Author Topic: Romney angers NH and Liberty TEA Party Pac  (Read 242 times)

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
Romney angers NH and Liberty TEA Party Pac
« on: January 09, 2012, 03:21:59 PM »
Multimillionaire Mitt Romney, still trying to strike up a common-man connection with primary voters, came under fire yesterday in New Hampshire for claiming he knows what it’s like to worry about getting a “pink slip.” Romney, a wealthy venture capitalist who has refused to release his tax returns while running for president, said during a rally yesterday, “I know what it’s like to worry whether you’re going to get fired. There were a couple of times I wondered if I was going to get a pink slip.” Pundits and political opponents’ eyes began rolling immediately.

Jerry Delemus - New Hampshire Liberty PAC, a Tea Party-inspired political action committee
“There’s a difference between getting fired and having millions of dollars in the bank and getting fired and not having any money to rely on, He couldn’t be further disconnected from us.”

Newt jumped on him -"I do draw a distinction between looting a company, leaving behind broken families and broken neighborhoods and then leaving a factory that should be there.”

John Huntsman issued a statement - Romney "enjoys firing people. I enjoy creating jobs."

Perry has already jumped on him - “If you are the victim of Bain Capital’s downsizing, it is the ultimate insult for Mitt Romney to come to South Carolina and tell you he feels your pain,” the Texas governor told a crowd of about 100 people at a campaign rally. “He caused it.”
“I have no doubt that Mitt Romney was worried about pink slips – whether he was going to have enough of them to hand out,” the Texas Republican added. “Because his company, Bain Capital, all the jobs that he killed, I’m sure he was worried he would run out of pink slips.”
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline LunaticFringeInc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Romney angers NH and Liberty TEA Party Pac
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 06:26:16 PM »
Obviously he didnt anger them enough...

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Romney angers NH and Liberty TEA Party Pac
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 02:57:02 AM »
I'm not a fan of Romney, but C.E.O. types get pink slips just like blue collar workers. He was born with millions in the bank and I can't hold that against him, except I would have rather it would have been me. As for the jobs he destroyed, it's my understanding they buy a group of businesses  and restructure some that have a potential to be profitable and sell off the others. If you work for one of the companies they save, then they also saved your job. If it's one of the others, than you're out of work. I have found myself in both situations. I also lost a job because I worked for a division of a company that wasn't profitable so they cut it loose. It cost me my job but the move saved the jobs of the people who worked for the rest of the the business.          I have found that the longer I have worked with a company the harder it is to lose the job. It becomes part of your identity. I can't speak for the "suits". I don't even own one.( that fits,anyway  )   I'm guessin' it's just as scary for them to lose a job as a blue collar worker.