Author Topic: Do i keep the black plastic piece from my forearm i sold(tracker II)  (Read 955 times)

Offline ThomasL

• Trade Count: (1)
I just received payment from my buyer on my stock forearm and buttstock.The forearm has a plastic black piece with two phillips screws,do i need to remove this and save for the boyds front forearm that it replaces.I do believe there is a different bolt than the one in the factory wood that is shorter for the thumbhole stock,quick help please,i am trying to ship it to him today.

Offline TNBilly

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Do i keep the black plastic piece from my forearm i sold(tracker II)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 07:58:13 AM »
Far as I've ever seen the spacers stay with the forearm.  That's my opinion also.  You always ship as displayed anyhow unless there's a disclaimer.
America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.”        Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 08:05:29 AM »
Spacer should go with the foreend you sold.  When a foreend or stock is sold w/o all the necessary hardware it is the common practice to note that at the time of the listing.   You can buy another spacer, IIRC Brownells or from H&R, I think they are less than $10.
BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 09:42:44 AM »
I agree, unless specified, and normally/usually, the forearm spacer goes with the forearm when it is sold. Would you take the tires off a car after you sold it without mentioning that to the person who bought the car before you sold it?....<><.... :)

IF you took the spacer off you should credit the buyer with enough to replace it or buy your own (what you should do really, buy your own, don't take his AFTER you sold it to him)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline ThomasL

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 09:42:44 AM »
About the time i wrote this topic i called boyds and they told me that the piece would NOT come with the forearm and that i would need to remove it to place on the new product.They did say the bolt would be supplied with the new buttstock which would be shorter.

Offline TNBilly

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 11:06:33 AM »
Seems to be a disconnect - your purchase from Boyds has nothing to do with the sale you have taken money for, for the old forearm. 
America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.”        Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline spikehorn

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 09:46:45 AM »
+1 with all the rest. Unless stated in the OP the spacer goes with the fore end.
308 win                 45-70                       12ga         
30-30                    223 stainless steel   20ga TDC
44 mag                  Tracker II 20ga        20ga
45-70 Manlicher     20ga USH                28ga
                                                              410ga

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 01:06:00 PM »
Well buddy, you asked for our input and we gave it. What did you do? Did you do the right thing and send the forearm spacer with the stock and forearm you sold or did you take it off and keep it for yourself? I would like to know so I can decide if I am willing to deal with you in the future...This is the time to do the right thing and start a good reputation for honesty and trustworthiness...Thanks in advance for your answer....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline ThomasL

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 08:07:45 AM »
MSP RET,for you the topic was simply to ask if boyds came with the piece or not,and for what i found,rear stock,forearm,then a sling would cost well over 40.00 shipping included if you had to buy it from H@R...That being said i have already made contact with the buyer and he said he was replacing a synthetic he didn't like and had the piece,but i did offer to him to either ship mine or buy another.One thing i will say to others who are thinking about upgrading stocks,if it is meant to ship the spacer with the forearm,cost for that part alone plus shipping to get it to you will be 15-20 dollars,then by the time you pay to ship them off which for me was 10.00,if you sold it for 40.00 then your net profit would be 15 dollars,not to mention the money it cost to drive to a shipping destination.Its best to ask more or simply remove hardware and put the stock and forearm in your burn barrell and light her up.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 08:25:34 AM »
I have bought a lot of wood from the H&R classifieds and have never received a fore end without the spacer.  I would say that it is expected without question that the spacer is included in the sale of the forearm.

It is also to be expected that when you purchase a forearm from say Boyd's or like I did from GSI, that the spacer will not be included.  But they are easily available from H&R or, I'll bet, a member here would send you one for free if you asked...

The burn barrel remark is just wrong.  It's not always about net profit...

Sorry, sometimes I just can't keep my mouth shut.   :-[
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 08:55:17 AM »
MSP RET,for you the topic was simply to ask if boyds came with the piece or not,and for what i found,rear stock,forearm,then a sling would cost well over 40.00 shipping included if you had to buy it from H@R...That being said i have already made contact with the buyer and he said he was replacing a synthetic he didn't like and had the piece,but i did offer to him to either ship mine or buy another.One thing i will say to others who are thinking about upgrading stocks,if it is meant to ship the spacer with the forearm,cost for that part alone plus shipping to get it to you will be 15-20 dollars,then by the time you pay to ship them off which for me was 10.00,if you sold it for 40.00 then your net profit would be 15 dollars,not to mention the money it cost to drive to a shipping destination.Its best to ask more or simply remove hardware and put the stock and forearm in your burn barrell and light her up.
ThomasL- The greatest things about buying from each other on this site, is the fact that most of us are in it not for profit, and that we try our best to inform the buyer about what we are selling.   If you felt you needed to charge more for the stock set, then you should have asked for more. 

I have sold things on this site, that when the shipping charges were figured in, meant that I lost money, but I honored the agreement we (the buyer & I) had.  I should have checked on the shipping charges before, I posted my price.  I may have lost money, but I kept my word, and my reputation.

I agree with AtlLaw, the comment about the burn barrel shouldn't have been said.  I'm glad you worked out your deal to the satisfaction of both you and the seller. 

There, doesn't that feel better?
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 10:42:06 AM »
Question - "Do I keep the black plastic piece from my forearm I sold(tracker II)"

Body of post - "  I just received payment from my buyer on my stock forearm and buttstock.The forearm has a plastic black piece with two phillips screws,do i need to remove this and save for the boyds front forearm that it replaces.I do believe there is a different bolt than the one in the factory wood that is shorter for the thumbhole stock,quick help please,i am trying to ship it to him today."

Answer (very simplified with no helpful explainations) - no you do not keep it, the black spacer is part of the forearm and goes with it.

There, I know I feel better now....<><.... :)

Offline zoner

• Trade Count: (53)
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 11:47:31 AM »
i've bought a few stocks and forends here but never bought a forend without the spacer attached. It's part of the forend.

Offline spooked

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 02:14:28 PM »
Board member here recently sold me a buttstock at a bargain price, I know he couldn't even have bought a decent meal out for him and his wife(or girlfriend ;D )
after he shipped it to me..But if he is ever in this part of the world and needs a little hand I stand ready.. :)
Lost between sunrise and sunset yesterday-one golden hour...never to be found or reclaimed:-(

Offline yukondog

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (43)
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 06:15:20 AM »
I agree with all above, the forend is sold as a hole unit unless otherwise stated.
As far as the burn barrel get yourself a pack hotdogs and have a H&R winnie roast. ;D
an unloaded wepon is equal to the same mass and volume as a rock.

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 01:05:21 PM »
Ethics, or lack of them, are what you do when nobody is watching.......
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 03:36:48 AM »
 Just a thought ThomasL (becareful of  the PIF forum) We give stuff away there and we pay the shipping ;) . Zero dollars in return. But it helps folks that can not pay.

I have lost money on selling things. But I figured if I didn't need the stuff, it was better to get something out of it. That is better than tossing it.

Lonny

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 09:06:14 AM »

The fact is you offered up a complete piece, the guy paid you for a complete piece and then you decided you didn't want to bite the bullet on the cost of a spacer so you screwed the buyer over and kept yours. Guys like you usually get weeded out pretty quick around here. I know I won't ever deal with you. ;)
Out of all the wheelin' and dealin' I've seen and been a part of around here this is the first time I've seen something like this... and hopefully the last. ::)

Spanky

Offline jpshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 11:26:18 AM »
I too have bought forearms from here.  They all came with spacers as I expected them to.