Author Topic: Drag Marks on Primer  (Read 402 times)

Offline Archie

• Trade Count: (1)
Drag Marks on Primer
« on: January 19, 2004, 02:03:53 PM »
I have a new 7.62 x 25 Tokero PP 33 make in poland 1950, .  When I shoot it there are drags marks across the primer as if the firing pin hit the primer in the center like it suppose to and the cartrige was drag off the firing pin.  Doe anyone know what causes this?

Thanks

Offline HAMMERHEAD

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Drag Marks on Primer
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 02:12:37 PM »
Generaly that is caused by a weak recoil spring.

Offline kciH

• Contributor
Drag Marks on Primer
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 02:54:18 PM »
I'll second Hammerhead on that.  You might want to locate a new recoil spring for your pistol.  Sometimes military surplus ammo can be a little hot and it will make the problem more pronounced.  I'd get it taken care of before you do much more shooting.  The gun is actually unlocking too early.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Drag marks
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 04:38:15 AM »
Archie:  I will 'third' the hammerhead and kciH, and will advise you to get a new recoil spring kit (recoil spring, hammer spring and firing pin spring) from Wolff Springs.  In fact, get a couple of those kits and while you are at it, be careful of the ammo you shoot - some of the Austrian stuff is made for either the CZ52 or the ppsh41/43 and is too hot for the Tok - my suggestion is to get some new Sellier and Bellot ammo for that sidearm.  HTH.  Mikey.

Offline Buckskinner

Drag Marks on Primer
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 02:12:54 PM »
I would be more inclined to think that the firing pin return spring is sluggish due to age or debrie, or both. Even new auto pistols will display the same characteristic when the firing pin return spring is not functioning properly. Pitting or wear around the firing pin hole can also cause sluggish functioning resulting in the appearance of the drag marks that you describe.
There goes the only man that I ever respected. He's what every boy dreams of becoming when he grows up and what every man wishes he had been when he gets old...