Author Topic: NY imam sentenced in JFK terror plot. They live among us.  (Read 624 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
NY imam sentenced in JFK terror plot. They live among us.
« on: January 15, 2012, 03:22:11 PM »
Imam sentenced to life in prison in JFK airport terror plot  By Jim Barnett, CNN January 14, 2012 -- Updated 1155 GMT (1955 HKT)  Kareem Ibrahim leaves court in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, in 2007.  Kareem Ibrahim leaves court in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, in 2007.    STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • Kareem Ibrahim was convicted in May of conspiring to attack JFK airport
  • He is sentenced to life in prison for his role in the 2007 plot
  • Ibrahim was a leader of the Shiite Muslim community in Trinidad and Tobago
Washington (CNN) -- An imam and leader of the Shiite Muslim community in Trinidad and Tobago was sentenced to life in prison for conspiring to attack a New York airport by exploding fuel tanks and fuel pipelines under the airport, the Justice Department said Friday.
Kareem Ibrahim and several other co-conspirators believed the 2007 planned attack would cause extensive damage to John F. Kennedy International Airport and to the New York economy, as well as kill many people, officials said.
Ibrahim, 65, was convicted in May by a federal jury on multiple terrorism offenses after a four-week trial.
The plot originated in 2006 when Russell Defreitas, a naturalized U.S. citizen from Guyana who used to work at JFK as a cargo handler, planned the attack and then recruited others, according to officials. In May 2007, Defreitas gave Ibrahim video surveillance and satellite imagery of the targets because Ibrahim had connections to militant leaders in Iran, the Justice Department said.
During cross-examination at trial, Ibrahim admitted he advised the plotters to present the attack plan to revolutionary leaders in Iran and to use operatives ready to engage in suicide attacks at the airport, according to the Justice Department. On one of the recorded conversations entered into evidence, Ibrahim told Defreitas the attackers must be ready to "fight it out, kill who you could kill and go back to Allah."
Ibrahim was arrested along with two others in Trinidad in June 2007 and later extradited to the United States. He was convicted of conspiracy to attack a public transportation system, conspiracy to destroy a building by fire or explosive, conspiracy to attack aircraft and aircraft materials, conspiracy to destroy international airport facilities, and conspiracy to attack a mass transportation facility, the Justice Department said.
Defreitas was arrested in New York and convicted of terrorism charges in 2010 and sentenced to life in prison.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
Re: NY imam sentenced in JFK terror plot. They live among us.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 04:13:02 AM »
They live among us.

They live among us. Oh my... what shall we do?

Anya Cordell: Hate Speech Against Muslims Incites Violence

Hate speech against Muslims incites violence

If those who are invested in smearing Muslims took a break from yelling and judiciously listened, I believe they would no longer be knee-jerk anti-Muslim. Islamophobes, however, deny Islamophobia while they foment it. And they seem untroubled by violence, unless it is perpetrated by Muslims.
Those whom the perpetrator of the Norway massacre credited for inspiring his vicious attacks dismissed any influence, casting aspersions instead on the victims, smearing them as Muslims and “multi-culturalists”. (A site that tracks anti-Muslim attacks, daily, is www.IslamophobiaToday.com ).
As with Holocaust deniers, evidence does not deter those who smear all Muslims. But just because many people scream something does not make it true. Similar smear campaigns by intellectuals, social and political leaders targeted Native Americans, African Americans, Jews and Japanese Americans. These cases wrought untold destruction, until they were revealed as false and horrifying in the extreme. In the wake of racism, murder and genocide, profound lessons have often been realized, but too late to reverse the irreversible.
Though I continue to hold hope, logic seems lost to Islamophobes. Since Muslims are roughly 1/5 of the world’s population, they would be wrecking massive havoc, worldwide, if their nefarious goal was domination and destruction of all non-Muslims. It clearly isn’t.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline powderman

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 07:37:17 AM »
I would consider that muslims murdering innocents in 57 countries in 2011 as pretty well worldwide. We are in a global war on islam, or GWOI. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Online Casull

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 07:43:05 AM »
A response of "islamaphobia" to a post about a confirmed, thwarted islamic terrorist plot is just assinine.  A phobia is an unwarranted fear.  This murderous thug has been convicted.  What part of unwarranted do you not understand?     ::) >:(
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Alaska Dave

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (47)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 09:37:25 AM »
Yellowtail, are you trying to say that the plot never happened? The news made it all up? What you just posted makes no sence at all in relation to the original post.
Do you speak German? Well I don't speak Spanish so maybe you'd better learn English.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 10:14:58 AM »
A response of "islamaphobia" to a post about a confirmed, thwarted islamic terrorist plot is just assinine.
Ah - disapproval! I'm shocked...
Yellowtail, are you trying to say that the plot never happened?
No.
The news made it all up?
No.
What you just posted makes no sence at all in relation to the original post.
Sure it does. There's lots of Islamophobia and bigotry floating around. We've got people who actually believe we're in a 'war on Islam'. Maybe they'd like to be in said war... like to have keys and launch codes... but they're wrong.
they live among us!
So do Christian murderers, rapists, bad-check bouncers, and thugs... none of which has prompted a Global War on Christianity.

[/url]
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Online Casull

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 11:46:30 AM »
none of which has prompted a Global War on Christianity.

Where have you been?    ::)    It's been going on for decades.   
Aim small, miss small!!!

Online Casull

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 11:48:20 AM »

But not shocked enough to offer a counter.     ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 11:58:22 AM »

Yeah, I've heard that. I've even said it. But I've taken off my "us vs them" blinders. Making sport of fundamentalist/evangelical religiosity is a respectable prejudice in some circles, but it hardly qualifies as a war...

Offline powderman

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 12:09:03 PM »

CASULL. YEP, sure has. Does this seem pretty worldwide to you??

Annual Jihad Report
Jihad Attacks:
Countries:
Religions:
Dead Bodies:
Critically Injured:

POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 12:28:43 PM »

Powderman, would you kindly explain how it is that your little chart there indicates a... global war on Christianity? For example... give us a breakdown of victims of Muslim terrorists/radicals, by religion? Aren't a lot of the folks whose killing you like to trumpet... aren't they Muslims?

Online gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 12:54:53 PM »
YT3, their killing the Muslims that aren't as extreme as their way of thinking. Be like the Protestants attacking the Luthrans, or the Southern Baptist going after Catholics. They declared war on us,evidently you havn't heard about it yet. There was an instance alittle over 10 years ago, on Sept.11, they bombed several subways, some in England,Japan,they've blown up a bunch of nightclubs and hotel/motels. So far as I can determine, I havn't heard of any Christians or Jews doing any of that. Go ahead and google up Muslims attacks, keep yourself busy for a couple days catching up. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 01:15:50 PM »
They declared war on us,evidently you havn't heard about it yet.
We ought to establish who they is, right now. Will you do that? Who is they?

There was an instance alittle over 10 years ago, on Sept.11, they bombed several subways, some in England,Japan,they've blown up a bunch of nightclubs and hotel/motels.

Thanks,gypsyman. I'm aware of conflict with radical Islam, and I'm better read than most on the subject. I've got a degree in  history, and I read Robin Wright before she was fashionable. That aside... precisely who is the 'they' you're talking about, that declared war on us?
Most Muslims?
Some Muslims?
Arab Muslims?
Sufis?
Sunnis?
Shia's?
Muslims in Tennessee? Muslims in Toronto? Which ones?

...or was it all Muslims?

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 01:44:01 PM »

Annual Jihad Report
Jihad Attacks: 1974
Countries: 57
Religions: 5
Dead Bodies: 9015
Critically Injured: 16917

POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Powderman, over a million Iraqis have been killed in the war. A majority of them were innocent men, women and children not enemy soldiers. I cannot find numbers of innocent men, women and children killed in Afghanistan and Pakistan, but the numbers are in the thousands. Who do we blame these deaths on and who do you think the rest of the world blames for them?
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline powderman

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 02:35:40 PM »
LOST. Most of those killed are by their brothers and sisters. Muslims kill more of their own than we ever have, or ever will. We are out of iraq but the killing goes on daily. Whos doing the killing?? Muslims. If they can't kill a Christian or a Jew or have no other soft targets they kill their own. Their thirst for blood will never be sated, it's what they live for and they don't care whose blood it is. Christians and Jews aren't blowing up innocents in Churches, grocery stores, coffee shops, schools, etc, muslims are. The bigger the body count the better they like it. Watch the news, read a paper, the killing hasn't stopped in iraq, and it won't POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline Alaska Dave

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 03:20:17 PM »
The Muslim comunity as a whole have been practicing killing of their own people for centuries and been doing a damn good job of it. I believe we should sit back and let them keep on killing each other. It has to stop when they do it in the US.
Do you speak German? Well I don't speak Spanish so maybe you'd better learn English.

Offline Alaska Dave

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 03:24:52 PM »
A response of "islamaphobia" to a post about a confirmed, thwarted islamic terrorist plot is just assinine.
Yellowtail, are you trying to say that the plot never happened?
No.
The news made it all up?
No.
What you just posted makes no sence at all in relation to the original post.
Sure it does. There's lots of Islamophobia and bigotry floating around. We've got people who actually believe we're in a 'war on Islam'. Maybe they'd like to be in said war... like to have keys and launch codes... but they're wrong.
they live among us!
So do Christian murderers, rapists, bad-check bouncers, and thugs... none of which has prompted a Global War on Christianity.

And so i'm suppose to fall to my knees an pray to allah. I'm suppose to believe you and that stupid youtube video? Get real, there is a problem with radical muslims so pull your head out and look around.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 03:50:48 PM »

And so i'm suppose to fall to my knees an pray to allah.

Well, no, I've not suggested that, Dave. Did someone else suggest that to you?

[size=78%] I'm suppose to believe you and that stupid youtube video?[/size]

Did you watch the video, Dave? On the part about believing me... If I write something that is demonstrably false, you ought to dismiss it. If it's the truth but doesn't sound good & familiar to you, you can still dismiss it; sometimes ignorance is comfortable, I unnerstand that. Was there something I posted that you considered a falsehood, or just a view you don't share? What, which?

[size=78%] Get real, there is a problem with radical muslims so pull your head out and look around.[/size]

T
here is a problem with that. There's also a problem with anti-Muslim bigotry and ignorance right here in American, big-time. It's hard to talk about, though; people get all offended when asked to THINK.

Offline powderman

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 03:56:28 PM »
And so i'm suppose to fall to my knees an pray to allah. I'm suppose to believe you and that stupid youtube video? Get real, there is a problem with radical muslims so pull your head out and look around.

ALASKA DAVE. That seems to be exactly what the muslim supporters and promoters  are saying. Not me. Welcome to the board Sir. POWDERMAN.  :o :o