Author Topic: Gun prices  (Read 476 times)

Offline ironfoot

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
Gun prices
« on: January 18, 2004, 03:46:56 PM »
Seems gun prices keep going up. Why? Inflation has been low. There is a fair amount of competition among gun manufacturers. I can understand why some old guns that have had a reputation for quality would increase in price if they are no longer being made and become somewhat collectible (e.g. S&W model 17 .22 target revolver) but I just saw some S&W model 629 .44 magnums at a shop with a retail price of $649.00. New Ruger Vaqueros seem to have a starting price of $400.00 and up. Why the price rise?
Act the way you would like to be, and soon you will be the way you act.

Offline BruceP

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
Gun prices
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 04:02:29 PM »
The same reason that cars, clothes, and everything else keep going up. Even with the recent slow economy in areas of this country for the most part we have more money to spend on the things we want than ever before. Even if we dont have the money Visa or Mastercard will be glad to help you out. As long as americans are will to accept increasing personal debt, prices for everything will continue to rise. Think about it, if no one was willing to to finance a new car for five years  or a house for thirty years there is no way the prices would be as high as they are now because most people could not afford to buy them.
BruceP
Lord, Please help me
Keep my small mind open
and my big mouth shut.

Offline Bullseye

• Trade Count: (9)
Gun prices
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004, 04:44:01 PM »
How about the large amounts of money the gun companies are spending on the ridiculous lawsuits, it would have to run up the costs.

Offline Sean

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Gun prices
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2004, 06:12:08 AM »
Well, maybe your dealer needs more funds for his vacation. Maybe the employees of the gun companies want to earn more money and have a better life, maybe the distributors had to pay their employees more this year. All kinds of things effect the price you pay. Sean