Author Topic: The end of Leathal Injection?  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
The end of Leathal Injection?
« on: December 22, 2011, 03:17:27 PM »
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline briarpatch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The end of Leathal Injection?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 05:19:22 PM »
Have we gone so far we cant make a drug for this use. Why dont we hire the mexican cartel, they would have it in a few hours.

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 07:04:04 PM »
I put this story right in the same catagory as the National Enquirer's story that Nostradomus is coming back. Makes the Brits feel good to think that they actually might have something to do with our form of punisment. We have a govt. over there that puts people in jail for defending their home and family's when robbers and rapists break in. Hope it made somebody over there feel good. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 12:52:09 AM »
Seems like I recall some states have already found another drug to use anyway.
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 01:51:11 AM »
State can't get the right drugs for carrying out killings?

Gee, I wish this were the worst of our problems...
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline no guns here

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 03:31:33 AM »
No drugs needed.  Rope works faster and less painfully.  Bullets are cheap too. .

NGH
"I feared for my life!"

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 04:01:20 AM »
To make a point several years ago, an Oklahoma State Representative introduced a bill to the State House whereby, if a murderer was convicted of beating his victim to death with a hammer, the same hammer would be used, to beat the murderer to death. Wisdom spoken in jest, was the way I saw this bill.

Kinda alike the white boys that drug the black boy to death in East Texas a few years ago. Get the same pickup, or one like it, and rig the boys up, the same way the rigged the black boy up, and carry out the sentence.

When public hangings were the order of the day, a public display of justice for all was VISUAL. We have become too civilized I think.

After having to deal with them for 20 years, I have some ideas for rapists, and child molestors too, but their a little too graphic for here.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 04:37:51 AM »
Dee, totally agree. Problem with some of these criminals, they never found out that they weren't the toughest guy around. By the time they experience it, it's to late for them. They've already molested too many children,raped,assualted, and bullied to many people. One time, over 30 years ago, police caught a wife beater and alcolholic in the parking lot of my dads business. I knew a couple of the guys on duty that night. When they put him in the back of the paddy wagon, a couple of big cops showed up, put on their padded gloves, and got in the back with him. The cop I knew kinda chuckled, and said he'll have a rough ride down to the station. I looked at my buddy that was helping me that night, and we both agreed, he'll learn more in the back of that paddy wagon than a few months in the huosgow. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 05:18:57 AM »
They can find potassium in any hospital and in the end thats really all they need. So sorry if the murderer has to feel pain and fear the way their victim did before they die.

Or they can find .308 cartridges or rope just about anywhere.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline no guns here

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 05:38:23 AM »
No need to torture them.  They just lose the right to breath this planet's air.  Some folks ain't fit to live among men.  Just execute them quickly and humanely.  It's not about retribution or vengeance.  It's about justice.  Drug dealers, child molesters, murderers and violent rapists. Just take them out and hang them.

NGH
"I feared for my life!"

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 07:25:58 PM »
No need to torture them.  They just lose the right to breath this planet's air.  Some folks ain't fit to live among men.  Just execute them quickly and humanely.  It's not about retribution or vengeance.  It's about justice.  Drug dealers, child molesters, murderers and violent rapists. Just take them out and hang them.

NGH

Murderers need a short rope and a long drop.
Child molesters and rapists need a long rope and slow rise. It's not about vengeance it's about punishment fitting the crime and deterring others from doing the same.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline tennhillbilly

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 08:38:35 PM »
This isn't new. The company that makes Sodium Pentathol moved to Italy 2 years ago. The will not sell it to states that have lethal injection, even it they still make it. If anybody (pharm. or hosp.) sells it to any correctional deparment, then they will not be able to get it anymore themselves. Some states went to  pentobarbital, and now the same thing has happened. The drug manufactors have refused to sell it to be used in lethal injection.
Death penalty opponents see this as a victory. I see it as they have painted themselves in a corner. Electric chairs,ropes, fireing squads, and the gas chambers all work. Some claim they are cruel and unusual punishment. Cruel?? Unusual??  Firing squads,electric chairs and hanging take less the 45 seconds. Lethal injection takes about 8 minutes. You tell me which is cruel or unusual.  All I know is no one that was ever put to death in any of these methods have ever complained or said they felt anything.  Dead is dead. 
If your gonna be stupid, you had better be tough.

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 10:59:35 PM »
If you kill or rape one of mine, ifin the law dont get you 2700 fps will

Gun Runner

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2011, 12:37:53 AM »
  For vicious murderers and child molesters...wouldn't injection of a pint of kerosene work just as well ?  ;)   ;D

Perhaps if these wimpy "jackwagons" in Europe could witness that their drug cutoff brought back the firing squad and the noose...they may think twice, concerning their "prohibition" ... ;)   ;D
   Time we made our own stuff again and took our purchasing back home..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2011, 04:09:44 AM »
  For vicious murderers and child molesters...wouldn't injection of a pint of kerosene work just as well ?  ;)   ;D
It might work. Why don't you take that question to the Throne, and then let us know what Jesus has to say about it.

I'll go out on a very thick branch and speculate that He will disapprove.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline tennhillbilly

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2011, 06:42:47 AM »
I think Jesus said...in Matthew "give unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's and unto God what is God's."  Ceasar  (the law of the land) has the death penalty. Follow the laws of the land. In reality.....if you live in a state that has the death penalty, YOU share in the process. Who puts a condemed man to death? The exocutioner, Warden,Correctioal Dept., State, District Atty, Jury, Judge, congressmen, senators or the people who elect the officials? The correct answer is the people who elect the officials that enact these laws, YOU.   

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2011, 06:51:52 AM »

I think Jesus said...in Matthew "give unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's and unto God what is God's."

While that is in scripture; but I don't interpret that to mean that all the state does is just, democracy or not. Remember slavery in this country. And do bear in mind, tennhillbilly - my post was about speculation re: effectiveness of injecting convicted prisoners with kerosene, and whether Jesus would approve of that. I don't think he would - what do you think?

Also, I do not 'share' in all that the state does, or permits, except in the most remote and abstract way, and unwillingly.

Me? I have a hard time imagining Jesus injecting the poisons or springing the trap. Others may think He's okay with it, but I'm pretty comfortable w/my position (one I've come to after decades of favoring the death penalty).

Offline tennhillbilly

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2011, 10:09:36 AM »

I think Jesus said...in Matthew "give unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's and unto God what is God's."
While that is in scripture; but I don't interpret that to mean that all the state does is just, democracy or not. Remember slavery in this country. And do bear in mind, tennhillbilly - my post was about speculation re: effectiveness of injecting convicted prisoners with kerosene, and whether Jesus would approve of that. I don't think he would - what do you think?

Also, I do not 'share' in all that the state does, or permits, except in the most remote and abstract way, and unwillingly.

Me? I have a hard time imagining Jesus injecting the poisons or springing the trap. Others may think He's okay with it, but I'm pretty comfortable w/my position (one I've come to after decades of favoring the death penalty).
What do I think? Well, kerosene, drugs, rope, electricity,bullets, guillotine, all produce the same results. What would Jesus do? I think he would expect us to do the right thng. Next question is, what is the right thing to do?

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2011, 12:42:27 PM »
Next question is, what is the right thing to do?
Well....when I have a vicious animal I put it down! Is it ok to equate that to humans?
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline rdmallory

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2011, 01:23:10 PM »
I wonder how much harder Sodium Pentathol is to manufacture then meth?

Maybe we could set up a prison run Sodium Pentathol factory. Give them something to do while they are going through all the appeals.

Doug

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2011, 05:37:42 PM »
It might work. Why don't you take that question to the Throne, and then let us know what Jesus has to say about it.

I'll go out on a very thick branch and speculate that He will disapprove.
...............................................................................................

Poor Yellow..lighten up a bit..  You appear quite incapable of even understanding this... -->   ;)   ;D
  Still; I see no sense in wasting tax money on expensive pharmaceuticals, when a regular Military .308 FMJ would do the job much more quickly and efficently, and the shell would be salvaged for reloading purposes..

You are so quick to ask WWJD?..  And you sympathize with those who are involved in the "abomination" of homosexuality and plead the case of users of mind-bending drugs (sorcerers)...yes indeed; WWJD ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline tennhillbilly

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2011, 06:19:25 PM »
Next question is, what is the right thing to do?
Well....when I have a vicious animal I put it down! Is it ok to equate that to humans?
To me, the right thing to do is ensure this person never takes another life. Ensure the victims famlies and friends have a form of closure. Ensure other criminals know beforehand what lies ahead. When anyone commits a cold blooded, calculated murder, they have taken all the victim ever had, has or ever will have. When a murderer knows what lies ahead, they themselves make the choice,  not me, you or anybody else........they did.  Kinda like when life is over for any of us.....in the end we will be rewarded, or punished by the choices WE made. Jesus has warned us what would happen if we do not believe. Murderers have been warned and witnessed what will happen if the kill also.........haven't they?

Offline Forestclimber

• Trade Count: (38)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 06:45:27 PM »
Did you ever read "The Man Without A Country"?  Do that. Only put them in a small cold cell forever instead of on board a ship.  Lethal injection is the easy way out compared to a life behind bars.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2011, 06:47:03 PM »
Poor Yellow..lighten up a bit..  You appear quite incapable of even understanding this... -->   ;)   ;D 
I think I do understand how those emoticons are used: they mean, "I'm going to say this, I'm putting it out there... but I'm not going to stand by it, and if challenged won't defend it... kind of like that dodge, 'I'm just sayin'..."
Is that about right?
   You are so quick to ask WWJD?.. 
Don't know about quick... I think it's a good means to check one's moral compass on a variety of issues. Do you agree?

Offline tennhillbilly

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2011, 07:59:38 PM »
Did you ever read "The Man Without A Country"?  Do that. Only put them in a small cold cell forever instead of on board a ship.  Lethal injection is the easy way out compared to a life behind bars.

It's evident you have never been inside a prison. They sure ain't like you see in the movies .

Offline LunaticFringeInc

• Contributor
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2011, 09:11:18 PM »
 A 3 cent 22 to the back of the brain bucket is cheap and easy enough to do and a lot more humane than what they probably did to get the death penalty to begin with.  One of these days we will have more compassion for the victim than we do for the guilty!  So I am with you Dee!

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2011, 01:28:58 AM »
Death penalty, maybe and only when we reach the point when we are 100% sure 100% of the time that person is guilty and there are no biases to its application. So far we are not there yet.
GuzziJohn

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2011, 03:44:09 AM »
Guzzi, there have been plenty of cases that are 100% proof positive. It's usually a lawyer that screws things up, ande finds a loophole, and then a case gets dragged out for years. Case in point,Sirhan Sirhan. Witness's ,ota, and that scumbag has been sucking air for over 30 years. And, now some wanna be famous lawyer, is claiming there were more than just 9 shots fires.(I believe it was a 9 shot H&R .22) Bulls**t. And, California is out of money. How many tens of thousands,in the hundreds of thousands, has this guy sucked up. Leathal injection, mercy killing as far as I'm concerned. gypsyman

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2011, 02:58:17 PM »
I think I do understand how those emoticons are used: they mean, "I'm going to say this, I'm putting it out there... but I'm not going to stand by it, and if challenged won't defend it... kind of like that dodge, 'I'm just sayin'..."
Is that about right?
   You are so quick to ask WWJD?.. 
Don't know about quick... I think it's a good means to check one's moral compass on a variety of issues. Do you agree?
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  Yellow;  Still having trouble with ;) ;D ..I see !  That means "I'm joking kid"!
  As far as WWJD ...I agree it's a good means to check one's moral compass.. so start checking, huh ?  I check mine..you check yours... OK ? :)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2011, 06:10:07 AM »
Death penalty, maybe and only when we reach the point when we are 100% sure 100% of the time that person is guilty and there are no biases to its application. So far we are not there yet.
GuzziJohn

One of your posts that I can "Second" ;)
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.