Author Topic: Ron Paul Promise  (Read 1060 times)

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
Ron Paul Promise
« on: January 10, 2012, 08:46:45 AM »
www.ronpaulpromise.com

I signed it and I intend to follow through on the promise I made there.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Ron Paul Promise
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 09:45:10 AM »
  Looks like a DNC website. I cannot sign it.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 10:14:52 AM »
  Looks like a DNC website. I cannot sign it.
sure looks that way.  my biggest fear as someone else here said, if the RP backers refuse to back another nominee, it will put obama back for another term where only one SCOTUS appointee will swing the court solidly AGAINST the 2nd amendment.

when all the campaigning began, I gave RP a long look and liked what I saw. what turned me against him was his supporters. they would rather see obama again than support any other republican.
the constitution will be gone under obama. he has publically stated that it's a flawed document and he will make at least 2 SCOTUS appointments.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline lakota

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 10:20:24 AM »
The constitution will be gone under Romney or any of the other two front running repulicrat chucklehaeds too. The way I see it voting for a freedom hating liberal republican is no different than voting for a freedom hating liberal democrat but rest assured  I wont be voting democrat.

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 10:39:58 AM »
I'm a dedicated Ron Paul supporter, and I may or may not write his name in if he doesn't get the Republican nod.. Depends on the Libertarian or Constitutional Party choice also. I vote for (IMO) The best person.....Not the best party.

I will not vote for Obama, Newt, Romney, Santorum or Huntsman.
I may vote for Republicans at the state or local level.Depends on who they run! I won't sign some silly pledge saying I refuse to vote for a Republican If Paul loses.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline lakota

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 10:45:25 AM »
It used to be that I would only vote republican if a libertarian wasnt available to vote for. I may go back to that. Dont get me wrong-under no circumstances will I vote for a democrat but I will no longer vote republican just to avoid voting democrat. This country needs a radical departure from the political bullcrap of the last 20 or so years

Offline srussell

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 10:51:30 AM »
now that is scary

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 11:06:24 AM »
now that is scary
I'm terrified!!!!  I'm old, so personally it won't matter much. but my wife is a lot younger and I have a daughter.  I don't want them to live under communism.  if obama wins, with people knowing what he stands for, he WILL consider that a mandate to finish destroying this country.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline buffermop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 11:34:39 AM »
I think the election results will be the same as every election. The one with the most cash in there warchest and can buy votes and political endorsements will have a better chance to win. The common middle classs are being sold down the river by our own elected officials all in the name of greed and power. Seems we are on the same path that happen to the Roman empire.The only change Obama has made is his underware!!

Offline no guns here

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 12:04:51 PM »
not communism...

It will still be nominally a democratic republic.  However, in effect, it will devolve into a police state led by a supposedly elected dictator.  The dictator will change every 8 years according to the "Constitution" but the controlling interests will still be there pulling the string and making sure the sheeple stay in their assigned role in life.  Of course a liberal dose of hand-outs and entitlements will keep the unthinking majority of "voters" happy enough that nothing will change.

NGH
"I feared for my life!"

Offline srussell

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 12:41:12 PM »
i heard on the news that Hillary might run as his vice pres.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 01:04:16 PM »
the only difference between hillary and biden is that biden is prettier.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline lakota

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 01:22:31 PM »
the only difference between hillary and biden is that biden is prettier.

She may be slightly smarter than him...but only very slightly.

Offline Gary G

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 01:44:13 PM »
now that is scary

No, that is reality! People who say "don't vote for Ron Paul because you will put Obama back in the white house" need to rethink their position. Many, many people in the know are fed up with politics as usual. They realize that both the Democrats and Republicans have driven this country over the cliff both financially and Constitutionally. Many are saying that they will no longer vote for the lesser of two evils, no matter what, and I am with them. The debt is 103% to GDP. None of the others have a solution for that other than to piddle with semantics. Paul is the only one trying to discuss the issue. Some people love their country enough to do the right thing, which is not the status quo of politics as in the past, because they realize that is unsustainable. Those who say don't vote Ron Paul or Obama will go in are 100% backwards knowing the above facts. You have already been told that a multitude will vote Ron Paul or write him in. If Obama is your motivation, then your only solution is to vote Ron Paul, or you will be the ones putting the same one back in.  Contrary to what the lying media has told you, some polls have already shown Paul beating Obama. Many democrats and most of the independents that voted for Obama in the last election will vote for Paul, that has already been shown. Obama ran on ending the wars and won. He has nothing to run on against Paul other than his dismal record.

I did not sign the petition, but that has been my exact position ever since the Republican party sold us out to the big banks on Wall Street.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 02:00:16 PM »
Seems Mooney-like to me. No one person is the answer to anything, other than the Lord. I make my own path,
others will not put me in this box.

You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 02:42:37 PM »
I don't need to sign no forking pledge. I see no point in it. I have lived by my word for all of my adult life. If I say I'm going to do something, I do it........don' need no "pledge"!  :P
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline srussell

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 03:16:34 PM »
my point was Ron Paul  is like the little boy who took his ball home because he could,nt make all the rules

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 03:49:07 PM »
my point was Ron Paul  is like the little boy who took his ball home because he could,nt make all the rules

Whoa!!!!!! Back up a moment.......THIS IS NOT RON PAUL'S WEB SITE you are looking at! Some fan created and is maintaining it. Don't try to blame Paul for this!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 03:54:05 PM »
I refuse to be a prostitute for the Republican party by voting for a liberal just because he has an "R" next to his name. If other people choose to do so then that's their right but don't ask me to do so and don't blame me if Obama wins because Republicans decided to nominate a liberal just because he's "electable". A liberal is a liberal, I refuse to vote for one.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline lakota

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 04:01:31 PM »

I am not taking my ball and going home...I am refusing to play the game anymore because the game is rigged-you get a liberal either way.

Offline srussell

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 04:16:37 PM »

I am not taking my ball and going home...I am refusing to play the game anymore because the game is rigged-you get a liberal either way.
  true

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, 02:01:49 AM »
I refuse to be a prostitute for the Republican party by voting for a liberal just because he has an "R" next to his name. If other people choose to do so then that's their right but don't ask me to do so and don't blame me if Obama wins because Republicans decided to nominate a liberal just because he's "electable". A liberal is a liberal, I refuse to vote for one.

I agree with that, but I can do that without signing a sore loser's pledge. Paul may still make it (doubt it), if he is nominated I will hold my nose and vote for him, like I have said before I don't like any of them. Thou it appears we are running out of time, I want to see what happens on the 3rd party side. It is true that Romney is a Lib & a sorry one & opposite the media I think the easiest for Obummer to beat. I may write in someone other than Paul if I choose since it's wasted anyway.
So, I won't do a sissy, sore loser pledge.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 03:56:35 AM »
Even if I vote for RP, my vote won't count.  Florida is a winner takes all state.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2012, 04:34:05 AM »
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2012, 05:03:35 AM »
I hope they leave it the way it is.  Otherwise Barry will be reelected.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 12:42:13 AM »
I refuse to be a prostitute for the Republican party...

Doublebass, you took the words right out of my mouth!  Well said sir. 
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 01:53:06 AM »
Don't need to sign the pledge; looks like a DNC data collection point honestly.

But y'all do me a favor:
- when Romney is elected and appoints 2 liberal justices to SCOTUS, be upset. (His 2A record is worse than Obama's, same view with more history.)
- when he kicks the can down the road and continues the exact same expansionist policies as Obama, be vocally angry.
- when he abuses executive power, circumventing Congress; when he claims precedent and makes recess appointments in pro forma sessions; when instead of firing the Czars, he just replaces them with new faces ... let the world know.

Don't just give him a free pass because you voted for him. Don't say it was Obama's fault. Don't tell us, well he's better than Obama. Because he's not - his record is clear. The Dems won't complain about him too much, he's their Manchurian Candidate. The RINOs won't complain. They and the MSM will demonize RP, his supporters and the Tea Party even more than they do now. They'll claim they have the people's mandate, and many will be afraid to say anything contrary to the Progressive agenda.

But you be honest, you tell folks "I voted for him because I was afraid of 4 more years of Obama. But I was wrong."
held fast

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 02:45:52 AM »

But y'all do me a favor:
- when Romney is elected and appoints 2 liberal justices to SCOTUS, be upset. (His 2A record is worse than Obama's, same view with more history.)
- when he kicks the can down the road and continues the exact same expansionist policies as Obama, be vocally angry.
- when he abuses executive power, circumventing Congress; when he claims precedent and makes recess appointments in pro forma sessions; when instead of firing the Czars, he just replaces them with new faces ... let the world know.

But you be honest, you tell folks "I voted for him because I was afraid of 4 more years of Obama. But I was wrong."

No need to worry about any of that my friend! Because Romney can't beat Oweblamoe!!!! Ron Paul CAN if given the nomination, but Romney CAN'T! Why do you think the media shut out of Paul is happening? Because the media knows that he CAN beat Oblamoe and they are terified of him. Romney on the other hand has become a "media darling"..............precisely because the media knows that he cannot beat the O'boy! They are pushing their agenda.........get Romney the nomination........and then give Obummer another four years in which o entrench himself enough to become king.

So don't worry about any of that stuff.....ain't gonna happen!

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 02:54:54 AM »

But y'all do me a favor:

No need to worry about any of that my friend! Because Romney can't beat Oweblamoe!!!! Ron Paul CAN if given the nomination, but Romney CAN'T! Why do you think the media shut out of Paul is happening? Because the media knows that he CAN beat Oblamoe and they are terified of him. Romney on the other hand has become a "media darling"..............precisely because the media knows that he cannot beat the O'boy! They are pushing their agenda.........get Romney the nomination........and then give Obummer another four years in which o entrench himself enough to become king.

So don't worry about any of that stuff.....ain't gonna happen!

I hope you're right, and here's why ... conservatives, anti-progressives, constitutionalists will be unified in their opposition to Obama. And that's the only hope we have for 2016 and beyond. Evidently it hasn't been bad enough yet for people to really get it, so if it takes 4 more years of even worse, so be it. Perhaps then the GOP will grow a pair, toss the RINOs out, and get down to business. This election cycle is a travesty.

If Romney wins, progressives will have won, and marginalized true conservativism and we won't have a prayer in 2016.
held fast

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2012, 02:56:59 AM »
Ron Paul plans to make huge cuts in defense spending.  I can't support that.  We need a strong military worse than ever.  We need the jobs defense spending provides.