Author Topic: Question For Members About The Media  (Read 637 times)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Question For Members About The Media
« on: January 14, 2012, 02:08:39 PM »
I have a question for Graybeard members concerning the MEDIA.
Of all the so called media today on the TUBE (TV) Who do you consider the most fair minded of the  lot when it comes to politics?

For instance! Who gives (ALL)the Republican candidates running in the primaries the best coverage.
Who is less biased in their comments, and so on! And why do you feel they are doing a better job than the others?

Please try to be objective!

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Question For Members About The Media
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 02:18:05 PM »
I say fox has a more balanced general news coverage with a conservative and a liberal.
however, most news outlets seldom mention RP.  but when fox has had RP on, it's been a good interview.  when ABC has a conservative on, they can get really nasty with him.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 03:00:36 PM »
I like Fox News. 
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 05:24:39 PM »
I watch only Fox. The alphabet soup media are all the same, all liberal. I noticed that first when I wasn't even old enough to vote, during the election that Eisenhower won. The press didn't seem to play fair. It has done nothing but get worse since.

Offline Empty Quiver

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 05:33:31 PM »
I enjoy FOX but I realize they have an agenda to push. The fact theirs and mine are similar helps. If you remind yourself that the news and the commentary are two different things it helps.

I find I will watch BBC America all the way through and find a different interpretation many times. Fair or simply different? IDK
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 06:09:38 PM »
Fox,
ABC, CBS, and especally NBC are all operativesof the Democrat party.

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 10:32:31 PM »
RT seems very fair and balanced. Not only do they present the facts, but they also point out how other media outlets have often erroneously  portrayed the story. 
Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 05:20:22 AM »
I find I will watch BBC America all the way through and find a different interpretation many times. Fair or simply different? IDK

I think the BBC is definitely liberal but at the same time can be more fair than any of the American channels due to the fact that they usually report everything whereas the American channels will withhold certain parts of news stories or even withhold stories completely if it goes against their agenda.

I've noticed the same thing with the Spanish news channels, they will report everything that they see because they don't have a dog in the American fight. For example, I remember an anti war protest in Boston at the beginning of the Iraq war was covered by the major alphabet networks as being a peaceful protest with no violence. I watched coverage of the exact same protest on a Spanish network and they showed the protesters clashing violently with the Boston police.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 09:14:17 AM »
I have a question for Graybeard members concerning the MEDIA.
Of all the so called media today on the TUBE (TV) Who do you consider the most fair minded of the  lot when it comes to politics?

For instance! Who gives (ALL)the Republican candidates running in the primaries the best coverage.
Who is less biased in their comments, and so on! And why do you feel they are doing a better job than the others?

Please try to be objective!

Ok...OBJECTIVE..........None of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To get to the bottom of anything in the news today you need to watch them all and sift through the bias of each network. And even then you may not get the truth!
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline smokehouserex

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 09:50:23 AM »

I don't think that any of the media give a unbiased report. We just have to go with the one that suits us best. If we don't like Fox then we just change the channel, it's so much eaiser now than having to get up, look for the pliers and change the channel. If no report satisfies us then we can go to the Graybeard Site and ENJOY.......
  It's hard to get a unbiased opinion on anything and I feel that the News Media controlls the population's attitudes/opinions for the most part.  JMHO
  HM

Offline smokehouserex

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 10:10:17 AM »

nw_hunter:
  I did not complete my previous comment, so, I watch FOX News when I watch it, I like them better than the rest, and my wife watches the others and I listen in.

HM

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 10:40:39 AM »
Ok...OBJECTIVE..........None of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To get to the bottom of anything in the news today you need to watch them all and sift through the bias of each network. And even then you may not get the truth!
I feel the same way, get news from several sources across the spectrum.  They all have an agenda.

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 04:00:52 PM »
RT seems very fair and balanced. Not only do they present the facts, but they also point out how other media outlets have often erroneously  portrayed the story.
Heather

I have to agree with Heather! I just forced myself to watch part of the Fox debate in S.C.
I have never seen  a more obvious bunch of hypocrites in my life! A good reminder for me, why I stopped watching TV.

The first 40 min's, and the number two candidate in the race was given a total of 3 min's. to speak.And this was in response to loaded questions about his stance on Defense spending, "which I might add"  He answered brilliantly.I cannot stomach to watch another minute of an obvious endorsement of Romney by Fox news!

You can tell by his response, that he knew the questions in advance, and had a reply rehearsed for them.

Just found out that RT is a Russian based News agency with studios also in Washington DC.
Getting pretty bad, when we have to turn to foreign news agency's to get the facts we fail to get on American TV.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Lost Farmboy

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 04:20:04 PM »
  I used to like FOX. Now I see they are just playing the good cop, they are not. CNN lost all touch with the truth when they got rid of Lou Dobbs.

Now I have to read eu times, natural news, info wars and Russia today to see what is really happening in the world.

It's a scary world when Americans have to look to Russia to find the truth!!!
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala