Author Topic: Official H&R and NEF Shotgun picture thread.  (Read 4079 times)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Official H&R and NEF Shotgun picture thread.
« on: January 03, 2012, 03:12:06 PM »
Let's see them.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline tacklebury

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Central Michigan
Re: Official H&R and NEF Shotgun picture thread.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 03:24:06 PM »
Here's my 12 GA Turkey Gun.  ;)

Tacklebury --}>>>>>    Multi-Barrel: .223 Superlite, 7mm-08 22", .30-40 Krag M158, .357 Maximum 16-1/4 HB, .45 Colt, .45-70 22" irons, 32" .45-70 Peeps, 12 Ga. 3-1/2 w/ Chokes, .410 Smooth slugger, .45 Cal Muzzy, .50 Cal Muzzy, .58 Cal Muzzy

also classics: M903 9-shot Target .22 Revolver, 1926 .410 Single, 1915 38 S&W Break top Revolver and 7-shot H&R Trapper .22 6" bbl.

Offline Yak Angler

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 04:48:15 PM »
Here's one,

I am currently re-doing the stocks on this one, the synthics are now gone and the factory pallet wood is on the 6th coat of tru-oil, in a few more coats i will post an update. Lets call this one a before photo.

Offline smokehouserex

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 05:35:50 PM »

Hello Adam-R:
  The rifle is fine but,,,,,,,,,,what about that rack? Did you harvest it? Is it a shed pick-up, or what?
  Good pic.
  HM

Offline Yak Angler

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 04:43:36 PM »
Ok so here is the finished 20 gauge shorty, the pallet wood stocks were stripped of the factory finish and hit with 10 coats of tru-oil for protection. The grain didn't come through as well as I hoped in the photo's likely do to lighting and camera issues but here goes. Overall length is 32.5"

Oh the 1/2 rack in the prior photo is a shed. found both sets within 2 feet of one another. Most of the mature whitetails in my area run 8-10 points and 250-300 pounds. Big corn feed monsters. Next year this 20 gauge will hopefully have a pic beside one as I have access to a property so full of deer it would sicken most of you, so I think I might try the 20 gauge next year if it gives decent accuracy with slugs to 75 yards. That i will be testing after the winter coyote season ends and i have time to hit the range.

Offline dannyfro

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 06:06:04 PM »
Adam those stocks look a lot better than factory! How short is that barrel? Did you cut it or have a smith do it? Thanks I think that looks like a perfect deer stopper. I have a smooth bore 12 gauge that puts em down like lightening. Thanks for the pics.

Dan

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 04:58:31 AM »

OK, I'll play.  This might be on the forum somewhere else buried so I will share again.  The only thing I might change on this gun is the scope mounts to see if I can lower the scope just a hair.  I am hesitant to do so because this slugger has not changed POA or POI since dialing in that scope the first season I used her.  That would be about 10 years ago...This one is a tank as all Ultra Sluggers are.  My friends call it the boat anchor...Included where you cannot see it is a Mercury Recoil Suppressor.  I had it custom cut to length so that it fit perfectly in the butt stock bolt hole.  It helps more than that weight that H&R included with the gun initially...This Slugger shoots Lightfield Hybred EXP 2 3/4" shells into a nice tight group.  I've never measured the group but it has never had a problem taking a whitetail down.  Too bad those Hybred Sabots jumped up so much in price...They used to be a relative bargain.  Now they are as much as some of the speed burner sabots...Jeesh.

and, here is my NEF 10GA Turkey Thumper...Nothing fancy.  Plain Jane straight ahead 10GA Thunder.  I did add an aftermarket Hastings choke tube as well as a Tru-Glo Star Brite fiber optic bead site.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline spikehorn

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 09:35:15 AM »
Here are afew of mine, first is a 20ga TDC, then a 22" modified 20ga. and a Tracker II 20ga
308 win                 45-70                       12ga         
30-30                    223 stainless steel   20ga TDC
44 mag                  Tracker II 20ga        20ga
45-70 Manlicher     20ga USH                28ga
                                                              410ga

Offline Yak Angler

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 11:36:06 AM »
Adam those stocks look a lot better than factory! How short is that barrel? Did you cut it or have a smith do it? Thanks I think that looks like a perfect deer stopper. I have a smooth bore 12 gauge that puts em down like lightening. Thanks for the pics.

Dan

Hi Dan

I cut the barrel myself to 19" and the stock was cut about 1.5" shorter than factory length about a 12.5 LOP give or take

Offline dannyfro

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 06:40:54 PM »
Well it looks like you did a damn fine job!

Dan

Offline Yak Angler

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 01:27:07 PM »
Thanks for the kind words,

BB twisted my arm after I saw the results of his post a few weeks ago regarding a rifled barrel that he shortned himself.

Speaking of BB where are your photo's  ;D  I know you have a bunch of them.

Offline smokehouserex

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 01:52:43 PM »

Hello Adam_R:
  I like the shorty 20ga.stock. Looks like there may be a good grain pattern under there, looks good. I am planning to refinish a 20ga. with 20" bbl. and was thinking about a lite color  stain of some flavor. I got it for 60.00 last week, the exterior of the bbl. was rusted and pitted pretty badly so I may paint it. It is a SB1NEF with schnable forend on it and the stock seems to gave a little character to it,,,, we'll see. The reciever is not rusted.
  Enjoyed everyones pics.
  thanks
  HM

Offline dannyfro

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 10:42:19 PM »
Adam that shotgun defines Handi! Your making me have an itch to giver a try.

Dan

Offline Yak Angler

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 07:31:10 AM »
all i can say guys is you won't regret it, I know i didn't. Today was the first time my hunting buddies have seen it since i made the changes and they were impresed. So much so that they are going to cut down there H&R's aswell for next weekends rabbit hunt. After holding that sweet little 20 gauge none of them felt like lugging around there semi-auto and pumps today. ;D

Offline dannyfro

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 07:22:51 PM »
You may have started a new trend.

Dan

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 03:57:21 PM »
I'm going to unsticky this since lots of pics have been posted but not in this thread. I think things get lost in the stickies sometimes.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline jpshaw

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 01:43:38 AM »
Everyone likes nice wood on stocks but my old Partner has some serious flaws.  They weren't  noticable with the factory finish but after I obtained this "Pawn shop wonder" for $45 I started cleaning it up.  After removing rust for an hour I decided to reshape and refinish the stock and forearm.  The wood was almost white without a finish on it.  The outcome was with walnut stain and linseed oil.  I think the flaws actually give it some character.  Oh yeah, I like the English style straight stock.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 02:47:08 AM »
My 16 gauge Mod choke Topper 88, my favorite gun:

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Mad Dog

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 03:01:29 AM »
Here's my little 20 ga.  Bought it last fall, after selling my 410.  Nothing fancy, but a nice squirrel getter.

Mad Dog
Mad Dog

Offline upnut

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 09:04:12 AM »
Don't know how well it'll show up, but here's my Pardner 20 gauge taken during late season grouse hunting in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. We call that area "The Boulders"...

Scott B.

Offline Rodland

• Avid Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 04:02:43 PM »
I think I have got pictures to load now ::)  so I will try.

If this works, this is my 20G shortie. I built the stocks myself and as yet not finished.
Hey it worked!!! :o Maybe I can post some build pics later.
My remember'er is broke, but my forgetter is getting better.

Offline tacklebury

• GBO Supporter
  • Central Michigan
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2012, 04:49:08 PM »
Realized I never put the pic of my .410 in here too!

Tacklebury --}>>>>>    Multi-Barrel: .223 Superlite, 7mm-08 22", .30-40 Krag M158, .357 Maximum 16-1/4 HB, .45 Colt, .45-70 22" irons, 32" .45-70 Peeps, 12 Ga. 3-1/2 w/ Chokes, .410 Smooth slugger, .45 Cal Muzzy, .50 Cal Muzzy, .58 Cal Muzzy

also classics: M903 9-shot Target .22 Revolver, 1926 .410 Single, 1915 38 S&W Break top Revolver and 7-shot H&R Trapper .22 6" bbl.

Offline jpshaw

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2012, 02:53:18 AM »
this is my 20G shortie. I built the stocks myself and as yet not finished

That is so neat.  I really like the full length forearm and all my shotguns have been cut to straight stocks.

Offline Bcrow

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2012, 01:53:15 PM »
My 12 ga camp gun (replaced my Springfield M6 Scout)-
Lots of survival gear stashed in the stock, forend, and vertical grip....

Quick detach led light has been handy out camping....

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2012, 07:21:50 PM »
Ok so here is the finished 20 gauge shorty, the pallet wood stocks were stripped of the factory finish and hit with 10 coats of tru-oil for protection. The grain didn't come through as well as I hoped in the photo's likely do to lighting and camera issues but here goes. Overall length is 32.5"

Oh the 1/2 rack in the prior photo is a shed. found both sets within 2 feet of one another. Most of the mature whitetails in my area run 8-10 points and 250-300 pounds. Big corn feed monsters. Next year this 20 gauge will hopefully have a pic beside one as I have access to a property so full of deer it would sicken most of you, so I think I might try the 20 gauge next year if it gives decent accuracy with slugs to 75 yards. That i will be testing after the winter coyote season ends and i have time to hit the range.
I don't think that's possible to see so many deer that would sicken any of us.  ;D
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2012, 08:51:39 AM »
j3's turkey partner...3.5" witha j2 custom installed xx-full turkey tube ;D
she doubles fora fine long-range dove getter too.....with extended mod choke.

sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline nova71

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2012, 06:24:48 PM »
here's a pic of my 20ga Shorty (it's legal 18 1/4" barrel and total of 29 1/2" closed  :D ) my other NEF shotgun is at the back of the safe, I'll dig it out later for pics  :D
It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. Psalm 118:8 (center of the bible)

Handi-List
 204Ruger, 223Rem, 243Win, 30-30Win,450 Marlin, 44Mag, 357Max, 357Mag, 45-70, 20ga Partner, 20ga shorty.

Offline bodie4

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2012, 04:01:21 AM »
Nova,  I've got essentially the same 20GA shorty I just finished.  What sights are those?  I like em and want them.

Offline nova71

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 04:51:08 AM »
bodie4,   I did mine a couple years back and those sights were in my gun cabinet . I had bought a few of them back in the 80's for use on different shotguns, they were dead on at 65 yards with slugs and fit great, unfortunately they are no longer available  :(  I keep looking on eBay hoping to find some :)
It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. Psalm 118:8 (center of the bible)

Handi-List
 204Ruger, 223Rem, 243Win, 30-30Win,450 Marlin, 44Mag, 357Max, 357Mag, 45-70, 20ga Partner, 20ga shorty.

Offline dannyfro

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2012, 05:22:49 AM »
That looks all mighty Handi alright.

Dan