Author Topic: Who is Ron Paul?  (Read 220 times)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Who is Ron Paul?
« on: January 19, 2012, 02:42:51 PM »

Who is the real Ron Paul? We get plenty of info on the other candidates, and a lot of it negative I might add!But how much do we know about the personal life of Paul?

I thought this piece from the Christian Science Monitor was worth bringing to the forum.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2008/0102/p01s08-uspo.html
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Gary G

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Who is Ron Paul?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 09:01:50 AM »
Those that don't know Ron Paul should definitely read it. As for me, it reaffirmed the things that I already knew and added a few more details that I didn't know.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Re: Who is Ron Paul?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 09:22:52 AM »
That was an excellent read, it gives some details that I hadn't known about before.

Here is a good article from my local paper. Before the NH primary a reporter asked Paul who from history he'd most like to have dinner with. He said Ludwig von Mises, Ghandi and Grover Cleveland. The reporter told Paul that Cleveland's grandson lives locally. When Paul learned of this he said he'd like to meet him next time he was in the area. Someone set up a meeting, this article talks about it:
http://www.conwaydailysun.com/approved/story/grover-clevelands-grandson-meets-candidate-ron-paul-0
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783