Author Topic: "Let them eat cake" !  (Read 805 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
"Let them eat cake" !
« on: January 09, 2012, 08:56:08 AM »
   Latest "let trhem eat cake" episode to emerge from the White House...

Millions unemployed and have been so for many months, the administration is slashing the military's budget...perhaps endangering some troops......and putting hundreds of thousands of GIs on the unemployment line..
    But the administration goes merrily along in their dream world.  Never mind the multi=multi million dollar vacations..to place an exclamation mark upon this fuzzy-headed gang, they spend many $$$$$$ on an "Alice in wonderland" extravaganza on halloween night.
     http://laughingsquid.com/halloween-at-the-white-house/ 
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: "Let them eat cake" !
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 02:56:00 AM »
Napoleon said you can't defeat and enemy without occupying his country.  We need manpower to truely occupy and control a country.  A small town next to me has 25,000 people and 100 cops.  In Iraq they had 25 million people and we occupied with 100,000 troops.  That is why we had to deal with so many roadside bombs and terroist bombings for several years in Iraq.  We defeated their military with high tech weapons, especially from the air, but in order to have complete control of their country we needed 500,000 troops for a complete show of force everywhere.  Napoleon invaded the countries he conquered and destroyed their ability to fight without homeland support.  Vietnam and Korea are prime examples.  Instead of talking, talking, talking peace and having cease fires ect, we could have occupied North Vietnam and North Korea and ended the problem.  We did do this in Iraq, but with limited numbers.  Sure, we can meet our numbers with volunteers, but in good times, the army has problems with enough people.  That is why they use the national guard to fill in.  I think the national guard should be just that, the old fashioned "homeland security".  Drafting to fill needs should be done, but with no exceptions, rich and poor, no excuses except for mental or physical disabilities.  Release them to reserves when their active time is up.  National guard should be used to round up and send home illegals. 

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 05:08:21 AM »
I'm in favor of the draft for all boys who leave high school, whether by graduating or dropping out.
I've seen some kids who need to meet with a drill sargeant.
and a couple of years in the army might make them take college more seriously.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 01:51:13 PM »
Programmed Austerity cuts both ways.....and DoD is investing more and more in high tech and special ops tech, and mercs.

..TM7
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    My point is;
      The administration is spending tax money some see as having been "extorted' from the taxpayers....

Spending on high tech weapons, Spec Ops troops & tactics etc, can defend the taxpayers and sve the lives of those taxpayers sons & daughters who do the Spec Ops work which others are afraid to do.

Spending funds "extorted" from the same taxpayers on a private, elitist Hollyweird/liberal party bash, doesn't seem to equate..at least not as I see it !.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 03:05:44 PM »
I'm in favor of the draft for all boys who leave high school, whether by graduating or dropping out.

The only way I would ever be in favor of mandatory service is if they quit using our millitary as a mercanary service for "hire" to countries that are either unwilling or unable to defend themselves(ie South Korea) or to "spread democracy" to countries that have no interest in democracy(ie Iraq...Libya... ad nauseum...insert your favorite middle east crap hole here).

I would only favor madatory service if they kept our troops here at home and did worthwhile things like secure and police our borders or disaster relief or were only deployed overseas when there was a clear and present danger to the USA.

As it stands right now I say no way. How many good people have died to date "bringing democracy" to people in the middle east who could give two craps about freedom or democracy? It has to stop. If these people truly want freedom then they should free themselves.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 04:59:59 PM »

The only way I would ever be in favor of mandatory service is if they quit using our millitary as a mercanary service for "hire" to countries that are either unwilling or unable to defend themselves(ie South Korea) or to "spread democracy" to countries that have no interest in democracy(ie Iraq...Libya... ad nauseum...insert your favorite middle east crap hole here).

I would only favor madatory service if they kept our troops here at home and did worthwhile things like secure and police our borders or disaster relief or were only deployed overseas when there was a clear and present danger to the USA.

As it stands right now I say no way. How many good people have died to date "bringing democracy" to people in the middle east who could give two craps about freedom or democracy? It has to stop. If these people truly want freedom then they should free themselves.

I agree with lakota.  The peoples of the middle east have been killing each other for 2000 years, and they will continue to do so.   Let them kill each other, then we go take the oil.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 01:03:27 AM »

I agree with lakota.  The peoples of the middle east have been killing each other for 2000 years, and they will continue to do so.   Let them kill each other, then we go take the oil.

ST762
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

We don't need their stinking oil !
        Between the US and Canada, we have plenty of oil & natural resources wiuthout risking pollution by way of an oil tanker breakup, nor could some punk state like Iran close any straits, shutting off our energy supply.
  By using our own resources, we could greatly lower the risk of mid-east conflict, provide thousands of North American jobs directly in the energy business, accompanied by hundreds of thousands of peripheral jobs, serving the industry.  No neede to send opur money to the Arab nations..where they can send it back in the form of bombs and hatred.
   Now all we need is for some Washington deadhead idealogues to wake up, quit kow-towing to the Arab potentates.. and look out for the folks at home !!!

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 02:47:33 AM »

ST762
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

We don't need their stinking oil !
        Between the US and Canada, we have plenty of oil & natural resources wiuthout risking pollution by way of an oil tanker breakup, nor could some punk state like Iran close any straits, shutting off our energy supply.
  By using our own resources, we could greatly lower the risk of mid-east conflict, provide thousands of North American jobs directly in the energy business, accompanied by hundreds of thousands of peripheral jobs, serving the industry.  No neede to send opur money to the Arab nations..where they can send it back in the form of bombs and hatred.
   Now all we need is for some Washington deadhead idealogues to wake up, quit kow-towing to the Arab potentates.. and look out for the folks at home !!!
IG, what you say is true.  the prez could creat millions of jobs with the stroke of his pen.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 07:06:57 AM »
  Perhaps too often iot is like Obama is doing ...  Perhaps instead of blowing taxpayer's hard earned money on 'make-believe' phony corps the big politial donors conjure up (e.g. Solyndra and the "Volt") would go to proven innovators, such as General Dynamics, Canada Hydro, Halliburton, Boeing or Lockheed and offer them a terriffic incentive bonus when they come up with a truly efficient, truly funtional and working system. That kind "crony capitalism", where a politician pays off his campaign "bundlers".. should be outlawed..

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 07:01:49 AM »
In 1976 Chrysler made a New Yorker with a 4 cylinder Dodge Colt engine and a 3' diameter flywheel.  The engine turned the flywheel, through a dual transmission, which turned the flywheel at Idle, and powered the rear wheel drive with the flywheel on acceleration.  At 70 MPH on the interstate, only the engine powered the car.  The flywheel remained spinning.  This allowed this big car to get 36 MPG highway and about 20 MPG in town.  Lockheed made the flywheel system for them.  I have this Popular Science mag stored somewhere in my attic.  Idea was to use flywheels on vehicles, mounted level on gimbals so if the car was in an incline the flywheel would work.  This same article saw the possibility of using a flywheel only, by plugging it in overnight to spin, then it would supply electricity to an attached generator to power the electric motors at the wheels.  When braking, the wheels would transfer power back to the flywheel.  Don't know how much better this would be than hybrids, but flywheels are much cheaper to manufacture than lithium batteries.  If a full sized two ton 70's car could get 36mpg highway, technology is simple, and could be added to todays cars.  I saw where Jauguar in England is experimenting with this again and their mileage has increased by 20%.  Lithium mines are about 90% owned by Chinese now.  Hmm.  Steel is abundant everywhere for making the flywheels, hmm.  A diesel flywheel should get 40% better mileage than traditional vehicles. 

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 07:10:51 AM »
while shopping for a new car in 76, I looked at one and figured it was under-powered.  and of course the salesman didn't understand the car any better than I did.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye