Author Topic: Can Paul Beat Obama?  (Read 1959 times)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Can Paul Beat Obama?
« on: January 01, 2012, 07:42:30 PM »
Some information for those who think Paul has little chance of beating Obama!

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/10395-paul-attracting-iowa-independents-and-democrats
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline LunaticFringeInc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Can Paul Beat Obama?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 11:10:56 PM »
Thats well and good but he isnt very well supported by his own party and is unlikely to get much in the way of support from democrats, whats going to keep him from being neutered during his 4 years in office if he is elected?  Dont get me wrong, I like the guy a lot and even if I didnt like him that much I would support anyone that can beat Obama in 2012!  Sometimes a major victory starts as a series of small wins.

Offline Val

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 04:30:44 AM »
Ron Paul will never get the Republican nomination. Although I agree with most of his positions on the Domestic front, his isolationist position on the International front is his downfall. In this Global economy where the economic health of the world is interlinked isolationism is not possible.  The lunatic fringe liberals, so called environmentalist, use the liberal court system from allowing the US from developing our resources so we can become energy independant. It appears that Ron Paul is not a friend of Israel (he seems to be in Obama's court on this issue). He apparently will do nothing to keep the culturally retarded Muslims from continueing to overtake the world. Ron Paul is just not a viable choice for the Republican nomination.
Hunting and fishing are not matters of life or death. They are much more important than that.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 05:56:47 AM »
Ron Paul will never get the Republican nomination.
The bubblehead may or may not be right (prob right)
Although I agree with most of his positions on the Domestic front, his isolationist position on the International front is his downfall.
The term 'Isolationist' puts stink on otherwise useful ideas. Maybe we could use 'non-imperialist' or 'non-world's cop' instead?
Can Paul Beat Obama?
I don't know. If he gets nominated... he might. Head-to-head, comparing ideas, not just slogans (he's an isolationist & a racist! vs He's a Mooslim Manchurian Candidate Commie!) and Dr Paul just might win.

I'll vote for him, given the opportunity.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 11:40:13 AM »
I fear Ron Paul doesnt have the empty substanceless flash to appeal to the brain dead masses like the Obama does. He probably cant read a teleprompter with the expertise and skill of the Obama either.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 08:46:40 AM »
IMO he can't.
Even Romney who is the pick from the Republican establishment will be hard pressed to win.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 09:05:14 AM »
IMO he can't.
Even Romney who is the pick from the Republican establishment will be hard pressed to win.

Romney CAN'T beat Obama. Stats show that in a head to head race he comes out behind by over 20 percentage points.

Paul on the other hand CAN beat the O'boy according to recent stats. Paul pulls voters from across the spectrum, old, young, independent, liberal, libertarian, conservative.....his message reverberates with those who have seen what big government and constant wars have done to this nation.`

The "war on drugs" is an abject failure, our intervention in other nations wars has gained us no friends, and made us lots of enemies, the single largest employer in this country is the government..........it's time to change....not "hope and change" just real change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 09:40:44 AM »
Ron Paul is not a Republican, he is a Liberaterian running on the Republican ticket.  His foreign policy will sink him.  75& of the swing voters, and a bunch of the true Republicans, will vote for Obama over Paul.  Paul scares far too many people.

He's a loose cannon. 

Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 10:00:41 AM »
Ron Paul is not a Republican, he is a Liberaterian running on the Republican ticket.  His foreign policy will sink him.  75& of the swing voters, and a bunch of the true Republicans, will vote for Obama over Paul.  Paul scares far too many people.

He's a loose cannon.

ROFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Sorry.......most American are less concerned with foreign policy than the economy and the state of overbloated government right now!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 10:59:49 AM »
Well tonight we will get the first of results that will tell what is going on with the public.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 11:02:27 AM »
I'm not sure Obama can be beaten by anyone running at this point.  They are all losers.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Gary G

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 11:07:31 AM »

He's a loose cannon.
At one time, the thing that distinguished the Republican party from the Democrats was the libertarian influence within the party. Now, besides Ron Paul, there is nothing that distinguishes between the two parties. Both parties would beat into submission any people that disagrees with them and let it be known that you will pay for it, economically that is.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Gary G

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 11:15:47 AM »
Ron Paul will never get the Republican nomination. Although I agree with most of his positions on the Domestic front, his isolationist position on the International front is his downfall. In this Global economy where the economic health of the world is interlinked isolationism is not possible.  The lunatic fringe liberals, so called environmentalist, use the liberal court system from allowing the US from developing our resources so we can become energy independant. It appears that Ron Paul is not a friend of Israel (he seems to be in Obama's court on this issue). He apparently will do nothing to keep the culturally retarded Muslims from continueing to overtake the world. Ron Paul is just not a viable choice for the Republican nomination.
R. P. is not an isolationist. That comes from media telling you what to think. Ron Paul wants free trade with all nations. It is the policy of Jefferson to avoid entanglements with all foreign countries and friendly trade with them all so far as is possible.

The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Gary G

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 11:22:47 AM »
Like I said before, this is a battle between liberty and freedom (Ron Paul) verses empire building (the others). The growth of won leads to the diminish of the other.

If it is Paul vs O-bomb-ya, then people have the same choice. Given this, most will choose freedom over slavery.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 03:42:41 PM »

He's a loose cannon.

I have a really tough time imagining that any of your so called "True Republicans" could vote for Obama and live with themselves afterwards.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 09:51:15 AM »
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Casull

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 10:33:56 AM »
Well, he couldn't beat Romney or Santorum.  But, the RP supporters will just put their fingers in their ears and go "la la la la la".    ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 10:42:39 AM »
Well, he couldn't beat Romney or Santorum.  But, the RP supporters will just put their fingers in their ears and go "la la la la la".    ::)
Should I read this as, if a candidate doesn't come in first in the first primary, their supporters of that candidate are... sticking their fingers in their ears? Should bail out immediately? Change their view? What?

Are your comments in any way related to the content of the video I posted? Looking for clarity, here..

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 11:04:11 AM »

Not hardly! The kind of people that vote for Ron Paul will continue to work even harder for the only candidate in this Mock election worth a vote!Most of the people who vote for these Conservative imposters will continue to show their ignorance and flap their lips like a dummy at the hands of the ventriloquist(Mainstream Media) Truth be known, he probably finished first anyway! Even if he finished a close third, that's pretty amazing for a man who has had to fight his own party since day one!

Not aiming this at anyone in particular you know! ::)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Gary G

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 11:05:28 AM »
Yes, worth watching Yellow. Reinhart and Rogoff have shown through historical economic analysis over 800 yesrs that when debt surpasses 90% GDP, growth slows and countries reaching this point invariably must default on their debt or hyperinflate, both of which are dire consequences. The US started this new year at 103% debt to GDP. It is more when you take in the off book debt such as the GSEs. The writing is on the wall.  http://www.amazon.com/This-Time-Different-Centuries-Financial/dp/0691142165

How did we get in such a predicament? Wars and welfare spending.

Ron Paul is right! If we had only listened to Jefferson and Washington. Some consider Paul extreme. That shows how far the American people have drifted from the ideology that this country was built upon.

Some, out of fear, want to blow up more countries. Those people are making us weaker. When the soldiers are out of the fort, the fort becomes more vulnerable. The government cannot make you safe. If you believe they can, why do you have locks on your doors.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 11:09:27 AM »
The money spent on wars amounted to very little and created many jobs.  Ron Paul is unelectable.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Casull

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 11:18:27 AM »
Truth be known, he probably finished first anyway!

Of course he did.     ::)

Even if he finished a close third, that's pretty amazing for a man who has had to fight his own party since day one!

If you consider a third place finish in a Republican primary "amazing", then how can you seriously think he would beat obama in a general election?  I know I'm setting myself up for attack, as anyone who questions RP's ability to win an election (not his views, but his chances of actually winning) is considered un-American by several here.  But, I'm not talking about what the voters "should do" or what "Jefferson would have done", but about reality and what the majority of Americans WILL do now.  And, it's my opinion (based on looking at past elections and listening to people) that RP would NOT beat obama.  So, let the attack dogs have at it.  Oh, and this also isn't directed at anyone in particular.    ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline NWBear

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 11:26:54 AM »
The Iowa Caucus is famous for predicting who will NOT win the nomination and who will NOT be elected president.

The money spent on wars amounted to very little and created many jobs.  Ron Paul is unelectable.

It cost a lot in terms of Money - all unfunded by any off setting taxes - as well as lives lost and permanently altered.
Of course it was good for job creation at Haliburton, I hope the VP (Cheney) got a good bonus.  In addition it was probably good for undertaking, and long term medical providers.
God Bless all who served and especially those who gave all, theirs was a high price indeed.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 11:44:03 AM »
My son served there twice.  The wars created millions of American jobs all over the country, and they were inexpensive compared to all the socialist programs we have to pay for.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 12:14:11 PM »
I just have a hard time believing that a country that put Obama into office is going to do a 180 and put someone like Paul into office. Paul is the exact opposite of Obama. Maybe if the welfare recipients were not allowed to vote I would change my mind. I hope I'm wrong, because I would love to see someone as conservative minded as Paul get elected, but I just can't see it happening with so many voters looking for free housing, welfare, food, medical care, and any other goodies that government hands out. I know every citizen has the right to vote, but geez it just don't seem right that people can vote money out of tax payers pockets.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2012, 02:05:46 PM »
Interestingly enough, Paul handily won the most liberal counties in Iowa.....which also happen to be the most heavily populated counties.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2012, 02:51:41 PM »
I know I'm setting myself up for attack, as anyone who questions RP's ability to win an election (not his views, but his chances of actually winning) is considered un-American by several here.

Oh, don't let those folks bother you - we got all kinds. Heck, we've got some who don't believe that there are any American Muslims or patriotic gay soldiers - you don't take them seriously either, do you?

no attackin' from this quarter....

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 02:55:37 PM »
Ron Paul won one of the 3 tickets in Iowa.  He's huge among young voters (sound familiar?  Obama maybe?)  And he's the only pro constitution, anti spending GOP candidate.  And still, when our country is spiraling out of control in spending and debt, you guys say that Ron Paul's foreign policy is what is making him unelectable? 

I have news for you... WE CANNOT AFFORD TO GIVE FORIEGN AID!  To any country!  Period.  We can't afford these wars were in.  We can't afford to keep bailing out companies that are "to big to fail."  The capitalist system dictates that if a company can't run itself in a profitable fashion, then they are doomed to fail.  We can't afford to not wake up and accept the fact that we as a people have fail in our jobs to control the government.

The days of finger pointing are over.  I'm a young voter and it's very easy to realize that the majority of my elders fell asleep.  You keep hearing politicians say that "your grandchildren are the ones that are going to have to split the bill for the decisions made..."  I am one of those grandchildren! Long story short here.  Ron Paul is the only candidate that is trying to put the brakes on our decent into socialism.  He's the only one the realizes that we HAVE to cut spending immediately in order to fix this mess.  And he's the only candidate out there trying to patch up our eroding constitution. 
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline Casull

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 03:07:15 PM »
Singleshotsam, I don't think it just your elders that "fell asleep".  Remember, the young voters were some of the strongest supporters of obama, and helped put us where we are right now.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline powderman

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2012, 04:28:29 PM »
Singleshotsam, I don't think it just your elders that "fell asleep".  Remember, the young voters were some of the strongest supporters of obama, and helped put us where we are right now.

CASULL. YEP, sure did. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm