see one dime of the money set aside in my name. It's gone. Every penny of it gone. When SS does finally go bust, there is going to be tens of millions of T-ed off people. It's going to suck being a Congressman in Washington when that day comes.

Offline magooch

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2011, 05:36:13 AM »
The Social Security system is quite a bit more than just a retirement supplement; don't forget the disability and other insurance aspects of the program.  In any case, the partial suspension (holiday) on the "payroll tax", affects more than Social Security.  The payroll tax also encompasses the financing for Medicare.  I haven't actually researched it, but apparently the holiday was only a partial holiday, because it only cut the "contribution" by about a third.  The last time I looked, the payroll tax amounted to about 6.75%, or something close to that for employees (employers pay a matching amount). 

If the reporting is correct, the tax was lowered to somewhere around 4 point something percent at the beginning of this year.  That rate would be continued for a couple of months under the present proposal.

The Social Security system when set up, was never designed to operate from a growing pool of funds; it was pay as you go.  However, during the Reagan administration, it was recognized that the baby-boomers would put a whole new strain on the system, so Congress raised the payroll tax to create a surplus.  There was no practical, nor workable means of squirrelling away the enormous pool of funds that would be created, so the excess was loaned to the general fund.  That would have all been fine and good if the excess funds would have been invested in revenue producing government projects such as hydroelectric dams, water supply projects etc.  Instead, the money was spent on anything and everything and there's nothing to show for it but IOU's.

Don't get the impression that I am any kind of advocate for the system--I'm not, but we are way too far down the road to scrap it and start all over.  Should people be allowed to opt out of the system?  Absolutely--if they sign an agreement that the government would be totally and completely absolved of any and all responsibilities that might result from future difficulties.  We all know that that would never happen.  If nothing else, recent history of the private investment system is every bit as nebulous as government plans.
Swingem