Author Topic: Taurus 218 Bee ? Anyone had experience with one?  (Read 389 times)

Offline Jim Stacy

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Contributor
Taurus 218 Bee ? Anyone had experience with one?
« on: January 17, 2004, 01:30:17 PM »
I looked at a 218 Bee at a gunshow in Charleston today and thought it might be a fun combo but would like to know if any one of you have any experience with this set up. I am familiar with the bottle necked rounds in a revolver causing trouble from a 22 Jet . Any comments would be appreciated.

Offline tenzilla

• Trade Count: (0)
Taurus 218 Bee ? Anyone had experience with
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 12:42:27 PM »
Jim,

I posted a reply in the Taurus Handguns section of this forum.  I just bought a Raging Bee about a week ago.  I haven`t sighted it in yet because of crappy, bitter cold weather...but I did run a cylinder full(8 shots) through it to make sure it goes boom.  Indeed it does.  I have a Ruger #1 in .218 Bee, and I`ve always thought the Bee is a cool little cartridge.  I have 2 pet loads I use for the rifle, and I`m gonna see how accurate they shoot in this revolver.  Time will tell on the reliability issue, but I believe with the tight cylinder fit, and double lock up design, that the problems the .22 Jet had won`t be an issue with this gun.    Post the news if you do get that one!  Happy shooting either way.   :grin: tenzilla
terminal ballistics---facts caused by the whacks