Author Topic: Shotgun Adapters?  (Read 37049 times)

Offline Itsricmo

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Shotgun Adapters?
« Reply #180 on: May 15, 2013, 03:47:47 PM »
There is a plethora of useful and helpful information available on GBO.. but very touchy users IMHO... When someone says openly "...that is a healthy attitude when on the internet..." you cannot blame me at all for double checking with the company that makes the adapter and continuing my research. I even questioned my own findings when drawing them up as a blueprint in a AutoDESK Inventor... No Harm. No Foul. I am not going to make this a huge argument over you disagreeing with my initial interest on this subject and then taking all precautions to insure I was getting the right information. Here will be my closing statement for my discussion in this thread:

** I thank everyone for their information they shared. It showed to be spot on and I appreciate it. Sorry to the few individuals who got offended... **

Sincerely,
Rick

Offline evidrine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #181 on: May 29, 2013, 07:09:57 AM »
i know this is a zombie thread but i wanted to keep all the info on adapters in here.....

i have a 12ga

can i nest all these and still have them all work

12-20
20-410
410-22lr

im envisioning all of them nesting together in the storage forarm taking up the space of 1 12ga shell would they all work together? i.e. could i fire 22 in my 12ga with a whole stack of adaptors?

ill be ordering from
http://www.gunadapters.com/categories/Shotgun-Adapters/12-gauge/

I am not sure if anyone answered your question yet, I havent read that far. But, yes they will. I have shot all of the ones listed above stacked together and they work fine. I would reccomend not storing them that way unless you keep them oiled. The ones I have are not aluminum and the gun powder reisdue will make the rust if your not careful. A little whip down with oil fixes this. Mine are from shotrlane.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #182 on: May 29, 2013, 07:29:53 AM »
My 410 to 12 adapter is longer than a 3.5 inch shell.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline jedman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
  • Retired and livin the dream !
« Reply #183 on: July 04, 2021, 03:08:35 AM »
 I have been playing with homemade adapters for quite a while and they can be very accurate.
Just recently I picked up a original Trapdoor Springfield Carbine and really don’t want to shoot it with 45-70 ammo and got a idea.  Being the breech isn’t able to be able to put in a long adapter in I did some experiments and found I can get one that’s 3 5/8” long in the chamber. I have all the necessary materials laying around to make a adapter in 32 H&R magnum so that’s what I plan to make . At first I will leave the outer rim removed where the ejector is so the adapter can stay in the gun after each firing and just make a small recess under the 32 H&R rim to use a small screw driver ground down to pick out the fired cases.

If it turns out to be accurate and worth doing I can make a ejector that will exchange with the 45-70 ejector that will pop out the small 32 casings. Since my eyesight isn’t all that great for shooting iron sights , if I can hit a 6” gong at 50 yards with the adapter in the carbine I will consider it a success.

jedman
Current handi family, 24 ga./ 58 cal ,50-70,  45 smokeless MZ, 44 belted bodeen, 44 mag,.375 H&R (wildcat),375 Win.,357 max, .340 MF ( wildcat ), 8 mm Lebel, 8x57, .303 British, 270 x 57 R,(wildcat) 256 Win Mag, 2 x 243 Win,2 x 223 Rem. 7-30 Waters &20ga.,

Offline gene_225

• A Real Regular
« Reply #184 on: July 04, 2021, 05:08:01 AM »
I have a number purchased from various outfits, some are better than others. The smooth bore don't do very well even at 25 yds. I have some that are good in one shotgun but not in another one. It is kind of pot-luck unless you make your own and make them fit your gun well. I have a friend that has done that, but the adapters he makes won't fit my shotgun even though they are the same make and model. Like all gun stuff, it is in the details and the fit.
Old Old x 1 View List

Offline jedman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
  • Retired and livin the dream !
« Reply #185 on: July 04, 2021, 02:50:49 PM »
Gene,   Your absolutely right there about the fit. I didn’t go into the details but what I will do with this one is to start with a chamber cast with cerrosafe and it will fit the gun a snug as possible and will not have any clearance to move when the firing pin strikes the cartridge. I am going to make it from a piece of a 308 barrel so it will be 30 cal. Instead of 32 and the reamer I have is a chucking reamer I have used to make others in 32 S&W long and is also a tad undersize but works great with bullets no larger than .310.

jedman
Current handi family, 24 ga./ 58 cal ,50-70,  45 smokeless MZ, 44 belted bodeen, 44 mag,.375 H&R (wildcat),375 Win.,357 max, .340 MF ( wildcat ), 8 mm Lebel, 8x57, .303 British, 270 x 57 R,(wildcat) 256 Win Mag, 2 x 243 Win,2 x 223 Rem. 7-30 Waters &20ga.,

Offline sert01

• NRA Life Member Past Rescue 40 SRRT member
« Reply #186 on: September 20, 2021, 07:43:52 AM »
Chaszels, Chiappa, Short Lane , and Shooter's Box all sell different length adapters in many different calibers. I've had many but get the rifled adapters. The smooth bores are next to useless.