Poll

Please Select your Pick for the 2012 Presidential Race.

Newt Gingrich (R)
75 (20.7%)
John Huntsman (R)
1 (0.3%)
Ron Paul (R)
120 (33.1%)
Rick Perry (R)
5 (1.4%)
Mit Romney (R)
44 (12.2%)
Rick Santorum (R)
51 (14.1%)
Barak Obama (D)
16 (4.4%)
OTHER / None of the Above
50 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 362

Author Topic: Who is your Presidential Pick?  (Read 6090 times)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
Re: Who is your Presidential Pick?
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2012, 09:42:12 AM »
RP 'cause he doesn't do cartwheels for Tel Aviv.

As it is I don't think he will get the nomination.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 09:49:00 AM »
The more BS the others spout and get caught at the better the chances Ron has. Keep in mind in the last few elections someone or something has come from nowhere to change the election . Obama , Bill C. came from nowhere at the last possible min and look at the ones who were out front only to have something that happened years ago trip them up. This might be the shall we say most controversial election in our history . We haven't seen nothing yet..........
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline jdwolf

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 11:36:00 AM »
Ron Paul. He is the only GOP candidate that fully supports our 2nd amendment rights. Can he beat Romney, can he win the GOP nomination? I think he has a better chance of beating Romney than the other's do. If he wins the nomination can he beat Obama? YES, I think he can. 
Help support concealed carry in Illinois,  show your support.  http://www.cafepress.com/sicc

Offline magooch

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2012, 04:05:32 AM »
Like it, or not, the question still remains; what will Ron Paul do if he fails to win the Republican nomination?  Will he bow out, or will he try to become a spoiler and put the whole country at risk of a second obamunist term?
Swingem

Offline powderman

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2012, 10:39:10 AM »
I can honestly say I now have no favorite since I saw RP on leno. I'm just disgusted I reckon. POWDERMAN.  :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline jdwolf

• Contributor
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2012, 11:24:40 AM »
Like it, or not, the question still remains; what will Ron Paul do if he fails to win the Republican nomination?  Will he bow out, or will he try to become a spoiler and put the whole country at risk of a second obamunist term?
   If Ron Paul wins enough delegates, he will have leverage at the convention to... do something. "Given everything we know about him, he'll be seeking some sort of major policy statement from the party," Colby College political scientist Anthony Corrado tells Bloomberg. "I suspect that's more important to him than any particularly personal role at the convention or any rules change." Paul seems to be leaning that way, telling CNN he might get "something in the platform that says, maybe we ought to look at the Federal Reserve and maybe we ought to reconsider and not (go) to war unless we have a declaration of war."

How would Paul get the GOP to listen to him?
It's all about the delegates, which are awarded based on a candidate's performance in primaries and caucuses. A candidate needs 1,144 delegates to secure the nomination. For the next couple months, every primary and caucus awards its delegates proportionally, before giving way to a winner-take-all system in April. In the coming months, if Paul wins 10 percent of the vote in primaries and 20 percent in caucuses, plus a winner-take-all Western state or two, he could pocket roughly 200 delegates, says Dustin Krutsinger at Caffeinated Thoughts. If a third candidate gives Romney a run for his ample money, Paul's delegates could be a critical tiebreaker. Paul could potentially swing his supporters behind the candidate of his choosing, effectively making him a "kingmaker."

Can Paul really keep racking up delegates?
Quite possibly. Remember, only Paul and Romney managed to get on every state's primary ballot. And "Paul's unexpected momentum may be pushing the campaign to recalibrate its strategy," says Grace Wyler at Business Insider. If Paul "exceeds expectations in South Carolina" on Jan. 21, his campaign believes he can emerge as the sole conservative alternative to Romney, racking up enough votes to "deny Romney the delegates he needs to win on the first ballot at the convention." That would give him real power.
Help support concealed carry in Illinois,  show your support.  http://www.cafepress.com/sicc

Offline Old Moss

• Avid Poster
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2012, 07:05:11 AM »
Gents,

This is a very tough call, I don't think any are a top pick; we do need change and I never thought Obama was the answer.  But the Republican candidates don't seem to be stepping up either  :'( Ron Paul is to much of a isolationist and Teddy Roosevelt would roll over in his grave.  He is to closed minded (not a clear think conservative, but more of a radical loose cannon) and I feel even as many have commented on below that he will do the right things for a conservative right wing; in reality I think he will not stand-up for what is right or needed, and hurt us in the long run.  Santorum has potential but is still a bit of an unknown.  I sincerely feel that it is all about holding up the constitution, second amendment rights and a strong conservative, freedom based country!!!  Something in my gut tells me Paul is not it, but neither is anyone else.  We need change and it is not out there which scares the hell out of me!  Please do not vote for someone who is just going to beat Obama (which would be good) but vote for the best candidate for the people and the country.  I would vote for Tom Selleck or John Wayne.  Just my two cents Old Moss  :-\
Best regards, be safe, and keep your powder dry!
Thanks Old Moss

Offline Gary G

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2012, 12:09:31 PM »
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Gary G

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2012, 12:32:57 PM »
Can Ron Paul win the nomination and beat Obama?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g9ZEVWttks&feature=player_embedded
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2012, 11:41:02 AM »
I just voted in Matt's poll.

I chose Ron Paul. My reason: I like him, I think he's a good man. He's solid on the 2nd Amendment, and he doesn't go along with the imperialist mindset that we must overpower everyone everywhere. He's not an Islmo-phobe, and he doesn't encourage those who are. And I think he's a good man. I believe... that in Ron Paul, we have the opportunity to vote for a candidate that would be the biggest swing in the right (not Right) direction, in our lifetimes... whole diff view of federal role, than has been de rigeuer over the past few decades.[size=78%] [/size]

[size=78%]My $.02[/size]
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2012, 09:45:13 AM »
YT3

If this should occur and I think the man has little chance to sit in the WH I could see him blocked by the Democrats and a large percentage of RINO and fence sitting Repubs in Congress. He would not be able to get one Supreme Court Judge appointed if there was an Opening.

What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2012, 08:55:27 AM »
YT3
If this should occur and I think the man has little chance to sit in the WH I could see him blocked by the Democrats and a large percentage of RINO and fence sitting Repubs in Congress.

May be... plus is, this will will sharpen & focus the debate, put it in the public's attention, and smoke out politicians for just where they stand.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Zipper

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2012, 09:19:03 AM »
I would actually prefer Paul but he can't win. That is the most important thing at this point in time. Obama needs to be defeated. Gingrich is probably the one that can kick Obama's ass in a debate, he takes no prisoners. The very very most important thing is to win Congress. A Republican controlled Congress will isolate Obama and make a steer out of him.

Offline Lost Oki

• Avid Poster
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2012, 01:28:05 PM »
Newt got my vote.  Romney leans to far to the left on everything I have read.  RP, just don't see him being able to handle it.  If he gets the call, who he picks for VP could make all the difference.  The others are unknowns and not sure they can beat the Pied Piper, and we cannot stand another 4 yrs of this _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .  Newt has a lot of baggage but at the same time, he has more experience (good or bad).  Issues are important but winning is even more important.  No matter what President we get, replacing half of congress with the right folks would do wonders.

I think I would rather raise Nixon and turn him loose on the world. 

Offline Bob J

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2012, 02:03:39 AM »
Romney is a sockpuppet and Gingrich is a slimeball.....  Neither are electable......   Either would be cannon fodder running against Obama.....

Offline magooch

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2012, 04:49:15 AM »
I'm changing my vote to Rick Santorum after all that has transpired since this thread was started.
Swingem

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2012, 05:07:52 AM »
I'm changing my vote to Rick Santorum after all that has transpired since this thread was started.
;D
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2012, 06:52:12 AM »
I  will   do   as   you   request     and    not   do   any    bashing ;   but    I  will  say    I  would  like  to  see   4   new     choices.  Ron    Paul    is  more   along    my       lines    of    thinking.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2012, 10:38:07 PM »
I voted Paul.
That said, this is a political decision as much as I hate politics. It brings out the worst in all.
I believe one thing above all other things--we cannot give Obama a second term and, even above that, we need to sweep the House and Senate at least for awhile---no good thing goes uncorrupted in DC.
Paul can win -IF-he is running as a Republican. Run, he will, and split the vote if he is not running as a Republican. Paul has turned into somewhat of an ego-maniac IMO, if he was not always one.
Honestly there are a couple of others that I think bring better management tools to the job.
It is a fact--and I don't like it--Party nominations bring Party controls. The President cannot be his own man anymore.
Paul is holding this Nation hostage for his own ego's sake. He is going to run against any who will defy him--no matter the consequences of the Nation.
I am, above all things, NOT a one issue voter or a popularity voter.
There are a couple of candidates that are just not mature enough or heavy enough for the job.
I will vote for Paul as a Republican--it matters not who I vote for if he splits again---Obama will win.
Blessings   
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline j two dogs

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Contributor
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2012, 01:01:05 AM »
Voted for Santorum, because I believe he is the best man for the job, I believe Mitt Romney simply by virtue of his money will win the nomination, and hopefully the White House.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2012, 02:07:37 AM »
Oh, I like this little caucus... President Obama & Gov Perry are neck-and-neck, and my man Ron Paul is waaaaaay out front! Yippee!

Offline wganzWork

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2012, 03:25:26 AM »
Ron Paul is the 2012 version of Ross Perot. He'll give 0bama his 2nd term.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2012, 03:34:17 AM »

close........

ron paul will give us  romnee  instead  of newt
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2012, 03:37:25 AM »

That sums it up.....
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2012, 04:13:12 AM »
This was tough for me.  I would love to pick Paul, but in debate Obama would make him look like a confused, sputtering old man - almost comical.  And talk about skeletons - he doesn't have a closet full, he has a warehouse full, since he has voted against just about everything.  I said none/other because I still like Gary Johnson - yeah I know, "who?"  But remember, when he was polling 3% so was Santorum.  In many ways he is a youthful and energetic Paul.  I think he got sidelined mainly because he opposed the War on Drugs in its present form, not necessarily the idea.  By the way, my wife still likes Bachmann, and so do I.  If there is a chance Obama could do well in my state I will probably vote republican no matter what.

Offline ironball

• Avid Poster
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2012, 05:14:21 AM »
I don't believe the Republican Party's corporate masters are any better than the Democrat's corporate masters. I like Ron Paul because his views are closest to my Libertarian beliefs.
Never let the people with all the money and the people with all the guns be the same people.

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2012, 05:41:22 AM »
Newt appears to be the only candidate with a useful pair of gonads.

The same attitude with a different face is not getting it with me this year. Newt, IMO is the most aware of his surroundings, he understands the historical perspective of where the country is, how we arrived, and how to get this mess straightened out.

Vanilla ice cream is good, but damn it I want some Hot Wings, and I ain't wanting Frank's either. Burn them down Stubb's style.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline Huntz

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2012, 05:46:59 AM »
I picked Rick Santorum as he is the only Conservative in the whole bunch.I like Ron Paul ,but he is never going to be nominated.Romney is a White Obama.He is for health Care and Gun Control.Georges Soros likes him.That should tell you a whole lot!!!
Politically Incorrect

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2012, 06:07:48 AM »
I voted for Rick Santorum, but really; anyone but Barak Obama. I am not bashing our President, I just have not seen what he is doing is solving our economic problems and in my opinion, his foreign policy stinks, so it is time for a change - any change.
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline Jim Flinchbaugh

• Photo Galleries
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2012, 10:11:31 AM »
I chose "other" because none of them are near 100% in my thoughts.
I could vote for Ron Paul hands down if he wasn't such a tin foil hat kook on foreign policy.
Domestically, he is hands down the very best choice
At this time, I'd like to request a "do over" for candidate choices  ;D