Author Topic: Why hasn't Rick Perry filled out his Second Amendment Questionnaire  (Read 567 times)

Offline nw_hunter

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (4)

Just received this from the GOA!

Why hasn't Rick Perry filled out his Second Amendment Questionnaire
  GOA via email | Dec 22, 2011 | Tim Macy
 Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2011 5:55:46 PM by ASA Vet
Gun Owners of America has sent a Second Amendment Questionnaire to every Presidential candidate for this election year. We've gotten them back from several of the candidates -- even Newt Gingrich, after I met with him earlier this month to ask why he hadn't sent his back. But we haven't received one from either Rick Perry or Mitt Romney.

The fact that Romney is not getting his questionnaire back is understandable, since he has been all over the map on gun ownership. Recently he's sounding pro-gun, but his history is anything but that. Rick Perry, however, has a solid record on the Second Amendment as Governor of Texas, so why isn’t he getting his questionnaire back to GOA? I have to believe this is a campaign staff decision, which is a bad decision at best. Perry already has a good record, so why not fill it out so we can know where he stands on issues specific to the presidency?
Newt Gingrich was far from perfect on the Second Amendment when he was Speaker of the House, and he still falters on background checks, but at least he gave GOA his answers and signed our questionnaire. You have to respect him for that.
I have personally had contact four times with Perry staff who all said they would get it done and back to GOA right away, but so far it's been lip service and no questionnaire.

Bottom line -- come on Rick, send GOA a completed and signed questionnaire so gun owners across the country can get a more complete picture of your views.

Please encourage Rick Perry to return the GOA questionnaire by calling

Sincerely,
 Tim Macy
 Vice Chairman
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Why hasn't Rick Perry filled out his Second Amendment Questionnaire
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 12:24:30 PM »
Rick Perry has a concealed carry permit from the State of Texas, and has used the gun to protect the family dog while hiking. About anyone knows that story. He also signed into law the Castle Doctrine in Texas, where you don't have to retreat, and can use deadly force to protect not only life, but also property, including your neighbors life and property.
It would seem to me filling out a second amendment questionnaire for GOA, or any other gun group, would be a little silly given his second amendment record, unless of course GOA is blind.

Why doesn't GOA simply look into his record?
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 12:25:44 PM »
I trust a Texan with a good record a lot more than north easterners with poor records no matter how many questionnares they fill out.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 12:41:56 PM »
bilmac, if a man doesn't have a record to check I think a questionaire is a good idea, but Perry's 2nd amendment record is "public record", and is very well known. I don't agree with him on several issues, but I am a member of Texas State Rifle Ass. and Perry's stand on gun issues is an open book to all with the energy to look. I would imagine that GOA has more free time right now than Gov. Perry.
As far that north easterner, nuff said, huh?
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline nw_hunter

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 08:34:00 AM »
I trust a Texan with a good record a lot more than north easterners with poor records no matter how many questionnares they fill out.

It's not just the GOA asking these questions of the candidates. Other second A. Orgs. have also sent out questions to the candidates. As far as I know newt,Mitt and Perry are the only ones who haven't returned them. Ligit. questions like....How they stand on the U.N Gun Ban Treaty. I don't think anyone with a positive gun record would mind answering those kind of questions for the voters to see.

http://virginiagun.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/where-is-rick-perry-on-the-u-n-gun-ban-treaty/
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline eye shot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 04:44:30 AM »
"I trust a Texan" So being from up north I never heard of Ricky Perry until he started to run for pres. Now since he is the president of Texas I'm to trust him? The first couple of things I've heard is he promotes illegals to cross the border to get Texas instate college tuition and something about giving little girls some kind of drug being manditory. He could be polite enough to return the questionair so the rest of us americans know his stand.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 05:52:19 AM »
When you are from Texas, it's just normal procedure to expect everyone has, shoots, and carries firearms.  Heck, he even shot a coyote last year with his Ruger lcp .380 while out jogging.  Let's see Obama do that!  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline jimster

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 01:50:44 PM »
I don't know if I would be filling out questionnaire's for anyone either, anyone that knows me already knows, the others can just ask and I'll tell them.  Gee whizz the gun info is out there if anyone is interested.  Romney's info is out there too...the people in the state he represented are limited....real limited.  He could not help them one bit on gun rights or self defense rights.   No questionair needed there either.
I bet when your running for president you get gobs of those questionaire things from all over.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 02:25:49 PM »
Who cares?????? He washed up as a contender anyway! ::)
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline LunaticFringeInc

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 09:54:32 PM »
I dont know but I am sure this probably is because of his staunch anti-gun political stance he is trying to hide form the public?  I mean that is the story line here, right?
(sarcasim off now...)
I agree too...who cares ::)    While thats an important issue for me as a gun owner, right now there are far more important things that will bite me in the butt a lot quicker, you know like a failing economy, outta control spending by the governement, unemployment, cost of food and fuel just to name a few.  Trust me if he really had all that much of a ainti gun stance he wouldnt have been repeatedly elected as the govenor of Texas! 

I mean have you ever been out in the field here in Texas on the first day of Dove and Quail season?  It easily rivals the opening day of Deer or Trout season up north!  Dont be that guy that waited until the week end before opening day to renew your license, youll be in line longer than you would on black friday!  Wants some Dove decoys that late in the year...good luck, they were probably sold out weeks earlier and wont have any more until next year.  Point is, getting elected in Texas as a ainti gunner is pretty dang tough to do!