Author Topic: Thanks to someone at H&R  (Read 413 times)

Offline Ranger J

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Thanks to someone at H&R
« on: December 26, 2011, 11:30:37 AM »
While rearranging things in my gun room I ran accross a length of copper tubing I cut a number of years ago to fill with lead and insert in the bolt hole of my Handi to reduce recoill  with heavier caliber bullets.  Originally I had filled the hole with some 74cal. Brown Bess musket balls in cotten cloth.  I had been meaning to replace these for a long time and as I had the tubing in hand I wanted to make sure it was the right size and length.  When I removed the recoil pad I got a real surprise.The musket balls had dissipeared and in their place was a length of black round iron stock.  It was the perfect size and was held in by a screw.  Over the years I had sent the stock back about three times to have additional barrels fitted on it and the only thing I can guess was that the change was done then.  M 59 was scribbled on the inside of the stock??  I'm not complaining, just surprised.  Thanks to someone.  It saves me some work.

RJ

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Thanks to someone at H&R
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 11:52:58 AM »
That kind of service is par for the course from H&R, hard to beat!  BTW, that stock weight has been used for several years, lots of folks have mentioned it, it's even in the FAQs.  ;)

Tim

PARDNER SHOTGUN STOCK WEIGHT

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,246856.msg1099429354.html#msg1099429354
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain