Poll

Please Select your Pick for the 2012 Presidential Race.

Newt Gingrich (R)
75 (20.7%)
John Huntsman (R)
1 (0.3%)
Ron Paul (R)
120 (33.1%)
Rick Perry (R)
5 (1.4%)
Mit Romney (R)
44 (12.2%)
Rick Santorum (R)
51 (14.1%)
Barak Obama (D)
16 (4.4%)
OTHER / None of the Above
50 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 362

Author Topic: Who is your Presidential Pick?  (Read 6083 times)

Offline buckeye509

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Who is your Presidential Pick?
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2012, 10:49:31 AM »
None are my first choice. I would vote for my town dog catcher before I voted for OneBigA**MistakeAmerica (I pray you don't make it again).

Offline chromdome

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2012, 10:52:20 AM »
        I will vote for Ron Paul      we need to change big government  the others are buisness as usual and will not
change anything                                                       

bill

Offline tacklebury

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Central Michigan
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2012, 11:02:16 AM »
As of right now, I haven't made any finalized decisions.  I despise the current administration, so there's no way it'll be Obama-SanLadin, but I don't particularly care for the Republican picks.  8(  Still need to review the options a lot more...
Tacklebury --}>>>>>    Multi-Barrel: .223 Superlite, 7mm-08 22", .30-40 Krag M158, .357 Maximum 16-1/4 HB, .45 Colt, .45-70 22" irons, 32" .45-70 Peeps, 12 Ga. 3-1/2 w/ Chokes, .410 Smooth slugger, .45 Cal Muzzy, .50 Cal Muzzy, .58 Cal Muzzy

also classics: M903 9-shot Target .22 Revolver, 1926 .410 Single, 1915 38 S&W Break top Revolver and 7-shot H&R Trapper .22 6" bbl.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2012, 11:15:50 AM »
Voted for Newt today as a protest vote.  I'll be voting for Romney in November.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline wncchester

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2012, 12:29:16 PM »
Your poll choices aren't as they should be, you are splitting the non-Democrat vote.  I suggest you add, "Any one but the present one."  I'd vote for a road-kill possum before BO.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue

Offline bagdadjoe

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Contributor
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2012, 12:49:03 PM »
I'd like to see Rand Paul on the ticket....
"By all means, make friends with the dog...but do not set aside the stick".

Online Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2012, 01:06:10 PM »
I'd like to see Rand Paul on the ticket....

Then Vote for his dad... I see a Father Son combo in the making.
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Bingo

• Contributor
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2012, 01:46:04 PM »
  Ron Pauls isolationist ideas boarder on childish and naive. We din't need a Chamberland in the White House with Iran and Islam extreemists swinging a sword over the worlds head.

All I have to say about Romney is Obama/Romney care....What is the difference.

I'll hold my nose and vote for Newt. If you can not Govern your own house how can you govern the Nation?

Santorum gets my vote

Offline Lead pot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2012, 01:51:42 PM »
My choice has dropped out. Rick Perry.
Romney I don't trust. He is nothing but a eastern Democrat, rejected the last election. And Gingrich lost my favor when he showed his true colors.
I agree with Paul's stand but we do need foreign policies and he shot himself in the foot, but we need to get back to what this country was founded for.
But regardless who runs against Obama I will stand behind him 100% and give him hell when they take the wrong path.
Obama must go before he destroys this Country any more.
Dont go were the path leads,go were there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2012, 05:17:18 PM »
I voted for Ron Paul...  Unlike most of you folks, I don't see any real difference between Obama and most of the republican field.  Obama clamors for the middle class and poor.  Republicans clamor for business and the middle class.  In the end, they are both their just to further themselves, and not the country.  I think Ron Paul might just be crazy enough to actually do what he thinks is best for the country.  Sure, he will probably end up being another Jimmy Carter, a President with a good heart, but without the support of either party, nothing will get done.  But hey, not my fault, I voted for the best man.

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Three44s

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2012, 05:29:13 PM »
I voted in this poll for Newt.

The reason I picked Newt here is because at this present time he's the only Conservative with a chance to de-throne Mutt!

My favorite would be Santorum if he were doing better out of the picks that are running as of now.

While Mutt is heads and heals over 'bumer ......... he's not pro-gun by a @^%@! site!!

Ron Paul does not get my nod on his stand on foreign policy, he's too much like the current POTUS.  He gets my admiration on domestic issues sans for his ideas on illegatment drugs.  And if we don't get our economic house in order we'll be lucky to hire enough help to scrape the rust off our military hardware much less man it!

When it comes to the General election, I am voting (with reservations) for ANY Republican candidate ......... ANY!

Contrary to 'bumer, ANY of the Republicans will divert the country off the "road to Greece" that we are on now.

Three 44s

Offline RustyShackleford

« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2012, 08:13:49 PM »
I voted for (none of the above) because I don't like any of them.  When election time comes I will probably vote for Ron Paul because he seems to be the only honest one of the bunch.

It is a shame that we cannot have more "good men" running for president.  In most of the previous elections, I have usually voted against someone instead of for someone.  Lesser of two evils.

Offline Landngroove

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
I think it is extemely important to defeat Obama. I have to be realistic about who is the most electable, of the Republican candidates. I believe Mitt Romney has the best chance. I shudder to think what will happen if Obama wins re-election.

Online Casull

« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2012, 12:55:04 PM »
If RP turns out to be the Republican nominee, I will vote the lesser of two evils and vote for him.  Heck, I'll vote for whoever the Republican nominee is.   
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Jim_Ole_Timer

« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2012, 02:09:55 PM »
I chose Rick Santorum because I think he the most conservative of the bunch.
Protect our constitution, all of it. Our kids future depends on it. And please teach them Conservatism.

Offline webbspinner

• If the Good Lords willing and the creeks dont rise
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2012, 06:14:14 PM »
I am sooo tired of trying to find the lesser of the evils, every election its the same.  I vote with my gun.  As long as I have that I have a choice.  I would vote for one of the seasame street puppets before BO.  Which probably about what it will come down too.  Any puppet but him, I have no faith that anyone other than RP would be anything different than another pocket lining politician, but we sure can't take another 4 yrs of this knucklehead.
George Washington did not use his 1st amendment freedom of speech to free our country from the British.  He shot them.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2012, 01:50:56 AM »
at the last election, democrats crawled out of the woodwork.  blacks who had never voted before came out in droves.  tell me why it won't happen that way again.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Avyctes

• Contributor
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2012, 02:50:26 AM »
I was really straddling the fence between Santorum and Paul and finally went with Santorum because I feel that some of Paul's ideas will be a bit too radical for him to have a real chance to win.  I feel that both men are conservative enough for me in that both support Pro Life views which I hold near and dear, both seem to support the constitution.  There's not going to be one that is 100%, but rather than voting 'Other', which I feel wastes a vote, I will, for now, go with Rick.
"There exists a law, not written down anywhere, but in our hearts.. that, if our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline Muddly

« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2012, 03:45:59 AM »
With all due respect, Ron Paul is a nut job. Like it or not , the US cannot be an isolationist nation in the 21st century and to not care if Iran has a nuke is suicidal ,and to not know what was in a newsletter he produce and put his name on means he's either a liar or the most incopetent administrator ever.... He would make a great Treasury secretary. For me , its Santorum. Yes , a couple bad votes, but he is a solid Reaganite, pro life and pro 2nd Amm. In the end I'll vote for anybody but obama. Those of you who will stay home if your boy doesn't win better realize that its a defacto vote for obama. In the primary, you vote your conscience, in the general you just have to hold your nose sometimes. I HATE doing that , but 4 more years of that marxist and I'm puttin my gray uniform back on! I would love to see Gingrich take obama apart at the seams in a debate though...
The LORD bless and keep you.The LORD make his face to shine apon you and be gracious to you.The LORD look apon you with favor and bring you peace

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2012, 03:48:43 PM »
If you just looked at their policies, would you be able to tell the difference between Romney and Obama?

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2012, 04:39:04 AM »
looks  like the next presedent  will either be

OBUMER  OR  O'ROMNEY

i  hope some one else gets nominated.....but i dought it

hope you will all hold your noses and vote together for the lesser of 2 evils

any thing else  and we get 4 more years  of OBUMER

then  OBUMER  will move  on to take  over the UN
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2012, 04:43:59 AM »
looks  like the next presedent  will either be

OBUMER  OR  O'ROMNEY

i  hope some one else gets nominated.....but i dought it

hope you will all hold your noses and vote together for the lesser of 2 evils

any thing else  and we get 4 more years  of OBUMER

then  OBUMER  will move  on to take  over the UN
Wise words.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2012, 11:24:51 AM »
I checked Other. I wouldn't mind seeing RP in for at least one term and will wait till closer to actually make up my mind. If he's not in the pack, I'll write in David H. Petraeus (Gen Ret).

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2012, 07:32:58 AM »
Athough  I  like  Ron   P   ,   it   seems  the   momentum  is   with   Santorum  .   I    voted   Santorum.   Romney   scares   me  ,   Im    afraid   once   he   is   elected   he   will  pull   off  his   mask   and   Teddy  Kennedy   will   appear. 

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2012, 09:52:08 AM »
Anybody but Obummer.    He has singularly acquired as much debt in 3 years as it took over 200 years for the rest of the Presidents to rack up.   We cannot afford 4 more years of Obummer.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline Bingo

• Contributor
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2012, 12:48:59 PM »
   A Liberal a Moderate and a Conservative walked into a bar one night.

The Bar tender said " Will you have the usual, Mit?"

Offline wncchester

« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2012, 04:13:19 AM »
" I pick Ron Paul because he is the only one that will not continue the Bush/Obama assault on the constitution. "

Actually, most presidents have done that.  It started in a big way with Andy Jackson (D), got worse with Lincoln (R) and then T.R. (R), made much worse by professor W. Wilson (D). then made a LOT worse by FDR (D) and LBJ (D), pushed further by Little Jimmy Carter (D) and Clinton (D), all much before Bush (R) tinkered around the edges and professor/community organizer [aka, professional 'rabble rouser']  BO (D) who has shredded what was left of the Constitution.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2012, 06:48:43 AM »
Romney   :  being   tall   dark   &  handsome    seems   to  be   pulling  the  women   voters.  Every debate  I watch ,  I  become   even    more   undecided .  I  voted   Santorum  but   thats   subject   to   change.

Offline Star1pup

• A Real Regular
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2012, 10:44:04 AM »
Right now my choice is between Romney or Obama so it was a no brainer to pick Romney.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2012, 11:12:35 AM »
Still voting for Mitt.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~