Author Topic: Price check on used SB1 shotguns  (Read 855 times)

Offline wganz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Price check on used SB1 shotguns
« on: December 23, 2011, 06:41:18 AM »
Saw a couple of SB1 12GA on a local board that was offered for $75/each?  Is this a typical price?

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Re: Price check on used SB1 shotguns
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 07:43:32 AM »
That's a pretty decent price...Of course, it depends on condition.  I am assuming that they are a fixed choke, bead sited barrel.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 08:20:03 AM »
I'm used to paying between $50.00 and $75.00 used.  Walmart markets them a few miles from here for $121.00 new.  The only problem with mailing them, is the firearm transfers will cost almost as much as the gun.  But a local purchase for $75.00 is fair.

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline hunterwinco

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 01:46:15 PM »
I bought a 12 mod. and a 20 mod. two weeks ago.  1991 and 1996 guns with schnable (spellling?) forends.  They looked like brand NEW and I gave the guy 175.00 for the pair.  I was happy and my son will be too when he opens the 20 gauge Christmas morning!  ;D

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 01:56:13 PM »
Hunterwinco

That sounds like a good price for a pair of nice ones. Most I see in the pawn shops are wellll used. But when they drop the prices to $50 or so, then a little elbow grease makes them worth while.

Lonny

Offline hunterwinco

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 04:57:59 PM »
I had been seeing a bunch of NEF shotguns lately here in our local want ads for 75.00-125.00.  Then I got the bug for another 20 gauge for my son to use, so I ran an ad stating that I was looking for a reasonably price "pardner"....got a phone call day after the ad ran from a guy who had those two for sale.  He said they looked like new and he had the box for one of them.  I figured for 175.00, I'd buy the 20 for my son and keep the 12 as a utility gun at my camp.  When I saw them I was very pleased as they were cherry with not so much as a scratch in those beautiful pallet wood stocks and even had the old style forend that I like.  My wife just rolled her eyes and muttered something about having enough guns in the safe... ::)   I think these were "handis" number 7 and 8! ;D   

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 06:24:18 PM »
The NEF/H&R Pardner shotguns go from $100 and up around here depending on the condition of the guns, and the gauges.  I was at a local swap in August and some guys were asking for $125 for some beat up Pardners in 12Ga.  I could see $125 for one in excellent shape, but for a beat up one?  No thanks. 
I guess the price really depends on the area, you're in.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline keith44

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 08:41:47 PM »
hmmm, I just gave $100 for two 20 ga barrels, now I'm wondering if I paid too much

keep em talkin' while I reload
Life member NRA

Offline STUMPJMPR

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 02:15:56 AM »
hmmm, I just gave $100 for two 20 ga barrels, now I'm wondering if I paid too much

You can buy a brand new Pardner from Dicks for $119.  I quit buying barrels in my opinion its not worth it.  You can get one from H&R fitted for around $55+ fitting and shiping I think.  I would rather buy a new gun.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 03:32:30 AM »
$100 shipped and in your hand for two decent 20  gauge barrels in the configuration you wanted or like is a decent price. You did not do badly at all, in fact, you did pretty well....<><.... :)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline keith44

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 05:11:13 AM »
yes that was the shipped price, so I guess it wasn't a bad deal.  Besides I wanted a project barrel
keep em talkin' while I reload
Life member NRA

Offline jpshaw

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 02:19:30 AM »
I check the pawn shops in April.  That's based on folks pawning them after season and the shop holding them for the required time before putting them out for sale.