Poll

Is the US Constitution Outdated and in need of Replacement?

YES
4 (3.5%)
NO
110 (96.5%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Is the US Constitution Outdated and in need of Replacement?  (Read 13680 times)

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
Is the US Constitution Outdated and in need of Replacement?
« on: January 08, 2012, 11:52:54 AM »
What do you think?
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Is the US Constitution Outdated and in need of Replacement?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 12:00:47 PM »
  The Constitution is more up to date now than when it was written.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 12:18:03 PM »
  The Constitution is more up to date now than when it was written.
What he said.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 02:10:16 PM »
The Constitution is a document so well thought out and written that as long as Government stays within the bounds laid out in the Constitution it will NEVER be outdated or replacing. IT IS THE GOVERNMENT THAT NEEDS REPLACING!!!!
Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 02:25:23 PM »
Nothing wrong with the Constitution that can't be fixed by tossing a hundred years of case law out the window.
held fast

Offline wn1951

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 01:25:04 PM »
Even if an arguement could be made that it is out of date, which it is not; who and how could it be revised. We can't get our elected leaders to agree on what is right for breakfast. Why in the world would we want to trust them to revise something that we live by, except for the courts.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 05:29:39 PM »
The only thing I think is outdated in the Constitution is the electorial college.  With our modern technology, I feel a voter in North Dakota should have as much say on who is Presidant as someone from California.  I am not saying that I would trust a Constitutional Convention, however.

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 05:51:37 AM »
I believe it was the Articles of Confederation that stated "life, liberty, property, and the means to defend the same." I may have quote wrong, but I believe that was the statement. That is something I wish had made it into the language of the 2A as it would have in essence provided a national castle doctrine, and a national understanding on carry.
held fast

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 06:35:04 AM »
 Our founding fathers in their God-given wisdom, created a wonderful document and a wonderful way to amend same.  If it needs "fixing", it can be done by the people in the prescribed way.... and it was purposely made difficult.
   If it's not broke...DON'T TRY TO FIX IT !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 10:33:03 AM »
Our founding fathers in their God-given wisdom, created a wonderful document and a wonderful way to amend same.  If it needs "fixing", it can be done by the people in the prescribed way.... and it was purposely made difficult.
the government has been stepping outside the bounds "bounds=Heathers word" of the Constitution for a long time.  It will not change with a new president, or even with a mostly new congress.
so what's the answer?
most know my stand, but I can't march on Washington by myself.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 10:41:29 AM »
so what's the answer?
Retaking the system is the only answer! Right now I still think we can do it without guns but if I am wrong I will gladly march right beside you into Washington.
Matt
― Albert Einstein

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 10:57:17 AM »
so what's the answer?
Retaking the system is the only answer! Right now I still think we can do it without guns but if I am wrong I will gladly march right beside you into Washington.
Matt
well thanks Matt.  I pray every day that it don't happen. but a second term of obama might force peoples hands.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 12:49:17 PM »
a second term of obama might force peoples hands.

True ...

but what if it was just the first term of a new guy with the exact same policies, just wearing a different team jersey? Do you think the good folks of America will be just as upset? My fear is that we'll just elect Obama (R) and feel like we've done something and let the can get kicked further down the road.
held fast

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 01:36:16 PM »
I find it very funny that folks keep touting "Oust Obama" for a "Republican" all the while trash talking the only "Republican" that will stop/change what Obama and those before him have put in place.

You have 2 choices if you are going to vote for a Republican: Paul or Romney. Thats the only 2 options you have. I know that the other two have not dropped out yet but that is all for show. There are close to 600 delegates in states that the other two are not even on the ballots. They can not win and are only sticking around to make it look like there is other options and keep the notion that Paul cant win alive.

Many of you call yourself being patriotic because you vote republican when in fact many of the times you are being very unpatriotic by doing so. The founders of this country knew what it was like to live under tyranny and fought to get out from under it. They warned us that people would try and pull us back into it and provided us with a means to fight it off every time.

By means of the public education system those that wished to bring us back to tyrannical rule selectively taught the children generation after generation more and more about why government was good and less and less about who we are where we come from and how we got here.
We are no longer a society of morals and our values for the most part are bits and pieces of those handed down to us from the programed generation before us. This is less prominent in more rural areas but still evident.

We are at a crossroads now and the generations that are coming up today are able to see through many of the lies and much of the dis-information that is being put out by the government and main stream media. Those of us who have studied the past and looked into many of the issues that we are facing today have an obligation to those coming up. We are obligated to give them the best chance to live Free and enjoy Liberty that we can. We have a chance to do that right now and show those who have been in control for so long that the jig is up and we have laid down long enough.

Agree or disagree with Ron Paul on any issue you want. But of the 3 options we have : Obama, Romney and Paul the only one that can be even remotely trusted is Paul. Hold you nose if it makes you feel better but for the sake of the coming generations at least vote for some one who don't want to control their life.

Matt
― Albert Einstein

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 02:00:02 PM »
here's my reasons.
A. he requested millions of pork for his district. then he voted against the budget. then he said well, if I don't spend it, obama will. huh? he deceives his constituents.
B. he said he's against abortion, but on the law to prevent transporting under-aged girls across state lines for abortion without parental consent, he voted no.  he only talks the talk.
C. he voted to allow the anti-gun people to continue their frivilous lawsuits which would have bankrupted american gun and ammunition makers.
D. sept. thru dec. 2011 he didn't even bother voting on many issues, therefore hiding his feelings on matters.  he's not paid to "not" vote.
E. the biggest thing that made me stop supporting Ron Paul wasn't Ron Paul.  it was the hate eminating from his followers if you said anything good about another candidate.
I'm sure Matt will ban me for item E
F. Genesis 4:7   James 4:17 to know to do right and not do it, is a sin.
edited to add F
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 02:05:24 PM »
here's my reasons.
A. he requested millions of pork for his district. then he voted against the budget. then he said well, if I don't spend it, obama will. huh? he deceives his constituents.
B. he said he's against abortion, but on the law to prevent transporting under-aged girls across state lines for abortion without parental consent, he voted no.  he only talks the talk.
C. he voted to allow the anti-gun people to continue their frivilous lawsuits which would have bankrupted american gun and ammunition makers.
D. sept. thru dec. 2011 he didn't even bother voting on many issues, therefore hiding his feelings on matters.  he's not paid to "not" vote.
E. the biggest thing that made me stop supporting Ron Paul wasn't Ron Paul.  it was the hate eminating from his followers if you said anything good about another candidate.
Item F would come closer to getting you banned than E. I agree some RP supporters are not those that I align myself with but it matters not because people all across the spectrum can see that Paul is the best choice of those running.
I ask you this: If Paul is not the best choice of those running then who is?
― Albert Einstein

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 02:24:13 PM »
here's my reasons.
Item F would come closer to getting you banned than E. I agree some RP supporters are not those that I align myself with but it matters not because people all across the spectrum can see that Paul is the best choice of those running.
none of the above.  my choice would be Mike Huckabee.  but as I've said, I will support the republican nominee.  I think that all the candidated except Santorum are spouting BS when they talk about their Christianity.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BAGTIC

• A Real Regular
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 07:13:48 PM »
There are a few points that are outdated and need revision. Some other parts need clarification. No need to replace it though. Personally I don't know amy person or institution that I would trust with the task. Out of the frying pan and into the fire? Not for me. Better the Devil I know than one I don't.

Offline BAGTIC

• A Real Regular
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 07:24:49 PM »

It is not a matter of who is the best it is a case of who is the least worst. We are voting for the lesser of evils.
I personally support a lot of Paul's ideas but he can not win. Americans have become so dependent on the all powerful welfare state that its overthrow would be unacceptable and untolerable for millions of  people. It took many generations for us to get to this point and the only way the reverse things is slowly and gradually over a long period of time. Paul's problem is that he is an umcompromising ideolog who wants it all done NOW. One can not stop a runaway flywheel to a sudden stop without a disaster. It is like jumping from an airplane without a parachute. The fall will not hurt you but the sudden stop can change your life forever.

Offline BAGTIC

• A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2012, 07:30:20 PM »

none of the above.  my choice would be Mike Huckabee.  but as I've said, I will support the republican nominee.  I think that all the candidated except Santorum are spouting BS when they talk about their Christianity.

Personally I don't care about Huckabee's christianity, Romney's mormonism, or Gingrich's adultery. I supported Huckabee last election because he is a common sense politician who understands that government is about compromise. I would still prefer him to any of this years candidates.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 01:13:10 AM »

Personally I don't care about Huckabee's christianity, Romney's mormonism, or Gingrich's adultery. I supported Huckabee last election because he is a common sense politician who understands that government is about compromise. I would still prefer him to any of this years candidates.
Huckabee, Reagan, Dole.  those are my choices.  other than that I will hold my nose and vote for the republican nominee.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 01:48:01 AM »
  Perhaps we want the change too sudden... only an armed revolt can change things so quickly..and we can see how great that has worked out for Egypt.
    Ron Paul has garnered a steady following, he may be able to broker some of his ideas into the convention.  Newt has run a tough campaign, if he is not the candidate perhaps he can get a promise that all 32 unconstitutional "czars" will be fired.  If Mitt doesn't make it..perhaps he can get a fair tax system instituted etc, etc.
   Our job is at grass roots long before the campaigns..if we can't pull it off then for our choice, at least try to oust the worst prez ever..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2012, 01:51:39 AM »
  Perhaps we want the change too sudden... only an armed revolt can change things so quickly..and we can see how great that has worked out for Egypt.
    Ron Paul has garnered a steady following, he may be able to broker some of his ideas into the convention.  Newt has run a tough campaign, if he is not the candidate perhaps he can get a promise that all 32 unconstitutional "czars" will be fired.  If Mitt doesn't make it..perhaps he can get a fair tax system instituted etc, etc.
   Our job is at grass roots long before the campaigns..if we can't pull it off then for our choice, at least try to oust the worst prez ever..
IG, quit throwing common sense into a perfectly good screaming match. ;D
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2012, 02:29:35 AM »
What do you think?

New ammendments may be needed  to insure freedoms are not infringed . It needs to be considered that America has grown and technology has given Americans access to things not dreamed of when the Constitution was written so in order to protect our rights to have and use this new tech. we need protection from govt. with regard to it. Others may need to be up dated to insure the same freedoms . The fore fathers Incorporated the tools to do so.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2012, 07:10:39 AM »
TM7, what needs to be done is apply the consitution . Take all the laws and see if they pass the is it consitutional or not test  ;)
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 05:50:22 PM »
TM7, what needs to be done is apply the consitution . Take all the laws and see if they pass the is it consitutional or not test  ;)

That is what the supreme court is for. Unfortunately some presidents have appointed judges that hate the constitution.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline BAGTIC

• A Real Regular
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2012, 06:05:58 PM »
" If Mitt doesn't make it..perhaps he can get a fair tax system instituted etc, etc."
WE don't want a FAIR system. Every special interest group wants a take system that favors THEMSELVES.
If you don't believe it set down and discuss the standards and principles that would constitute a FAIR system. Do so without mentioning any dollar amounts or specific changes, just the principles. See how far you get.

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2012, 06:46:14 AM »
As with everything in life, there's a struggle between the "ought to" and the "is."

Many self-proclaimed conservatives seem content to merely try and take the "is" and make it work for their own agenda.

The definition of a Constitutional Conservative, in judicial language, is one who takes it as an "ought to" document, regardless of the layers of "is" that have been shoveled on top. I'll take the "ought to" and call if fair. It will mean that I will be exposed to things I don't particularly want to see and hear when I interact with the public, but so will they.
held fast

Offline Gary G

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2012, 08:14:09 AM »
Throughout history there has always been those who produce and those that consume at the expense of producers. The latter group are either thieves or those those who have convinced the populous that they can make things better for them through legal plunder, better known as government. The Constitution limits the amount that the latter group can extract from the producers in wealth as well as freedom. The founding fathers had seen a great part of their wealth taken from them when the mother country began enforcing the navigation acts which before had not been enforced. In the new government they formed, they meant to limit government encroachment on their lives as well as their fortunes. With prosperity and liberty the people became complacent and what we have now is that we have returned to confiscation and tyranny by those non-producers, similar as to before.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2012, 08:45:20 AM »
As far as taxes go, we need a flat tax on both individuals and corporations, with no deductions.  However, it might not fly unless they allow mortgage deduction and charitable contributions.  Corporations do a lot of charity that is tax deductable for them.  Then you get into who or what qualifies as a charity. 

But we have to start somewhere.  We have to start drastically cutting the federal budget along with a flat tax.  Begin by downsizing departments by switching things over to states, then close the department, like Education, EPA, Energy, Commerce, Postal service, Closing military bases in friendly countries, bringing home troops, closing the Mexican border, cutting benefits to illegals, requireing drug testing for anyone receiving government benefits including unemployment checks, requiring federal employees to have drug testing including elected leaders, having term limits for congressmen to 4 two year terms, and senators to two terms.  No foreign aid except humanitarian aid.  No farm subsities.  Military equipment should not be given as foreign aid, make them pay for it. 

We can also allow more drilling everywhere, less importing of fuel.  Have tarriffs equal to foreign government industrial subsities to help keep industry at home.