Author Topic: .308 COL  (Read 626 times)

Offline Deerhunter#1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
.308 COL
« on: January 19, 2012, 02:22:53 PM »
I know all my handi have long col but I am using the 150 nosler bt and I am at 2.95 in the lands. Talked to nosler and they said there factory 150 ammo is at 2.79. I was at the range today and had them loaded to 2.805 and got 2 inch groups with every h4895 load i shot.  Not bad for first range trip with the gun. Anyone else using this bullet and if so what length are you using.

Offline TNBilly

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Re: .308 COL
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 05:38:23 PM »
Never got past the workup loads on 150 bt loads myself.  I used the standard mag length 2.8 but I had intended to come back and check differing lengths.
America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.”        Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 01:09:00 AM »
Keep working at the load, you will get it shooting better and better!!

Your chamber is the only one like it, you need to find your sweet spot all barrels are different, what mine likes quite likely yours will not and may not even chamber... I like the Stony Point gauge for finding seating depths. But you could do it yourself, keep seating it deeper and watching closely for sign's of contact. Don't be suprised if your bullet is outta the case before contact is made... some barrels have mighty long throats... Others closer to what you would call standard.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 01:48:56 AM »
put you'a 165 nosler bt thru it with bout 42.2 of that H4895.

i like imr-4895, lil different in measure but, there both touch'n @ 100yrds ;D

i could not get 150's to touch years ago, so i went ona mission 8)

sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.