Author Topic: Ron Paul warned us about this. Attempt at martial law in Louisiana.  (Read 456 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Martial Law Attempt In Louisiana Echoes Ron Paul’s Warning     Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Following the fatal shooting of a toddler in a crime ridden New Orleans housing project, a Louisiana state representative has called for what amounts to martial law.

Austin Badon contacted Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal’s office Monday and asked that the National Guard be deployed. Jindal’s office said Badon was told that any such a request would have to come from the New Orleans mayor Mitch Landrieu.
Under Article I, Section 8, Clause 15 of the Constitution, the National Guard – considered a state militia – is authorized to “execute the laws of the Union and suppress Insurrections and repel Invasion.” The Constitution says nothing about dispatching the military to fight domestic crime, a task usually undertaken by local law enforcement.

Since the National Defense Act (or Militia Act) of 1903, the federal government has worked to absorb the National Guard and take control of it away from the states. In 2007, the John Warner Defense Authorization Act moved to remove state governors as sole commanders in chief of their state’s National Guard during emergencies within the state.
On December 18, presidential candidate Ron Paul warned (see video below) that the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) passed recently by the House and now under consideration in the Senate will be used by the government to implement martial law. The bill would allow the military to detain Americans and prevent them from exercising their right to due process under the Sixth Amendment.
Deploying federally controlled troops in post-Katrina New Orleans is another attempt to circumvent Posse Comitatus and acclimate citizens to the presence of armed troops on the streets.
In August of 2005, New Orleans served as a beta test for FEMA command and control over state and local jurisdiction and autonomy. It was also used for gun confiscation. FEMA, as we have documented, is primarily concerned with “civil disturbance” and martial law, not disaster relief.
“This should be the biggest news going right now,” Ron Paul told Alex Jones as the House prepared to pass the NDAA bill. “It is literally legalizing martial law.” He pointed out that the NDAA’s violations of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are remarkably not even discussed in the GOP presidential “debates” conducted by the establishment media.

Rep. Austin Badon no doubt is sincere about stopping violence – most of it a product of the federally-declared war on drugs – but calling for troops on the streets is obviously not the way to go about it. Control of the National Guard has been federalized.
The Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 strictly forbids federal troops from being deployed on American soil for the purpose of law enforcement. The one exception is provided by the Insurrection Act of 1807, which lets the president use the military only for the purpose of preventing rebellions. This is not the case in New Orleans. With the passage of the NDAA, the federal government will likely use the National Guard in any effort to round-up and intern U.S. citizens.
The federal government nullified this important firewall when it equated natural disaster – and epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident – with insurrection. It did this by modifying the Insurrection Act – not by constitutional amendment, but by passing legislation that violates the original intent of Article I, Section 8, Clause 15.
State governors were outraged and sent a letter to Congress protesting the “dramatic expansion of federal authority during natural disasters that could cause confusion in the command-and-control of the National Guard and interfere with states’ ability to respond to natural disasters within their borders.”
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Ron Paul warned us about this. Attempt at martial law in Louisiana.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 04:27:37 PM »
Up until about a year ago I went to New Orleans 3 times a week. This is what I personally saw, and what I heard on the News. I SAW National Guardsmen standing around hummers with M16s still patroling the rough areas around the French Quarter, because the city government is so corrupt, no one wants to work in the Police Dept. which is also corrupt. I listened to news casters talk about a "task force" assigned to protect the (and I quote): "Illegal workers" on pay day whom are working to "rebuild New Orleans after Katina". From whom? Black gangs! Why? Because many in New Orleans sit on their butts waitin on the government to "rebuild it for them" on YOUR DOLLAR.
In the area around a Creamery called Browns Velvet where I delivered tankers of raw milk, just off the French Quarter. I SAW day in and day out, and all hours of the night, young blacks sittin on porches drinkin beer wrapped in paper sacks, or walkin up and down the street day and night drinkin beer wrapped in paper sacks. During Mardi Gras a guy was shot and killed, less than 70' from where I was standin talkin to a cop on a horse. All those yoyos down there want to do, is sit on their asses, draw a government check, drink alcohol, take dope, and party.
Who cares if they declare martial law in New Orleans? That would actually be a "positive thing for that crap hole", and would be good training for combat troops, so when we go butt into another sovereign countries business in the middle east. The best thing that could happen to New Orleans is to tear down the dikes and turn it into a fish hatchery/wild life refugee, and save us all some money. As far as FEDERAL TROOPS? That is a violation of Posse Comitatus. But who cares? It's New Orleans. Gosh I feel better!
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 05:42:24 PM »
The best thing that could happen to New Orleans is to tear down the dikes and turn it into a fish hatchery/wild life refugee, and save us all some money.

DEE. Darned tootin. A friend of mine visited there several years ago with his wife. He said he was propositioned 5 x in one block by voodoo witches, prostitutes, and drug dealers. They went back to the car, headed North and never looked back. They live in a bowl below sea lever and seem shocked when it floods. Stupid should hurt. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 07:59:09 PM »
Lets take the libratarian way out of this. Give the business's 2 month's notice, and then cut all aid/military and police force's. Let nature take it's course. It'll turn into a mini South Africa. True/TV could set up a bunch of camera's around the city and have a 24hr. tv show. I think I'll go and pop some popcorn. :D gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 05:18:03 AM »
The best thing that could happen to New Orleans is to tear down the dikes and turn it into a fish hatchery/wild life refugee, and save us all some money.

There is one flaw in this plan...if this were to happen the "entitlees" would just move somewhere else and sit down and continue to demand their entitlements. No one would save any money in the long run ;)
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline NWBear

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 07:43:56 AM »
God help us if we allow the Fed's to use the military against Citizens in the normal course of events (anything less than total decline into anarchy - not what happened in N.O. after Katrina).  That will be the first step into a Police State. 

I happen to agree with Gypsyman, let the free market take over.  If enough business and people see potential they will rebuild the city.  The Govt. should provide the basic infrastructure; roads, services etc.  If people abandon property, so what, let the market determine if there is value.  Illegal workers - deport them.  I am sure there are enough out of work construction workers to work for business that wants to build or re-build.  It is not the right or duty of the Fed's to determine the nature of communities.  If you, the residents, want a s--thole so be it.  I have seen plenty of "low income, run down" neighborhoods "Gentrified" when the economics dictated that it was profitable to make the neighborhood better.  Even one house or building at a time, pretty soon you can't afford to live there!!!

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 01:55:32 PM »
NWBear, I agree with you and gypsyman.  Let's start with buying up the Ninth Ward through eminent domain.  SCOTUS cleared they way with a decision that allowed the city to use eminent domain on a property if property tax revenues can be generated on that property.       Buy it up, block by block, starting on the corners and working toward the center.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto