Author Topic: Wheeled Carriage for cannon  (Read 596 times)

Offline onegreatshot

• keep their heads down til help arrives
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
  • Proud owner of 3 brooks USA cannons, look'g 4 more
Wheeled Carriage for cannon
« on: January 10, 2012, 07:35:53 AM »
I'm looking for someone or some place to purchase a wheeled carriage for a 50 cal. or smaller B/P cannon. A very close friend is retiring from the Army as a general soon and thought a carriage cannon would be a nice gift for an artillery man. Thinking of a wheel size of 8" to 12" and the size relative to wheel size. any replies would be much appreciated

Offline BoomLover

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Wheeled Carriage for cannon
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 12:13:53 PM »
onegreatshot, have you checked the stickies at the top of the page, for dealer and distributor information? We have a number of quite good builders here who can supply your needs....contact a few of them with your request. Dominick, The Irishman, Ed Hart, Austin, Mike and Tracy, off the top of my head, but there are lots of excellent craftsmen, talk with them for what they can supply you, and their prices. BoomLover
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline GGaskill

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 12:44:04 PM »
There was a thread here in the last year, I think, that showed a really nice field gun of substantial size but I do not remember the thread.  Look around some and maybe you can find it.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline buzz36

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 01:35:29 PM »
dixie gun works and cabela's carry cannon kits with might fit whatyour looking for
also CLVA and tradition made soem a few years back also  the vedors here are some real nice craftsman

Offline BoomLover

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 01:46:46 PM »
Cabela's? Really? Interesting!
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline onegreatshot

• keep their heads down til help arrives
  • Avid Poster
  • Proud owner of 3 brooks USA cannons, look'g 4 more
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 07:33:46 AM »
Thanks GGaskill, I checked the threads and what I found is full size wooden carriages. What I should do is write down what my mind was thinking. I'm looking for a miniature wooden civil war style carriage with SPOKED wheels. These wheels should be from 8" to 10" in size, approx 18" in length. Would like to place a .50 cal. Brooks B/P cannon on it. I have 3 Cannons from Brooks with a 4Th on the way. I also have an order for the GBO mortar that will be released shortly.

Offline flagman1776

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 08:34:38 AM »
Real quality wheels could cost more than a barrel...  I've seen some really nice wheels members have made...  My memory fails to come up with who made them. 

Offline GGaskill

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 10:11:07 AM »
I checked the threads and what I found is full size wooden carriages.

The thread/post I was referring to was about a model gun, 12" wheels as I recall.  The search function is difficult to use to find specific things.  Maybe someone else has bookmarked it and will post the url in reply.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill