Author Topic: Shot Show about to start.  (Read 395 times)

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
Shot Show about to start.
« on: January 16, 2012, 05:25:42 PM »
Looked at the 2012 chatter available, the 300 Blackout got several mentions in ammo, a couple of rifles (no H&R mentioned) Not exactly exciting to say the least. Apparently Hornady is bringing out 17 Hornet ammo, so there must be a rifle to go with this somewhere? H&R maybe? How about 17 HMR barrels, could they be reamed for the Hornet? They had better have something, I feel a big yawn coming on. I may have to go back to re-spooling my surf rods. I guess we will know tomorrow.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Shot Show about to start.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 05:48:00 PM »
How about 17 HMR barrels, could they be reamed for the Hornet?

Yup, it and the  17 Rem, 17 Fireball been discussed many times before, don't count on a .17 centerfire from H&R, it's been considered before.  ::)

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,161552.msg1098721760.html#msg1098721760

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,244368.msg1099450056.html#msg1099450056
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline twoshooter

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 06:05:35 PM »
Oh well, I have 300 yards of 30 pound Sufix Braid to put on my surf reel, guess I will crank for awhile. I will check in tomorrow night and see what has been announced. Night all. :)
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline Deerhunter#1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 11:44:53 AM »
twoshooter did you find out anything

Offline Warthog

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Shot Show about to start.
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 02:08:48 PM »
I saw a picture of a Ruger from the SHOT show in .17 Hornet. The one I saw looked like a 77/17 grey target model.
Whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger.  Right up until it kills you.

Offline twoshooter

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 02:19:31 PM »
The only thing I hear seems to be something "tactical", variants on some AR platform etc, which interests me not at all. They did mention that Remington is bringing out a "micro-7, an AAC 300 version of the Model 7, complete with the threaded barrel for the suppressor. I am thinking that the same barrel that is going on the "7", will probably also have a lug welded to them and go on a handi. I think we are kind of looking at the rise of a real version of video games and shooting games etc that does not involve animals, hunting, actually killing something or eating it. Cardboard leaves no blood trail and cleans up pretty easy. I am torn between being somewhat happy at reduced competition, and worried that my obsolesence is accelerating exponentially. Hopefully there will be some lower tech stuff in the next few days.  :)