Author Topic: Wisconsin Recall deadline - midnight  (Read 2159 times)

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
Wisconsin Recall deadline - midnight
« on: January 16, 2012, 06:22:05 AM »
Be interesting to see number of reported signatures delivered by deadline, and more importantly from what areas of the state. Newspapers around the net today are speculating anywhere between 720,000 to 1 Million.

How the signature drive compares by various regions to the number of people voting for and against Walker in 2010 will be telling. The primary places to look will be Waukesha, Washington, and Ozaukee counties. These three counties tipped the balance in favor of Walker last time round.

Walker received:
  71.5% of the Waukesha County vote,
75.2% of the Washington County vote,
68.9% of the Ozaukee County vote.

It is being reported ,
If the signature drive was successful in those three counties it may be an indication Walker's base has eroded since his election.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: Wisconsin Recall deadline - midnight
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 08:42:08 AM »
It will be more interesting to see all of the forgeries and multiple signatures that will be thrown out... I can't wait for that number!!!
Nobody I know has wavered in their support for Walker if anything it has strengthened.  And of all the dozens of places that I have seen union workers soliciting signatures, not once did I see anyone signing...
The whiners will get their way and get a recall, no doubt.  But I will lay heavy money that he will not be bumped from office...
Maybe we should push for a re-do of the Packers/Giants game, isn't that the way is it done????  If you don't get your way, you whine and stomp and file petitions and whine some more to your union rep until you get your way... Exactly what I'm trying to break my children of, aside from the petitions...
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Doug B.

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
  • Still A Kid At Heart - 1971 Honda CT70H
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 02:31:20 AM »
It is being reported , If the signature drive was successful in those three counties it may be an indication Walker's base has eroded since his election.

We can only hope.
"Be A Good Listener. Your Ears Will Never Get You In Trouble"

Cadott/Chippewa Falls, WI

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 03:14:50 AM »
It is being reported , If the signature drive was successful in those three counties it may be an indication Walker's base has eroded since his election.

We can only hope.

Yes I know, hope and change.... Heard it all before.
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 07:03:32 PM »

We can only hope.

Hey, Doug, how's that hope and change working for you?  I have no hope for a future under Obama, and just a little bit of change because his laws raised my health premiums by 17% this year.  I hope for a change of president.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline Doug B.

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 11:39:12 PM »

We can only hope.

Hey, Doug, how's that hope and change working for you?  I have no hope for a future under Obama, and just a little bit of change because his laws raised my health premiums by 17% this year.  I hope for a change of president.

ST762

Please refer to topic of this thread.

There were more than one million recalls delivered to the Wisconsin Accountability Office in Madison yesterday for the recall of "Governor" Walker. I'll bet there was more than one Republican that signed. 

On Wisconsin!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 12:46:36 AM »
We can see the unions and Democrats have retained some power in Wisconsin  government.  Wisconsin's "Government Accountability Board" says where Mickey Mouse and Adolph Hitler signed petitions..those name WILL be counted.
      Proof the unions and Democrats have retained some power; only they could be so unashamedly crooked..
   http://www.wisn.com/r/29987729/detail.html
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Doug B.

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 01:48:24 AM »
At this point it appears as though "Governor" Flopper needs all the help he can get. While the recall petitions were being delivered to the Wisconsin Accountability Office, where is Scott? He is in New York state "drumming up money" from his corporate buddies, a $2500.00 a plate dinner. What voter, whether Republican OR Democrat can afford that kind of cash closer to home, in Wisconsin? Can anybody disagree it's a corporate fundraiser? Can you say big money? This politician is again buying his Governorship.........well o.k. trying to defend it.

The Accountability Board has hired 30 temporary workers to help review the signatures and plans to hire another 20. Its hiring has been slowed because it has had trouble locating job seekers in the Madison area who did not sign the petitions to recall Walker. This according to Kevin Kennedy, The Accountability Board's Director, also a Republican.

It would appear to me that he is running scared, and for good reason. This "Governor" has divided the ranks and they will ultimately be reunited.

Forward!

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 03:33:22 PM »
As if there was no outside influence or "big money" from unions all over the counrty.

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 04:24:44 PM »
The petition count is reported to be closer to the 2 million mark. Looks like our governor is in trouble.

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline SwampThing762

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 06:11:16 PM »
It will be interesting to see if it gets thrown out due to fraudulent signatures, such as "Adolf Hitler", and possible signatures signed by non-resident union thugs who are not registered to vote in Wisconsin.   It is all about union thuggery cause they only have one page in their playbook.....violence.      Gee, sounds like OWS, another leftwing gimmecauseiwantafreeride group.

ST762

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline SwampThing762

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 06:12:02 PM »
BTW, Doug,  I stayed on topic.  I refer to you post and my reply.

ST762

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 02:41:50 AM »
The Governor isn't running scared, just preparing for what lies ahead.  He will need a lot of money to combat the union backed candidate.  They pumped 10's of millions into last summers recalls and the bargaining fight, both of which they lost... Yesterday there was an article on JSOnline talking about the 5 candidates that the unions interviewed.  You really think that the 80 of Wisconsinities are going to back the hand picked union puppet??? Someone like Cathlene Falk? Ha, bring her on!  Walker will chew her up and spit her back in the face of your union thugs.

The liberal whiners are giving Walker the perfect arena to showcase his platform and highlight the benefits of what he has acomplished already.  And the liberal candidate will run on???? We need to go back to billions of dollars of deficit and layoffs so the union whiners can have their lavish benefits restored... All the while costing the state $9-20 million for this unnecessary recall election.  The only good thing is that the unions will burn through a good chunk of their money that would have gone to your ZerObama buddy... LOL, you liberals make me laugh...
Buckskin

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 03:03:57 AM »
Doug B, better think twice for what your hoping for. Check out the stats on Detroit,Mi. It's been a democrat city since the 60's. It's a real hole of a city now. We had a city here in Ohio, just in the last couple days, lay off workers, because when Issue 2 passed, union workers for the city,state,county, got their benifits paid for, instead of kicking in some, out of their paycheck. Now there are 80 employees getting everything, and 20 are laid off. Guess if your in that 80, it doesn't matter. Kinda like the longshoreman unloading the boats from overseas. Who gives a crap about the union workers that use to make shoes,clothing,appliances, that are now out of a job because of what they do at the docks. Real union brotherhood. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 05:12:09 AM »
It is indeed difficult to understand anyone who wishes their home state or country go broke..outside of Obama anyway..
  It is obvious that in 2010 Wisconsin was slipping into an economic abyss.  Then Walker came along, ready to lay it on the line and risk his term in office, just to save the state from bankruptcy.  It may or may not cost him his job, because he only took it on principle, something unions and apparently Democrats have difficulty in understanding.  In either case, he can hold his head high, knowing at least HE did the right and honest thing...
     Must be nice, turning against a man who perhaps saved their state from collapse...   Greed (and thuggery) knows no bounds.  Here's what happened in Wisconsin, just reading the first two paragraphs will clarify the issue..   http://hotair.com/archives/2011/04/16/walker-plan-holds-down-property-taxes-delivers-lowest-structural-deficit-in-15-years/
     Naturally, like unions everywhere, they can't see the "forest for the greed".  So many companies and municipalities have failed because the unions would not use common sense...they would rather kill the "goose that lays the golden egg"
  ...Dig all those future golden eggs out NOW !  Doesn't do the goose any favors though...

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline 1sourdough

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 06:10:17 AM »
 I'm waiting for the legitimate signature number too. I wouldn't doubt if phone books were used to get those 'signatures'. Either way I don't see Walker losing in a recall election, not to Falk, Barrett or the other few mentioned. Many of us will gladly take Walker over the likes of Doyle, or Falk, same thing.
NRA, Veteran

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 06:42:14 AM »
I'm waiting for the legitimate signature number too. I wouldn't doubt if phone books were used to get those 'signatures'. Either way I don't see Walker losing in a recall election, not to Falk, Barrett or the other few mentioned. Many of us will gladly take Walker over the likes of Doyle, or Falk, same thing.
  Unfortunately there must be some in Wisconsin who don't mind skyrocketing taxes, standing on the brink and watching friends and neighbors leaving regularly for better pastures.
    I guess they plan on milking the old cow till she dies...

Offline scootrd

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 07:40:19 AM »
They pumped 10's of millions into last summers recalls and the bargaining fight, both of which they lost...

I'm not sure you can claim losing two republican seats last go round as winning. Republicans hold a narrow 17-16 majority in the Senate. Aside from the million or so signatures delivered specifically targeted against the recall of Walker , an additional four  Republican state senate seats are also in play this go round as well.  will be interesting to see what happens. 

I also think (we will need to wait for the validated count) more signatures were delivered on the recall , than the number of votes that placed him in office. This could be an indication some of his base has eroded. will need ot see final published number.
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 07:43:29 AM »
  Yes;
 Will there be enough to elect to again go down the old, failing trail toward bankruptcy ?

Offline scootrd

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 07:48:24 AM »
It is indeed difficult to understand anyone who wishes their home state or country go broke..outside of Obama anyway..
  It is obvious that in 2010 Wisconsin was slipping into an economic abyss.     

Actually , if I read the recently published Wisconsin data correctly , Wisconsin is in worse shape now economically. I will go back and look for the report of the latest Govt published numbers and if I can find again I will post link for all to read themselves. I dont know what the correct path for Wisconsin is , but after seeing the latest published Govt data I can say the course they adopted is certainly not working.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 07:57:16 AM »

Actually , if I read the recently published Wisconsin data correctly , Wisconsin is in worse shape now economically. I will go back and look for the report of the latest Govt published numbers and if I can find again I will post link for all to read themselves. I dont know what the correct path for Wisconsin is , but after seeing the latest published Govt data I can say the course they adopted is certainly not working.
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  You're not reading closely; this article got it's info from the published state figures;
   http://hotair.com/archives/2011/04/16/walker-plan-holds-down-property-taxes-delivers-lowest-structural-deficit-in-15-years/

Offline scootrd

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 09:23:22 AM »

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  You're not reading closely; this article got it's info from the published state figures;
   http://hotair.com/archives/2011/04/16/walker-plan-holds-down-property-taxes-delivers-lowest-structural-deficit-in-15-years/

Hotair,com ...seriously??  I will look for the .gov link and post.

IG politics aside ... Every legitimate Economist will tell you .. these are failed policies. there is no re-inventing the wheel here..  Wisconsin is not going to cut their way out of this mess and place the burden on individuals. Neither is any other state. It is a failed approach.

Wisconsin gave 140 million dollar tax break to large multinational corporations and the like. Then tried to balance the shortfall on the backs of targeted resident popuulation.  The corporations said Thank you very much and continued to off shore jobs, relocate out of state etc.. leaving Wisconsinites to pick up the shortfall in lossed revenue.  I believe Joerns Healthcare in Stevens Point is the latest company to follow suit, leaving hundreds of local Wisconsinites without jobs.  Now officials are angry because state leaders provided incentives for the company to stay.

Massachussetts did the same thing. They gave fidelity investments huge tax breaks and incentives to stay in state , create Jobs,  and allowed fidelity to save $1.7 billion  Fidelity said thank you very much , pocketed the breaks, created no new Jobs,  and moved the existing jobs out of state and overseas leaving the Mass tax payers holding the bag for the states revenue loss. 

Under Walkers policies Wisconsin is one of the states that leads the nation in Job Losses.  Wisconsin cannot cut their  way out of this mess , Corporations need to pay their fair share. supplying cronyism tax credits to corporations that create no new jobs within the state is terrible public policy.  providing something,  receiving nothing, and then asking middle class Wisconsinites to suck it up.... is well ... Just plain dumb.

Walker paid for something , He got nothing in return , and middle class Wisconsinites have suffered.

- JMHO

Semper Fi

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 09:32:55 AM »
Scoot says;
   " Under Walkers policies Wisconsin's leads the nation in Job Losses , that's just a plain fact" .
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  Rather doubt they lead the nation, but of course it didn't help when Obama got his "capitalist crony" Immelt to pull thousands of GE jobs from Wisconsin and send them to China.  Kinda like Obama's NLRB...better if Boeing is forced to China, rather than have them build a plant in South Carolina..   As in Wisconsin..simple formula;..putting the "good of the unions" ahead of the "good of the country".
   All the more interesting..since they sure couldn't unionize in China ! Must be they just want to punish South Carolina or the whole country...no other explanation..   (if the unions can't have it, give it to the commies)....more "liberal logic". :o :P

Offline scootrd

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 09:39:46 AM »
ASSOCIATED PRESS   Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 1:19 p.m.

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The latest state jobs report shows Wisconsin lost 3,900 private sector jobs in December 2012, marking the sixth straight month of losses. The state has lost 35,600 jobs during the last six months of 2011. Jobless claims sank by 50,000 to a  seasonally adjusted 352,000 in the week ended Jan. 14

How them policies working out?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 10:04:36 AM »

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The latest state jobs report shows Wisconsin lost 3,900 private sector jobs in December 2012, marking the sixth straight month of losses. The state has lost 35,600 jobs during the last six months of 2011. Jobless claims sank by 50,000 to a  seasonally adjusted 352,000 in the week ended Jan. 14

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  A whole lot better than "hope & change".. 

Walker has only been in office for a few months, can't turn a sinking ship on a dime..ask the captain of the "Costa Concorde"!  ;)     
...Of course, by Obama's standards he has a couple more years in which he is free to blame his predecessor!  ;) ;D

Offline scootrd

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2012, 11:22:30 AM »

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Walker has only been in office for a few months, can't turn a sinking ship on a dime..ask the captain of the "Costa Concorde"!  ;)     
...Of course, by Obama's standards he has a couple more years in which he is free to blame his predecessor!  ;) ;D

walker has been in office for over a year.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 02:25:17 PM »

[/quote

walker has been in office for over a year.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
   Walker has been in office over a year...  Shucks!...  By Obama standards, that only gives him 2 more years of blaming Jim Doyle for the mess he left him !  Apparently Jim Doyle "ran the car into the ditch" (quoting Obamanites).. ;) ;D
   Strange though, I've seen Walker on TV and haven't heard him accuse Doyle of drunk driving  :D   ...A bit more of a man than Obama , I suppose..

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 03:45:57 PM »

December 2012?????????? I don't recall that particular month/year getting here yet. Sumpthin screwy here! But that's not unusual with leftist propaganda. ;)
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 04:08:22 PM »

December 2012 ??? ??? ??? ? I don't recall that particular month/year getting here yet. Sumpthin screwy here! But that's not unusual with leftist propaganda. ;)
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  Sure looks leftyish..doesn't it !   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline scootrd

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2012, 04:54:08 AM »
Big deal , I made an error in the date and typed  2012 instead of 2011 -  would you like me to post the original link to the data ? would be happy too.  I see it all the time on these threads. When data says opposite , invoke the word Obama or liberal leftyish etc,  Evade , deflect, etc rather than just address the truths and discuss . Some folks are just blinded by ideologies they would jump off a bridge if the Republican party asked them too.

I'm not a left wing liberal and I will be voting for Ron Paul.
What I am is my own man and someone who thinks for myself and not just digests the party line and regurgitates crud posted on sites such as HOTAIR. I read both pro's and con's to every issue I am  interested in ,and not just what is spoon feed to us along the Party line crud and make up my on mind.

Is the Job Market getting better ? A little maybe.. but extract seasonal Jobs and we are still all far behind .. and the Walker breaks to his big corps cronys haven't panned out , all they have done is  forced him to make up budgetary shortfalls on the backs of middle class......stupid policy. He gave them something , they gave him back nothing , continue to leave the state , and Wisconsinites are left holding the tab while the jobs head south of the border.. Dumb.

So you feel free to regurgitate what is spoon fed to you , I myself will continue to read, learn,  research , and think for myself.

Walker was just plain wrong. That's my opinion , your welcome to yours.

As a side comment;
I bet all the folks who are voting for Romney haven't even read his tax plan yet or know his stance on gun control? Romneys tax plan is more Cronyism. More breaks for the most wealthy.  Folks are so interested in just defeating Obama they are so willing to trade one Obama for another and compromise their principles.
But this is for another thread....