Author Topic: USH Compact open sights?  (Read 413 times)

Offline JaredDrake

• Trade Count: (1)
USH Compact open sights?
« on: January 11, 2012, 02:20:17 PM »
Does anyone make some aftermarket sights for the Ultra Slug Hunter? Surely someone could rig up a front post that clamps onto the barrel and a rear site that clamps onto the sight base. Anyone know?
Jared
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. - John Adams

Offline Slackdaddy

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
Re: USH Compact open sights?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 03:36:17 AM »
for $25 you could throw a red dot on it,,,
Nicholas Andraka
REO Services
Serving Maryland since 1993
http://reoservicesofmaryland.com    reo_services@verizon.net

Offline JaredDrake

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 10:42:47 AM »
I thought about that, and that's what I would do at first. But, I'd still like the option of open sights that don't require batteries.
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. - John Adams

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 01:38:54 PM »
The Williams WGRS sight will mount in the two rear scope mount holes if you'll settle for an aperture sight, the WGOS blade will work on it too, but it's a bit close to the eye for an open sight. Then all ya need to do is have the barrel drilled and tapped for a front sight or epoxy one on, I've done both at home.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline tacklebury

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Central Michigan
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 03:45:31 PM »
Measure your barrel diameter at the bore.  You can probably use an NECG style band front sight which allows interchangable front blades with any ruger #1 style blades.  ;)  The biggest is .827" dia. and if it's a little small you can stretch them some.  Simple work for a smith to install and then solder in place.

http://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/index.html?welcometonecg.html~maindeal

***edit***
You could probably just epoxy in place too for testing.  ;)
Tacklebury --}>>>>>    Multi-Barrel: .223 Superlite, 7mm-08 22", .30-40 Krag M158, .357 Maximum 16-1/4 HB, .45 Colt, .45-70 22" irons, 32" .45-70 Peeps, 12 Ga. 3-1/2 w/ Chokes, .410 Smooth slugger, .45 Cal Muzzy, .50 Cal Muzzy, .58 Cal Muzzy

also classics: M903 9-shot Target .22 Revolver, 1926 .410 Single, 1915 38 S&W Break top Revolver and 7-shot H&R Trapper .22 6" bbl.