Author Topic: Primers  (Read 372 times)

Offline cybin

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Contributor
Primers
« on: December 25, 2011, 03:45:33 PM »
Any of you guys have any experience with Magtech,or Sellier & Bellot or Wolf Primers? Grafs and Sons wants about $30.00 for 1000 for Winchester , Remington, and Federal Primers--but only about $22.00 for the mags -sellers--and wolf's. (small pistol primers I'm talking about).

I have never used any but the top 3 and CCI before--but $8.00 per 1000 difference will add up when I go shopping later this week.

I have had real good luck with Sellier & Bellot ammo before---so-so luck with Magtech ammo--and no experience with Wolf ammo at all.

Appreciate your opinions.

cybin

Offline 223Pitbull

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Primers
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 04:38:51 PM »
I have no experience with Magtech or S&B, but I have shot lot’s of Wolf (LP, LPM, SP, SR & SRM) without issues (as long as they are seated properly). Wolf primers tend to be a little harder to seat…………..also PV sales them for about $15.50/K.

Offline res45

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 05:18:22 PM »
Never seen or had the opportunity to try and Magtech or S & B primers but shot lots of the Wolf/Tula primer in various sizes with no issues in several pistol and rifles. 

I like Graf but I buy my Primers and Powder from Powder Valley.  Even having to pay hazmat and shipping I save money over other retailers even local when I buy 5k primers and two or three lbs. of powder from PV.
Linux Mint Mate 15

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 01:29:51 AM »
From what i understand they all of those three come off the same assembly line. Ive used wolf and have had mixed results with them and would only buy them again if they were all i could find.
blue lives matter

Offline revbc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (94)
    • NewLife Worship Center
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 03:31:27 AM »
+1 with what Pitbull said.  I have used the Tula/Wolf with no issues.  Just be sure to take a carpenter's pencil and lube the primer pocket with it, they'll slip right in.  They do fit a little tighter than CCI.  I'm sure the S&B's are good primers.
Pastor, NewLife Worship Center
(Retired) Automotive Technology Instructor, West Feliciana High School
Avid Shooter, Hunter, Fisherman and owner of Handi Rifles