Author Topic: had to chuckle yesterday. (a bit long)  (Read 790 times)

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
had to chuckle yesterday. (a bit long)
« on: January 15, 2012, 01:21:09 AM »
went to the gunshop and picked up my new cdl. I had traded for one of my cdp kimbers. First laugh was the gun shop owner. A younger kid that isnt all that gun savoy. He told me he had decided to keep the cdp and liked it so much that he had it customized. My brain was working and i couldnt figure out what youd have customized on a cdp as they come about ready to go out of the box. So i asked. He told me was having all the lettering on it gold filled. Well i about choked! Got home and called my best friend and told him id gotten the new gun and the story and we had a good laugh. Then he tells me that he went to a gun show yesterday and on his way home stopped at gander mountain to look and see if they had anything interesting. He said there was a guy in there in a snowmobile jacket with shorts and flip flops. Now theres 2 feet of snow on the flats here and it was barely in the teens so he about knew this guy was special. He said the guy was looking to buy a scope. He told the guy behind the counter that he wanted one of those new minute of angle scopes hed heard about. He said he had a 270 and had missed two deer at around 500 yards and it couldnt have been him as hes an excellent shot and that it had to be his scope. He said his scope was an older redfield that was bought by his father back before those new minute of angle scopes came out and that he knew that all he needed was one of those scopes that could shoot minute of angle. Buddy said he had all he could do to keep from busting out laughing at this idiot. He must have boughten a copy of guns and ammo and saw the words minute of angle and figued he was going to impress everyone with his vast gun knowlege by using them. Then the salesman recomended he buy something quality like a leupold. the guy looked at a 3x9 vx2 and liked it and asked what it cost. When the salesman said 300 bucks the guy put it down and asked what he had in the 50 dollar range that still was a moa scope. Boy it sure takes all kinds of idiots to keep this world going.
blue lives matter

Offline 52bagman

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
Re: had to chuckle yesterday. (a bit long)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 01:49:27 AM »
Wasn't "a bit long", was bout right, all around. lol

Offline Dave in WV

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 06:32:05 AM »
$50 MOA scope = POS Made Over in Asia.  ::)
His 500 yards was more like at most 200 and he held into the sky! ???
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline SilverArrowPro

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 07:05:18 AM »
lmao!

~K2~ sent from my Nook using Tapatalk

Offline Ladobe

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 08:06:33 AM »
I chuckled right along with you Lloyd.   ;D   A good laugh is never too long.

We've all heard similar even in unlikely places, and are constantly subjected to an array of the same on forums where the ACE apparently put a lot of effort into their post when a simple "Hello, my name is Dumb Sheet, and I am an idiot" would have sufficed.

Unfortunately anybody can own a gun, get a hunting license or post on forums these days.
Evolution at work. Over two million years ago the genus Homo had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. One species has evolved into obese cranial fatheads with thin skin in comparison that whines about anything and everything as their shield against their environment. Meus

Offline 52bagman

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 10:07:20 AM »
I'm amazed at how many people, experienced and not so, that don't even know the eye piece is adjustable. I have seen several old timers at the range cussing their new $400 scopes and when I go and ask what the problem is, then show how the eye piece works, they are dumb founded.

Offline Rock Home Isle

• A Real Regular
  • This is Rock Home Isle
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 10:22:47 AM »
Its amazing that there are folks that shoot firearms and have no idea how it works or what it does.

I wonder how many minutes of range work were spent before the baphoon decided that he needed a minute of angle scope. I would wager that he probably doesn't even know what 500 yards looks like....
“Lost?? Hmmm... been fearsome confused for a month or two, but I ain't never been lost!”
Henry Frap the "Mountain Men"

“Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Mother Gue said to me; ‘Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men.’  "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline.”
Del Gue in "Jeremiah Johnson"

Offline jim36

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (47)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 10:34:18 AM »
Can't believe this happened in the North. That is a definite redneck story that prolly happened here in Mississippi. ;D
Good post and agood laugh on this end. They are among us. ;D
                                                                                           Jim    <")))><

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 11:04:49 AM »
weve got them here to Jim!!!
blue lives matter

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 12:07:56 PM »
It is amazing! When I first moved to the Denver, Co area my two boys an d I were out at a shopping center that was named of all things" Cinderalla City" and now is defunct and gone!!
Anyway we were in J. C. penny`s at the sporting goods counter( they had them back then) and a guy  was wanting to put a scope on his gun that he was holding in one hand and had the scope in the other hand. We heard him ask the salesman which end of the gun does the scope attach to?
Yep they are out there and walk among us and "THEY VOTE"!!
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline Rock Home Isle

• A Real Regular
  • This is Rock Home Isle
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 12:11:14 PM »
Cinderella City Shopping Mall...He He He  ;D

Been there many times.

I'm a people watcher by nature...its amazing the things that people say and do. And yes, idiots have the same voting rights as us... ???
“Lost?? Hmmm... been fearsome confused for a month or two, but I ain't never been lost!”
Henry Frap the "Mountain Men"

“Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Mother Gue said to me; ‘Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men.’  "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline.”
Del Gue in "Jeremiah Johnson"

Offline Silvertp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 02:01:38 PM »
Thanks Lloyd, I needed a good laugh.

Now if I could only get me one of those $50 minute of angle scopes I wouldn't ever worry about missing a shot.

Silvertp

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 05:28:16 AM »
It has probably been about 10 years ago or so in my area when three not so sharp guys arrived at a non-controlled public range with an Uzi and a MAC10. People started getting concerned when they were seeing how much difficulty these three were having loading the mags and inserting them into the guns. Next everyone went diving for cover and making cell phone calls to 911 when the guns were fired and turned out to be full auto with the shooters having no clue how to control the guns. They were arrested and hauled off. Turned out that the weapons were stolen (no surprise there). At least no one was hurt.
GuzziJohn

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 11:56:33 PM »
one of my best friends has an aquaintance that is sitting in the federal pen right now. He bought a full auto uzi for a 150 bucks off a guy and was so proud of it he took it to the local shooting spot. He was showing it off to a couple guys there and one turned out to be a state cop. It was a good life lesson for a couple more of my friends though that owned strange guns and parts. Lots of the quickly dissapeared and i know of one ak thats at the bottom of lake superior right now. Just not worth taking any risks anymore. If i want to play ill just take my legal bump fire stock out and play.
blue lives matter

Offline Lost Oki

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 10:23:32 AM »
Had a guy I work with tell me how he gets 4500 to 5000 FPS out of his 325 short mag if he shoots 180 grain bullets.  I just smiled and walked off.  Over the years I have seen some real good ones.
Group of 3 dropping 22 LR down the barrel of his 7 rem mag, they were going to tap on them to dislodge the stuck case.  Their rim fire and won't go off unless you hit them on the rim.
Trying to shoot a 25 cal pistol at the 100 yrd range and complaining about the accuracy.
Goes on and on and on.  and they walk among us!!

Offline smokehouserex

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 11:14:15 AM »

Hello Lloyd:

My friend at the gun shop told me that someone brought a scope in the shop, did not bring the gun, and said he wanted the scope sighted in at 100 yds. I thought that was funny, but that min.of angle tops it all.
  HM

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 12:17:59 AM »
thats a classic too!!

Hello Lloyd:

My friend at the gun shop told me that someone brought a scope in the shop, did not bring the gun, and said he wanted the scope sighted in at 100 yds. I thought that was funny, but that min.of angle tops it all.
  HM
blue lives matter