Author Topic: ordering extra barrels from Ilion is a little different  (Read 3916 times)

Offline watkibe

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Re: ordering extra barrels from Ilion is a little different
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 04:01:42 PM »
Hey LedLobber ! I have had 3 788s, still have one, regret selling the other 2, love the one I still have ! And an 870 Express...
Well, today turned out pretty good. It wasn't their fault that my gun broke while being proofed, that's what proofing is supposed to test for. I'm glad it happened there, not here ! Brian56 has been awesome, gave me good directions to get a SR, and had me mark the box to his attention so he can fix it personally !!! Awesome, what a guy !
I talked to Fred in Customer Service, he took the info and wrote it up. I told him I hoped they would give me a pre-paid shipping label. He said "...well, we try to help people out...". I got the SR email immediately. By the time I had it all packed up, the pre-paid label was in my inbox !
As soon as I can get it to a UPS drop-off, it's back to Ilion ! This gun travels way more than I do...

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 04:08:20 PM »
Sorry to read of the "new" problems... Looks like you got it licked now, Brian is on the case... I have a strong suspicion he will make it right!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline LedLobber

• Maker of Smokeless Smoke.
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2012, 09:51:51 AM »
Glad to hear your being Taken Care of Watkibe. :)
Sounds like Brian 56 is THE Man to know! :) I'll have to try and Pester him if I send in one of my receivers.
I like BIG Boolits.

Offline KIMBER45

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2012, 12:09:51 PM »
I'll never get another barrel from them. I've had Too much hassel and too many problems. It's entire guns or nothing for me.
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2012, 12:25:01 PM »
For every person that's had a problem, there have been hundreds that have had zero issues and are very happy with their service, I'm proud to count myself as one of em.  ;) For those that have had problems, Ilion repair has made things right, their service is hard to beat. Ilion service had some rough times at first when H&R moved the factory there from Gardner, but it has been smooth sailing for the most part for several years now. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for Madison Customer Support, sometimes great, more often less than desired.  :-\

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline watkibe

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2012, 03:04:07 PM »
I am happy with Remington/H&R service, and Brian56's personal touch makes it outstanding. So far, everything has gone perfectly.The barrel latch breaking and the old barrels not fitting anymore was unexpected, but they are making it right through proper channels. A man has got to know his limitations, and mine start right about where I start filing away trying to get my barrels to lock up. I am happy to leave it to the professional. Everybody has things go wrong sometimes, just so it's not all the time, and if they step up to make it right, no problems.
I own my Handi because I love to have the chance to reload new calibers; new Handi barrels is the most affordable way I know.
I did see Midway is selling drop-in accessory barrels for a Rossi single shot, if you want to send dollars and jobs to Brazil.
I saw on the Remington website that they are selling H&R parts, including a monolithic scope base/rings set up (like the DeadNutz) made by H&R. That's a new one on me.
Anyway, UPS got my gun yesterday, and their tracking has been down until just now. My package is on the truck and headed to Ilion. They didn't have to, but H&R paid the freight, which I thought gave a real professional and gracious touch to their customer service.

Offline geartow

• Blow a Crow, Drop a Yote!!
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2012, 07:38:40 AM »
WOW , I dropped my frame off on monday the 13th at the Ilion plant at noon they called today the 16th to tell me it is ready for pick up with 3 new barrels and stocks fit

Blow a Crow, Drop a Yote!!

Offline LedLobber

• Maker of Smokeless Smoke.
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2012, 07:52:32 AM »
 :o  WOW. THAT'S FAST!
I like BIG Boolits.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2012, 10:45:59 AM »
WOW , I dropped my frame off on monday the 13th at the Ilion plant at noon they called today the 16th to tell me it is ready for pick up with 3 new barrels and stocks fit

I guess its nice being local ,huh.... ::)

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2012, 11:26:17 AM »
Be sure to post in the Ilion Satisfaction poll so we can keep it up to date.  ;)

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?topic=150915.0

Offline watkibe

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2012, 04:55:10 PM »
I had ordered dies, brass, bullets and so on for my new 243 and 35 barrels, and I picked them up at my mail box today. The box, marked "Nitro Express Shipping from Midway USA", was kinda heavy, and I had it hoisted up on my shoulder. As we turned away from loading it in the trunk, a total stranger startled me. He came up to me and said "Man, I'm jealous ! A big heavy box like that from Midway has got to be full of some good stuff !"
I laughed, and it was funny, once I was sure he wasn't planning on robbing me of my nice big box. Either he was just a nice fellow shooter, or else maybe he saw my black nylon fanny pack/holster worn in front, and decided to look for easier pickings elsewhere, haha.

Offline watkibe

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2012, 12:53:47 PM »
Today, 21 Feb 2012, UPS confirmed delivery of my package in Ilion. So, 1 week in transit, same as last time. I have no idea how Remington/H&R is organized, so I don't know how marking my box to Brian's attention will work; so I PMed him that it's there.
THANK YOU BRIAN !

Offline watkibe

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2012, 10:50:02 AM »
Brian56 emailed me today, saying he had just finished fitting my barrels and was sending them for testing.
WOW, so fast. GOOD JOB, BRIAN ! THANK YOU !

Offline watkibe

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2012, 12:53:09 PM »
Last weekend I got the "gun has been shipped" email, but the UPS tracking link just said the label had been created. Today (Wed 29 Feb) Ups says its on the truck, due here on the 5th. If so, that will be 3 weeks from here to there and back again.

Offline hunter63

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2012, 11:09:09 AM »
So what is the sku number for a .35 rem?
I just reciever back, an order for a .35 whelen, .357 mag and 30-30 barrel....after hearing that the .35 whelen was abvaliable on the this forum, and first saw them listed on the web site back in Jan.
If all else fails, I can always shoot supper.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2012, 11:17:48 AM »
See the New Accessory Barrels sticky or the retail products page in the FAQs, the 35 Rem barrel part number is listed in both.

Tim

Offline hunter63

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2012, 11:22:46 AM »
Thanks........
If all else fails, I can always shoot supper.

Offline rong

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2012, 01:40:25 PM »
Hello, I  called them up ,spoke to the guy,
asking to have a used barrel fitted, and that
I wanted a new .223 bull barrel.
They sent an RA to me and an address
to send my Handi Rifle with the used barrel.
It took less than a month.
The 223 barrel was $114 with scope rail.
Ron

Offline watkibe

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2012, 09:53:11 AM »
I first sent for new barrels on the 14th of Feb. Yesterday the 5th of Mar, I got my Handi and
the two old barrels, all fitted nicely again. They gave me a pre-paid shipping label to send it to them, and did the work and return shipping under warranty. In other words, all is made good at no cost to me. A first rate operation, in my book. THANKS AGAIN TO BRIAN56 !
Now for the pleasant drudgery of mounting 4 bases and scopes and boresighting and verifying zero with rounds on target. There's snow on the ground but the sky is blue. Life is mostly good !

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2012, 11:52:21 PM »
I first sent for new barrels on the 14th of Feb. Yesterday the 5th of Mar, I got my Handi and
the two old barrels, all fitted nicely again. They gave me a pre-paid shipping label to send it to them, and did the work and return shipping under warranty. In other words, all is made good at no cost to me. A first rate operation, in my book. THANKS AGAIN TO BRIAN56 !
Now for the pleasant drudgery of mounting 4 bases and scopes and boresighting and verifying zero with rounds on target. There's snow on the ground but the sky is blue. Life is mostly good !

GREAT TO HEAR GOOD NEWS!!

I like mounting scopes! I just bought two scopes and it caused me to have to re site in five rifles! LOL... I HATE this .... Ya rite , believe that and I'll tell ya another... ::)

I'm hitting the range later today myself... No snow on the ground here... been wacky weather here... its forcast to be 65 degrees later... was in the teens and mid twenties a couple days ago.....

BEST OF LUCK with the drudgery of mounting and sighting... ;)

CW

NRA LIFE Member