Author Topic: Obama, prosecute marines, possible amnesty for taliban.  (Read 579 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Obama, prosecute marines, possible amnesty for taliban.
« on: January 16, 2012, 04:18:37 PM »
Obama: Prosecute the Marines, But Grant Amnesty to the Taliban?! Posted by Peter Schweizer Jan 16th 2012 at 12:46 pm in Afghanistan, Featured Story, Humanitarian, Islam, Islamic extremism, Justice/Legal, Soldiers, human rights | Comments (62)   For U.S. Marines to urinate on the dead is a dishonorable thing to do. And to tape it? Dishonorable and stupid. But to now go on a witch hunt over the matter is ridiculous. The Marines should be disciplined for what they did, but to characterize this as a crime and to treat them as criminals is ridiculous. Put 18 and 19 year-olds in a combat zone and you are going to get bad behavior.  But to throw the book at these Marines is an overreach and a mistake.
Throw the book at these guys…
 ..but Taliban brutality brings amnesty?
The irony of all this is that the push for prosecution comes at the same time that the Obama Administration is pushing for talks with the Taliban. Everyone assumes that any sort of political agreement with the Taliban would include some sort of amnesty for Taliban violence and barbaric acts far worse than what the Marines did. Do we really want to face the prospect of Marines in jail for urinating on dead bodies while Taliban war criminals go free? God forbid…

President Obama has some tough choices to make.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
Re: Obama, prosecute marines, possible amnesty for taliban.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 05:05:19 PM »
For U.S. Marines to urinate on the dead is a dishonorable thing to do. And to tape it? Dishonorable and stupid. But to now go on a witch hunt over the matter is ridiculous.

Witch hunt? Who is talking about that, other than the dimbulb writing the article? A witchhunt is a dubious prosecution for offenses invented or imagined; this was on video, there is no doubt that it took place, and who did it. How the heck could this qualify as a witch hunt?

Of course, I do understand that witch hunt adds a little sensationalism, and helps frame poor widdle jarheads as victims... .
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Bugflipper

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 09:10:34 PM »
Bad things happen in war. In Vietnam, GIs and mercenaries would remove body parts of the dead Vietcong for psychological warfare. They could not go to their heaven if not complete. The Mercenaries were paid for each set of ears in their lime bag. The GIs would just toss them in the brush or trade them to a merc. If they were left alone the mercs would usually come by after a firefight and retrieve their paychecks if they were in earshot. US tire companies generally paid the mercs. In many cases an ace of spades made by the US Playing  Card company was also placed on the disfigured body to further crush the morale of the enemy. The playing card company would send pallets of decks of 52 ace of spades only for that purpose.

Things have changed a little bit in 40 years. Missing apendages, digits and such received not even a raised eyebrow. In today's US I wouldn't want to be in those boys shoes. They will be made an example of. Their commander in chief will once again bow to the other leaders and try to show we are a civilized country that has the utmost respect for all races, religions, creeds, genders, national origins and collectives. I would not do, nor do I condone what they did. But I haven't lived their life for the year or more they were at battle either. We have had several hundred thousand guys do bad things in war I would imagine. This would be very minimal at best if viewed in totality with other actions. For a soldier to come back and be a menace to society is a rarity percentage wise. They should just  be discharged since they were stupid enough to film it. But that's not enough of an example for our current administration. So most likely there will be a very public railroading of these boys to cow tow to the nations that the president is always so eager to please.
Molon labe

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 01:38:58 AM »
The only thing they did wrong, was allow themselves to be filmed.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline fatercat

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 02:44:11 AM »
i think they set a example.  piss on the people trying to kill our GI'S. kill some more of them or get our guys out of there, 

Offline powderman

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 03:09:36 AM »
BUGFLIPPER. Good post Sir.
BUGEYE, FATERCAT. Agreed Sirs. Imam obama will use this to stir up the libs and bow to more of his handlers, he gates our military anyway. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline Alaska Dave

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (47)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 03:30:04 AM »
If it's OK for the Tailaban to blow off our soldiers legs arms and anything else, behead their prisoners, then why the hell can't we piss on them?
Do you speak German? Well I don't speak Spanish so maybe you'd better learn English.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 04:52:34 AM »
You have to remember that the current administration hates the millitary
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline powderman

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 04:53:59 AM »
You have to remember that the current administration hates the millitary

YEP, and the taliban are his brothers. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline Casull

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 06:07:17 AM »
Witch hunt? Who is talking about that, other than the dimbulb writing the article? A witchhunt is a dubious prosecution for offenses invented or imagined; this was on video, there is no doubt that it took place, and who did it. How the heck could this qualify as a witch hunt?

Hmmm, kind of like someone posting about islamaphobe in the face of an article about a conviction for terrorism.  Oh well, that's hypocrasy.     ::) ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 08:52:27 AM »
Hmmm, kind of like someone posting about islamaphobe in the face of an article about a conviction for terrorism.  Oh well, that's hypocrasy.     ::) ::)

Being charged under the UCMJ for offenses RECORDED ON VIDEO, and handled by either courts martial or captain's mast... do not a witchhunt make. That's my point, regarding the original topic.

What exactly was yours?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Casull

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 10:48:30 AM »
Forgetting your own posts already?   ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 02:13:40 PM »
The liberals set it up this way for the U.S. to fail.  Their ideas just endangers all U.S. military personnel.   

Suicidal standards for America’s troops  Last Updated: 12:31 AM, January 17, 2012
 Posted: 10:14 PM, January 16, 2012
             More Print     headshotArthur Herman
  Let’s stipulate three things about this video purportedly showing four Marines urinating on the bodies of their Taliban foes.
First, we don’t know the whole story of how or why the video was made or even the context. Second, if those Marines did do what it shows them doing, they brought dishonor on themselves and have unwittingly given aid and comfort to their enemies.
Third, there are those who are consciously giving that aid and comfort by using the video to traduce the most civilized and humane fighting force in history.
It’s true that warriors desecrating their dead foes is at least old as Homer’s “Iliad — true but irrelevant. It’s also true that Americans in previous wars have behaved as badly in the heat and aftermath of battle as these Marines, and even worse.
       Cpl. Eugene Sledge’s memoir of fighting on Peleliu and Okinawa in World War II has harrowing scenes in which his Marine buddies collect the gold teeth of dead Japanese — although, Sledge was quick to add, “I never saw a Marine commit the kind of barbaric mutilation the Japanese committed if they had access to our dead.”
Nor did he see his fellow Americans deliberately murder civilians, as Japanese and German soldiers regularly did in that war. Sledge and his comrades never condoned the random acts of barbarism of their comrades, but they understood it in the context that their enemy lived by doing far worse.
That’s pretty much the way it was from the American Revolution to Korea. Then something happened in the Vietnam era, when those who opposed the war decided they could speed up an American withdrawal by turning us into the bad guys.
The 1968 My Lai massacre offered that opportunity, and they greedily seized it. A new moral standard was set for our armed forces that persists to this day. It said how our troops behave under fire would be as important to judging the success of the mission as whether we won — indeed, in the minds of many, more so.
The catch phrase was and is, how we fought a war had to reflect “who we are as Americans” — meaning as civilians sitting at home comfortably removed from battlefield death.
After Vietnam, our politicians demanded that our armed forces be trained to wield the most lethal weapons ever made, with the moral and cultural sensitivity of Peace Corps volunteers. To anyone who knows history, our troops have met this challenge with overwhelming and unprecedented success — as our real record in Iraq and Afghanistan attests.
But it has left our military trapped in a strange double bind, one reflected in the furor over this video. If Somalis drag our dead through the streets or Iraqi insurgents dismember captured Marines or the Taliban gang-rape and mutilate women to enforce their vicious version of sharia law, the media treat it as irrelevant to understanding who we are fighting, or why. They even suppress those stories and images — such as the beheadings of Daniel Pearl and Nick Berg. Their grounds for that censorship is that such reporting might “inflame hatred” — in other words, make us fight harder.
On the other hand, if an American warrior oversteps civilized bounds, his behavior becomes proof that our mission is a moral failure and no longer deserving of support.
To this mindset, Abu Ghraib trumps the crimes of Saddam, Gitmo overshadows the horror of 9/11 and four men peeing on a corpse nullifies our mission in Afghanistan.
This perspective is profoundly sick. It’s divorced from reality — one reason, I suppose, that it appeals to politicians and the media.
It’s even suicidal, as our enemies have been quick to discover. Who can forget Saddam Hussein’s “milk factory” during the first Gulf War or the al Qaeda manual that instructs trainees to cry “torture!” the minute they’re captured? It also led to the shooting at Fort Hood; no one dared to stop a raving jihadist in uniform for fear of being called an Islamophobe.
After all, who were the greater culprits in Vietnam, the men who fired on innocent civilians at My Lai or those who used it as an excuse to hand South East Asia over to the communists and genocide?
If experience is anything to go by, the Marines who misbehaved in that video will be disciplined and punished — while those who are trying to exploit those images to undermine their mission never will be.
Arthur Herman is a visiting scholar at the American Enterprise Institute.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/suicidal_standards_for_america_troops_VkuYFKsCigNZq7aURwVKWJ#ixzz1jlfe8woX

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline Lonegun1894

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 11:11:25 AM »
I dont see anything the Marines have done wrong.  Most things I have read about this incident claim that the Marines "desecrated" the bodies of their enemies.  I say it is IMPOSSIBLE to "desecrate" anything that was never sacred to begin with.  The only problem I see is that these taliban are not wrapped in bacon.