Author Topic: Number 1 US EXPORT ..... Fuel !!!!!  (Read 621 times)

Offline NWBear

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Number 1 US EXPORT ..... Fuel !!!!!
« on: January 02, 2012, 07:30:02 AM »
According to the US Census the number 1 export in 2011 (through October) was fuel!!!!  Gasoline, Diesel, etc.
I am beginning to feel that much like the "security theater" of the TSA, Patriot Act etc. we are really being lead down the garden path.
I thought I was a fairly informed person, but now....
At least Adam Smiths "invisible hand" is at work, directing the product to the highest bidder.  But let's not imagine we really don't have enough oil.
If we have enough oil AND refinery capacity to make fuel the #1 export - ???  Who's zooming who.
NWBear

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Number 1 US EXPORT ..... Fuel !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 07:34:54 AM »
Link please?
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline NWBear

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular

Offline buffermop

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 08:38:08 AM »
Yeah, lets sell them our fuel as well as giving them all foreign aid.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 09:57:49 AM »
Usabelli Coal Mine exports Millions of tons of coal every year.   It all goes to Pacific Rim Countries, Korea, Japan, Phillipines, China, and Southeast Asia countries.  Yet they (The EPA) are trying to force us not to use it here in the US.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 10:01:11 AM »
Yep, we sell far more coal overseas than we use.  A lot goes to Europe also.  Chemicals are no. 2 behind fuels.  Don't know how much food is exported.   

Offline Gary G

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 10:59:56 AM »
Those who say no pipeline sure can't think for themselves. They say it will mean more pollutants in the air. So, as the American people suffer their decisions, China buys the oil and the pollutants get in the air.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat