Author Topic: Ted Nugent on obama.  (Read 889 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Ted Nugent on obama.
« on: December 21, 2011, 06:19:40 AM »

HEH, I don't think obummer can count on Teds vote. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Ted Nugent on obama.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 12:28:48 AM »
Since when does anybody care what a washed up, burned out, alcoholic musician thinks about politics?  It's kinda like when the Dixie Chicks made an off comment about George Bush.  Who cares!  It's not like people are paying for tickets to go to their concert because they want to hear a rousing 90 min lecture on politics.  People pay for their tickets to hear them sing.  Ted gets paid to sing and play guitar.  Now when he wants to give a 90 min guitar clinic, i'll happily listen to what he has to say, but his views on politics are more about ratings and getting people to pay attention to him.
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 01:47:44 AM »
Well... looks like Ted Nugent has descended to pure jerk status.

Motor City Madman Motor Mouth.

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 05:12:26 AM »
That Ted-what a jerk!

What a moron for clinging to freedom and to guns!
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 06:00:41 AM »
Nugent has as much right to speak his mind as anyone else.Unlike the Dixie Chicks, he is saying things that his fan base for the most part seems to be ok with.
I for one could do with out the potty mouth but I agree with what his message is.
I however fail to see how this makes him a jerk.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline scootrd

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 06:14:23 AM »
Then choose the proper forum and espouse your point of view on a talk show.
When I pay money for a concert , I'm there for the music , not to hear any artist's personal political point if view.

Same with the hollywood types, just cause I pay to see your movie , does not mean I care to listen to your all unimportant view or opinion of world affairs.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 06:29:48 AM »
That Ted-what a jerk!

You're right about that Lakota - Ted was being a jerk, specifically, in that video. He's a fellow hunter and shooter, but he's an out-and-out jerk. This is IN SPITE of 'clinging to freedom and to guns!' - heck, I do that. Because he and I both hunt, doesn't excuse his first-class asshat behavior. Do you think that political agreement gives a pass for nasty behavior?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 06:34:36 AM »
I sorry I had no idea you were at the concert in question.
From crowds reaction it sounded like they for the most part enjoyed the show.
Most folks who go to a Nugent concert know what they are in for.
Maybe you can get a refund on your money for the ticket.
Or maybe you can get an invite to a talk show to espouse your opposing view point.

Pat

" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 06:35:46 AM »
Ted is exercising his right as an American.  People who buy tickets to his concerts know what to expect.  He has as much right to voice an opinion as Ed Asner or anyone else.  You all have the right not to agree.  Thats what being an American is all about.  When we take away Ted's right to speak, we remove everyone else's.

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline lakota

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 07:16:18 AM »
That Ted-what a jerk!

You're right about that Lakota - Ted was being a jerk, specifically, in that video. He's a fellow hunter and shooter, but he's an out-and-out jerk. This is IN SPITE of 'clinging to freedom and to guns!' - heck, I do that. Because he and I both hunt, doesn't excuse his first-class asshat behavior. Do you think that political agreement gives a pass for nasty behavior?

Guess what? Ted has the same right to free speech as any of you liberals do! If you dont like what he is saying then either dont listen or change the wording of the constitution.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 07:23:52 AM »
Guess what? Ted has the same right to free speech as any of you liberals do!
Of course he does. Being a jerk isn't unconstitutional. I've never thought otherwise.
If you dont like what he is saying then either dont listen or change the wording of the constitution.
How about, I just call it as I see it?

Offline scootrd

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 07:29:21 AM »
yep , that's the wonderful thing about democracy anyone has the right to be an a!@.

It's unfortunate his message gets lost because of the vulger and immature way he expresses his opinions.
Just because someone shares the same 2nd amendment views as me doesn't make him any less an a!@
I guess if your an adolescent that type of talk may appeal to you.

Oh and as a side note...his music really is not that good anymore either, or perhaps I've just matured in that regard as well. 

Singleshotsam nailed it on the first post.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline lakota

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 07:30:05 AM »
Oh I see....You can call it as you see it but when it comes to others calling it as they see it in regards to Obama you call them racist, or jerk or blah blah blah.
It's a one way street.
10-4

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 08:11:03 AM »

yep , that's the wonderful thing about democracy anyone has the right to be an a!@.
It's unfortunate his message gets lost because of the vulger and immature way he expresses his opinions. Just because someone shares the same 2nd amendment views as me doesn't make him any less an a!@
I guess if your an adolescent that type of talk may appeal to you.
+1

Oh and as a side note...his music really is not that good anymore either, or perhaps I've just matured in that regard as well. 
Probably both. He went down hill after Cat Scratch Fever... or just became unremarkable. Competent guitarist, though. Not much of a songwriter, but then Gordon Lightfoot is more my speed.

Oh I see....You can call it as you see it but when it comes to others calling it as they see it in regards to Obama you call them racist, or jerk or blah blah blah.
It's a one way street. 10-4

No, Lakota, you do not see; your vision is clouded. Let's just leave it at, we've got diff standards for civility.

Offline lakota

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 08:19:26 AM »
Oh no clever comebacks other than accusing me of having "clouded vision" and insinuating that I am uncivilized?

I think I see perfectly now.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 08:32:10 AM »
I only watched ted for a few seconds . Two things came to mind SHOCK JOCK and SLOB HUNTER . Both draw attention for the wrong reason and nither help the cause.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline magooch

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 08:46:23 AM »
Yeah, shame on Ted for acting and sounding like a Dumycrat supporter.
Swingem

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 09:59:44 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy8RIiTyhMI&feature=share

HEH, I don't think obummer can count on Teds vote. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D

Powderman! You should know better than to post this kind of crap in the Political Issues discussion!

I'm not going to waste my time looking for a forum to send it! I'm sending it where it belongs............The Trash!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.